“Stay Away - Total Nightmare”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Stay Away - Total Nightmare”
Reviewed 30 December 2007

This stay was so awful I don't know where to start. We checked in on 12/26 - or should I say, tried to check in. I went up to the desk labelled "Registration" and rather than being welcomed or greeted in ANY way, the clerk immediately started questioning me as to whether I was scheduled for something. She kept asking me questions, and I finally told her I had just walked in the door 30 seconds ago and I had no idea what she was talking about. She sighed and pointed across the lobby and told me I would have to go to the tour desk first and then come back with my "paperwork". OK. Walked over to the tour desk and again instead of being greeted in any way, I was again inundated with questions. Again, I told her I had just walked in and was told to come to this desk. She literally shoved the paperwork at me and told me to start filling it out. After jumping through all their hoops I was then told to go back to the registration desk! I think you are getting the idea. Not a good first impression.

We were finally given the room keys and found ourselves in a stark white hallway where they exchange towels and collect garbage. Not where I would put a guest. The room itself: There was one king bed, one very uncomfortable sofa sleeper, one chair, a small kitchen area in the hallway, some closets, and the bathroom. The bed was so high I had to climb into it. The sofa sleeper was awful. Adjacent to the bed was a "window" - and I use that term loosely - that was just large glass blocks. The hallway is illuminated all night, and the curtains don't move! So all we had to block out the light was blinds which didn't help much. Again, not a good impression. If I wanted to impress a guest that I would be trying to sell something to, I would put them in a nice room. Even my teenage son said this place felt like prison.

We went to the guest services desk at the top of the escalator, to inquire about surfing lessons for the next day, and a young girl was sitting at the desk chatting on a personal phone call. She didn't even acknowledge our presence. Went back 30 minutes later, she was still on the phone and again didn't even look up.
We went out to the pool area. The large pool was fine. We went over to the Lazy River and was told it closed at 5 pm! Huh? Why? There is also a hot tub.

We went to their grill restaurant for supper. My son had crab cakes, which he said were OK (about $10 for two cakes). I had a blackened chicken wrap, and my son had a hamburger. The food was acceptable - nothing more. Our server was also the bartender, so despite the restaurant not being busy, we didn't get much of her attention.

The next day we went to the tour desk at 8:50 am for the "presentation". About 9:05 a middle aged man named "Cliff" came out. OMG - can you say "used car salesman"? He had a fake smile plastered on his face and could not have been any more phoney. We were ushered up the escalator to the presentation room - or as my son later called it, the torture room. We were told to help ourselves to continental breakfast items, which we didn't. Cliff then took us to a table, and asked me how our stay has been. I asked him if he really wanted to know, he said yes, and I told him it was terrible thus far. I told him the check in desk staff was rude and unhelpful. His response was to start arguing with me! He couldn't believe anyone had been rude to us! He started questioning me as to every detail - who had I talked to, what did they say. I told him I was not here to rehash the day before and there was no point in it. He gave me a go to hell look, and this is exactly what he said to me: "YOU have to sit here for 90 minutes, but I don't have to sit here with you." And with that he got up, and started shoving donuts in his face. My son set the timer on his cell phone for 90 minutes, and we literally sat there at this table. At about 80 minutes, another man came out, opened the presentation booklet and asked me how our tour had been. I told him we didn't get a tour. We were left to sit at this table. He asked how our visit had been. I told him it was a nightmare and that I would NEVER come back to this place ever again. So what does he do? He says he can offer me a free week to come back whenever we want, with no sales presentation! I told him he had to be out of his mind if he thought I would ever set foot in this place again. With that we were walked to yet another location to complete the paperwork.

My son wanted to take a surfing lesson, so we stopped at the area adjacent to this paperwork desk, and the FIRST pleasant person we encountered. She called the surfing school and was able to arrange a lesson for 11:00 (it was 10:30 at this time), so we had just enough time to get back to the room and then get the cart that hauls people to the beach. My son loved the surf lesson and we spent a little time on the beach. There was a lot of dead fish on this part of the beach due to a red tide - in walking up the beach it was obvious the other resorts had removed the dead fish but not Ron Jon. It was pretty disgusting.

We took the cart back to the pool, and spent the rest of the afternoon there. Here is where we encountered the Pool Nazi - a middle aged woman wearing a t-shirt that said "Pool Staff". She first yelled at my son in the Lazy River to tell him "one tube per person". There were maybe 10 people in the river, and tons of tubes stacked up. He was laying on one and had his feet up on the second one. A bit later we were sitting in the hot tub and she came over to yell at someone who had dared to set a bottle of water on the edge of the tub. Another guest asked her to turn the music down - it was so loud you couldn't hear the person sitting right next to you. She never did. However, she didn't miss a chance to harass another guest when she dared to sit on the edge of the hot tub with a 2 yr old in her lap - the Nazi came over and yelled at her that the child was not old enough to be in the tub. She wasn't in the tub! The mother was sitting on the edge with her feet in the water and was holding the child! For heaven's sake - LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE!

We then went to the outdoor bar area to get something to eat. The same woman who was the bartender the night before was now working out there. My son ordered a pizza and she was so rude to him. I was standing behind him and went up to the counter to pay. I told her we wanted to add another pizza on to the order, and she sighed and rolled her eyes! I asked her if she was having a bad day, and she snapped "yes". No kidding. Neither of the pizza orders were correct as to the toppings we had ordered, and they were both totally burned on the bottom.

Checking out the next morning, the woman at the front desk asked me how our stay had been. I told her it was stressful and very unpleasant. She asked me for my paperwork (which is their number one priority) and told me to "have a nice day".

Do not waste your vacation time at this prison. There are many nice facilities in this area, which will welcome you and treat you like a guest, not an inmate. You could not pay me to go back to this place.

• Liked — My son enjoyed the surf lesson.
  • Disliked — Everything else. Most particularly, CLIFF and the lobby staff.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
11 Thank mitcham
rainbow89, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 January 2008
We appreciate feedback which indicates ways we can improve our operations. I apologize that your stay was disappointing.

The water park rules are established for the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests. New procedures have been established to monitor excessively loud music. We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for your candid comments.

Launa Young
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2007

This was the most relaxing vacation my family and I have ever taken. We did go through the painful sales pitch but we bought. My husband was skeptical but when you travel with the three kids and their friends or grandma - the space of the 2 bedroom units with a DVD player, 3 TV's, two bathrooms, laundry in the room, etc. - was very inviting. Also we thought about the money we would save on being able to eat breakfast, lunch and late night snacks without ALL of us going out or always ordering another Dominos pizza at midnight. So our first stay was last spring break. We had a two-bedroom ocean view room and it was amazing. Sunrise every morning, kids were sleeping in their bedrooms - Grandma and I didn't have to disturb anyone as we just sat their in silence watching the sun and the few people walking the beach to see the beauty. The ocean building is very relaxing. We didn't even have to sit on the balcony - we just turned our comfy chairs in the living room to face the balcony and hung out in comfort! The room was amazing!! It had all the bels an whistles and was more than enough room for the 6 of us. It had every pan, dish, and towel we needed.

If we wanted to get an idea of off property acitvies the Ron Jon customer service people were there to get tickets for us or guide us in any way. They were very accommodating!! We thought that when we went there that the sales people were going to bother us to purchase another week but we never got bothered or harrassed. Actually all staff from front desk - bartenders - waitresses - pool personell and so on . . .were all wonderful. We were even given a shell nightlight as a welcome gift that Grandma loved.

The pool building is fun for the younger kids, There are activities planned for them but teenagers really have to be outgoing to meet each other because there are not really any activites geared for them - that is the only negative that I found. There needs to be a teen center. It would be nice if they planned a "meet and greet" - Take All teenagers at a certain time and go to the Ron Jon shop and give them all a free $5.00 gift card. They can meet each other on the bus and you know that they wlll all buy more than 5.00 worth so it is a win win for Ron Jon and for the teens to meet each other besides in the jacuzzi at night.

Anyway - the whole place was clean - we loved that there is not maid service everyday bothering you. It was nice having a place on the ocean and having all the conveniences of home. I also liked that it was not on the strip. I felt very safe to have my kids roaming around by themselves (My youngest is 13) there are no vagrants or sellers on the beach - or weird people hanging around the property - it was very private and cozy.

The only other thing that I would suggest is to supply your kids with flashlights if they go to the beach around dusk. Also Ron John should put a light or Lighted letter or name on the back of the property so that people know which one to go to once it gets dark. When that sun goes down on the beach it gets VERY DARK very quickly - At night every building starts looking the same. Colored lights at the end of the beach walkway would work too. I saw a couple of scared kids on the beach after dark and had to have my husband flicker our lights in the condo to show them that they weren't that far away. Let's think of the kids!
That is just a suggestion.

So . . . We have used our week this year - We went back in August and booked a few days (you can call a couple weeks in advance and if there are rooms available you get them for a very low rate starting around 40 or 50ish) we were able ot book a studio. It is not as plush as the larger units but we were fine with it - it was just the two of us. Now it is almost New Years and I called again and they had a two-bedroom available for a few days so we booked a flight and we are getting the room for $80. a night. Where are you ever going to find a deal like that? For us . . . it has so far been a great investment. We will use it - our kids love it and they will have it for their kids. Ron Jon is a great place to relax and is very convenient to Disney, and other resorts too. It was easlily under an hour to get to that rat race and very happy to come home to my quiet balcony overlooking the ocean and watching the birds go by. The cruise ships are fun to watch too!! Stay at Ron Jon - you will NOT be dissappointed!!

• Liked — Room size, pool, beach, & beach
  • Disliked — Need more teenage meeting opportunities
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank vacationfun17
boston
Reviewed 7 November 2007

We stayed at Ron Jon's from 11/2-11/7 with relatives who own a timeshare.
Positives:
nice tiki bar&friendly bar staff, nice pool area.

Negatives: $25 a day to rent a beach chair/umbrella. At any decent resort you would not PAY for a beach chair. As someone coming from out of state I could not bring a chair with me and it seemed unreasonable to pay $100 for the week to rent a chair and umbrella.
The resort was infested with bees the entire time we were there. I saw numerous people get stung, one being my 4 year old daughter when she was supposed to be having fun on the lazy river. This was an extremely disappointing part of our stay, and luckily no one in our party was allergic to bees-I can't imagine if someone was.
Sales staff/constant tours: We got used the constant flow of people on tour of the resort. One unfortunate incident I was witness to was what I assume to be a supervisor walking thru the pool area, chastising an employee about the tour she had given. He was admonishing her, one part of the conversation I clearly heard was "Now you just gave away a tram ride for free". The employee was clearly uncomfortable and I would have thought these types of discussions would go on behind closed doors. Yes, we know you are trying to sell rooms in your hotel, but as guests it is not something you want/need to know about.

All in all, we did have a fun time more than likely due to the good weather and the company we had.

Consider all the factors above before booking or buying at Ron Jon's.

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank bostontraveler1125
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2007

Hi all. When vacationing in Orlando we always try for a 1 or 2 day pre-vacation kind of warmup at Cocoa Beach or vicinity, and we enjoy shopping at Ron Jon's. During this visit we were invited to the RJCC Resort up the road and enticed with a 1 night free stay at the place. Since we were going to be in Orlando anyway, we took the offer, for $20.00, to be refunded to us after our tour of the place, and the promise of a $100.00 check from Ron Jon for accepting the offer to tour.
We were adamant about getting a Saturday night at the RJCC and not some nearby Holiday Inn or equivalent. We wanted to actually experience the place.
I was most surprised that they granted us this demand. This impressed me. I think it demonstarted a confidence in the product that they were going to try and sell to me.
We met our end of the bargain by showing up for our tour at 10AM on a Saturday. We were booked for that very night.
The tour was the usual time share thing, which I actual enjoy. Yes, call me weird, but I try and always learn something from each presentation about the time share idea that I sit through.

In this instance I toured the RJCC's 2 BR lock-off, being sold as an every other year, deeded, and floating ownership kind of thing.
I admit to being naive about this entire real estate idea.
Anyway, we viewed both rooms carefully. I especially look for a great, functional balcony or terrace or porch, and in Florida I want it screened in. I love to get up early and have my coffee on a balcony and watch the earth come alive, especially at the shore. I like to get early morning sun in my face, even in Florida.
A view is great but I realize that the view that you actually get will vary with when you book the place and for what season so I just note what locations that I would want most to avoid.
The unit that we viewed was, of course, overlooking the big water feature below, probably the best view in the building. I note that rooms on the North side would be in shade but would be viewing the passage of the huge Cruise Ships as they venture out to sea thru a channel from Port Caneveral that is almost directly off the balcony of these rooms. You can actually see the pictures broadcast to the on deck passengers on the Disney Cruise Ship's big video screen as it sails by.

I also look for closet space because I hate having to struggle to find stuff that I packed because I had to stuff it all in 1 or 2 vanity drawers or hang it up in a closet in the living room or other bedroom. I want the master bedroom to have master closet space. So I snoop around looking at this type of thing. The salesman usually paces nervously as I do this. I also check for ceiling fans as I enjoy sleeping with a constant breeze and hate those intervals when the a.c. kicks off and all air movement stops. I usually wake up gasping for breath as I stumble into the LR to turn down the thermostat and kick the a.c back on then an hour later I am freezing.
I also scout the place for a functional layout. I enjoy an open floor plan. We are most relaxed and informal while on vacation (actually we are like this even when not on vacation) and I try to get a sense of just how the floor plan will work.
The wife and I hardly ever use a bathtub, so the waste of space that the big jacuzzi tub takes up in most of today's timeshares always gets a sarcastic remark from me, especially when the tub isn't big enough for a true overweight American man to wedge into.
We conclude our tour with a look at a 2BR Unit that is not a lock-off and I was most impressed. This unit was designed with me in mind. There are 2 entrances to the private deck, great! A walk in closet in the Master BR, great!
2 Double beds in the 2nd BR, great! I note that these beds are not the tiny single beds that I had seen in some other Resort's units. These were true adult size beds.
Kitchen, both baths, and the floor plan....all were great! IMO Functional and practical. No granite counter tops...so what! I am on vacation! The big patio/balcony is not screened in....not so great, especially in Florida, and most especially since there is a freakin state wild life park right next door, chock full of blood suckin nasties.
But they were not selling this unit, they were selling the 2BR Lockoff. Hmmmm! I am not that happy with the layout of the lock off. It is kind of like a maze, with many spaces and walls. I would not enjoy this layout. I note that the studio side has the king size bed, yet the other side has 2 dbl beds. I also note that the studio side has no balcony. Bit it seems roomy enough for 2, at least to me.
Anyway, we are now near lunch time, well into our 2nd hour, and I am missing beach time.
I know that we will give away $6,000.00 unless we decide now. The first day incentive thing is always there, tempting me ....tempting me.
I think we need to take a lunch break and think about it. I am told that lunch will be provided and it is. A fresh, deli sandwich. We ask for chips, we get chips. We ask for pickles, we get pickles.
We ask for coke, we get coke. We enjoy our lunch and we are left alone to ponder our decision.
We cannot be persuaded. But the salesmen try hard. They do the usual and customary routine on us, trying to turn the wife against my stubborness, but I hold out. Now it is almost 3PM. Our beach day is shot. I'm thinking that maybe these guys will comp me with a dinner at the restaurant on the property for keeping me from the surf, but no, they have become angered at my resistance to this obvious great deal and once in a lifetime chance at owning on the beach on the Atlantic Ocean in Florida near Orlando.
We check in and our room is a studio unit. This was understood when we took the bait....er...the offer at Ron Jon's Surf Shop. It is adequate for 2 adults but it is small, somehow looking smaller than when I toured the same layout hours ago.
Check in goes smoothly. We are hungry and we decide to follow up on a tip to try a restaurant on the dock at Caneveral Cove called Grills and it was perfect. The bartender was up to the task and provided perfect cocktails to us as we looked over a menu with a wide selection of eats. I enjoyed some kind of Bahamian Stew and a wonderful grilled tilefish. We liked this place so much that we returned the next day and had dinner again.
We spent the rest of the evening enjoying the live band entertaining the big crowd outside at the bar on the dock. They played traditional rock from the 60's and 70's. I was in heaven. Most bar bands I encounter these days get down right aghast at my suggestions that they try a little Crosby, Stills and Nash.
I wish I had remembered to spray on some mosquito repellant as the night wore on and I got better tasting to the critters.

We slept soundly and comfortably in a king size bed. So big I hardly was bothered by my wife's snoring but I eventually was, so I got up and decided to try and use the resort's internet connectivity and wasn't successful. My laptop could not access the RJCC Network from our room. I was unable to update my fantasy football team's lineup and my team had to play with 3 starters out on bye weeks.
Our studio unit had a great shower in the tub and the water pressure was good on a scale of poor to great! Poor being a trickle The exhaust fan worked efficiently allowing me to shave after my shower! I take note of these little things!
The kitchenette was equipped with a full size frig that had a wonderful ice maker in the freezer. I thought the room was clean and I am happy that it was on the 4th floor. We had no balcony and this was a bummer but we were in this room only a very short time and it was a gift, so I enjoy the enjoyable and don't look the gift horse in the mouth. The TV in the LR was a nice size ( there was a tiny TV in the bedroom of the 1BR side of the lockoff as I recall).
There was no desk in the studio which might have been a nuisance had we stayed longer cause I tend to write a lot of stuff down, can U tell?
We used the kitchenette for morning coffee and for icing down our drinks only. We brought nothing to eat with us other than snacks and booze, so it worked well for the 2 of us. Take note, though, that no breakfast is offered on the resort. The Grill doesn't open until 11AM and then it is burgers and wings.
We chanced upon a local breakfast eatery called the Port Cafe which is walkable from the Resort and we enjoyed fairly priced breakfasts there. Get the waffles with blueberry sauce. Yum.

We get called by the front desk promptly at 10AM to remind us to get out. They tell you that they will do this in the check-in material, so I feel not the least bit compromised by their diligence.
Check out goes smoothly. I get my $20.00 deposit back and a cashier's check for the $100.00, all as promised.
We are given pool "keys" so we can use the facilities after check-out which is a fair and sensible procedure, IMO.
We first travel down to the beach using the resort's trolley and find the beach perfect with a constant off shore breeze. Jelly fish warnings are heeded and I refrain from demonstrating my considerable surfing skills. The popular Jetty Park is right next to the RJCC Beach. It includes a modest boardwalk and 1,200 foot fishing pier and campgrounds. The admission is $5.00 a car somebody tells me. I make a note to get my fishing pole ready for our next vacation at Cocoa Beach.

I enjoyed our 1 night stand at the RJCC Resort. I hope to re-visit the Resort again for 2 or 3 nights either before or after I vacation in Orlando. If I do, though, I will try to reserve the 2 BR Unit that is not a lock out or the 1BR side of the lockout, avoiding the Studio. The trolley transport to the beach ran often while we were there but I would have concern for this if it had been in the summer season. You can almost tell that this place gets overrun with children once school lets out.

Speaking of children, this place ran a haunted house thing while we there that looked spectacular and had all kinds of kid stuff going on, even when we we there in late October. Obviously there big thing is the water park . All the bells and whistles of a water park are there. Slides, showers, lazy river, volleyball net, etc. Your kids will love you. For me, I enjoyed the many loungers and the pool bar with many TVs, and the live 2 person band who played for a few hours on a lazy Sunday.

Take note, though, that the RJCC has a separate building that is beach front, although not all the units face the beach. These are called beach view. This building is not being toured so I didn't get a look at anything in it but it is certainly very remote from the water park scene and would provide a measure of peace and quiet should you want that or, like us, vacation without the kids now and then and want some solitude and relaxing beach time. My guess is that all units in this building are booked well in advance or are sold as fixed weeks so average Joes like us would have very little or no chance of booking any of them.

I hope that this long narrative is helpful to all Trip Advisor Web Site regulars who might be considering a vacation to the Florida Space Coast Region. It is a big "thank you" back at ya to the many of you who post your great travel experiences and suggestions here for all to benefit from as I certainly have. Especially to our "experts"! Please feel free to PM me for additional info. Have a great Winter everybody!

• Liked — seashore access
  • Disliked — too kid friendly
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mauiman98
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 20 October 2007

We were at the nearby Ron Job Surf Shop and got "snagged" by a sales rep on our way out. He enticed us with the "Hear the pressure-free sales pitch and get a free night at our resort." We were reluctant but decided to do it.

Ambiance, atmosphere, rooms, hallways, etc... A++. Everything was super clean, staff was excellent, pool was top-notch! Our room was well equipped with everything we needed and more. The food at the in-house restaurant was really good (grouper entree A+). They don't serve breakfast! Kind of a bummer. We walked about 10 minutes towards the A1A and found a small local diner which served an excellent plate of biscuits & gravy.

The "Tour" which is a euphemism for high-pressure sales pitch, was nice until the two snake-oil salesman tried so hard to put the squeeze on us. After 15 agonizing minutes I finally say, "Look, I'm a sales person too. I know you have one chance to close me and once I leave here the opportunity expires...I get that. But hear me clearly, there is no sale taking place today no matter how tempting the offer so quit wasting everyone's time..." And they just kept going on and on...

Aside from the the pitch, this place was excellent and I will absolutely go back.

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank toddhrog
SandyAndrews, Manager of Operations at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 October 2007
Dear Toddhrog,

We are pleased with your comments. An A++ experience is exactly what we strive to provide each guest. To score us 5 out of 5 in every category including room, service, pool, cleanliness and especially value…is simply outstanding and greatly appreciated. Our sales representatives are licensed professionals with the state of Florida. Our sales staff is trained to respond to each of our guests in an appropriate manner and in this case it appears as though the sales person was overly enthusiastic and did not appropriately respond to your request. We shall use your comments during our next training exercise to appropriately respond to similar situations in the future.

Thank you for your comments.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 October 2007

Hated the room. Studio room I believe with king bed, sofa bed, microwave, sink, small fridge, large bathroom. Some dishes but no table to eat at. Very dark, only outside window was block-glass out to the hallway. Very crampted, I kept wanting to fold up the bed by the door. My 2 kids could not sleep on the sofa bed as it dipped in the middle. One slept on the sofa cushions on the already crampted floor.

The pool area was nice, but kids more interested in the beach. Nice shuttle to/from beach, thank you. Pool towels were hidden in the closet; none available at pool. Desk clerk forgot to give us pool bands.

Not worth the money unless you've never been to a water park and like a dark & dingy room; suggest a stay at the Carlson Country Inn up the road instead.

• Liked — Water park pool area
  • Disliked — Dark, dingy, crampted, outdated room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank marcene
SandyAndrews, Manager of Operations at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2007
Dear Macene,

Thank you for your feedback. The studio rooms are being re-designed to allow for more comfort. We feel this work will be complete by the end of March 2008. All sleeper sofa's are to be replaced during the first week of December. I'm glad your family enjoyed both the waterpark and the beach. It is nice to have both at one resort. We hope that you will return for another visit.

Safe Travels,
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 October 2007

The Ron Jon is only for those who don't have high end taste in properties. It is an older resort that has been brought up to date and a new label put on, and you can see it with the quality of the concrete and things such as the tennis courts. The game room smelled like a bowling alley, and it just doesn't compare with your higher end properties...seems dated already. My kids even felt it and they thought it was overall cheesy.

The area around it is very industrial, port, and you really can't walk to anything. Scappy trailer parks, etc. Beware of Cocoa Beach for the kids cuz strip joints still jot the "strip" and not that much to do.

The Ron Jon connection is confusing cuz you can't even use your hotel card to charge in the gift shop. And here's one sign of the staff quality. We were on the elevator with one of the staff members...At Disney, they would let the guests out first...but no, he didn't acknolwedge this protocol. Just edgy staff for sure, not top notch. Beach is nice...we got to see a manatee, but you can find other beaches in Florida that are much nicer. I'd say, stay at Disney, then make a day trip to the public beach right next to the Ron Jon. The main resort isn't even close to the beach, so you won't be missing much. And the building that is on the beach doesn't have the amenities like a good pool, so lots of trade offs.

Skate boarders on the tennis courts, and they are annoyed that you are playing tennis.

• Liked — Beach
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank CheeseheadwithTaste
Dear Cheeseheadwithtaste,

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are securing bids to address the chipped paint on the tennis court.

Safe Travels,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!