Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$145
  • Pool
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$138
US$138
US$132
US$178
US$127
US$109
No availability for your dates from our partners
Royal Mansions Resort(Cape Canaveral)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,180 results
All reviewslazy rivermovie theatermain buildingron jontime sharewater parkindoor play areamini golfbedroom villaocean frontpool staffocean buildingtimeshare presentationsales pitchorange laketimeshare tourcocoa beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I came to this hotel for one reason only - I was on vacation in Florida and wanted to see a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral. I emailed in advance and requested a room over-looking the range. The reservations team couldn't have been more accommodating, I had a room on the top floor and right outside was a balcony directly over-looking the launchpad - which was 8 miles away but trust me, that's almost as close as you'll get. It's great if you're visiting the Kennedy Space Center too, and is right next to the Cruise Terminal.

The room was stunning, the staff are fantastic, the grounds are nice 4 out of 5 for those. Three things jumped out at me though. Firstly rules, rules, rules. I was issued with a huge welcome pack full of rules. I had to sign I say I'd comply with the rules, a huge carbonated sheet of small print. There are rules on the walls, rules in the parking lot, rules in the rooms. They really stood out. Secondly, the restaurant/bar just felt odd. Rough decor, menu and the staff were a bit laid back. Thirdly, the check-out time of 10am. I have never come across a hotel with a 10am check-out time. It's too early. I figured why it's 10am - this is a time share resort. They want everybody clear by 10am so they can start showing round prospective purchasers from 11am with no suit-cases and guests hanging about.

Did I enjoy the stay? It was OK and I was really pleased with the room set aside for me. Would I stay again? Hmmm... That's tricky, if it wasn't for the good view of Cape Canaveral, probably not. I'm giving it 4 out of 5 for the great rooms, good staff and the trouble they went to for me getting a good room with a view!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We only stayed one night as we needed an overnight place to stay near Port Canveral and a Cruise ship. The overall look and feel of the resort is very pleasing. Its clean and has a great staff. We stayed in the Main Building in a Studio room and were very happy. The room was equipped with a kitchen, large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and walk in shower. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and the front living area was spacious and comfortable. The price was a little high, but when you have everything you need within walking distance it was worth it. I would stay here again and most definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adjourney
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our family including 4 young children stayed at this resort Feb 12-17 of this year. Overall this resort offers good value, but compared to other properties (time share) they do fall short in a few areas. First, the pool area, when operational is good, but they do not heat the water. We had stayed at at Marriott resort in Orlando and during the cool Feb weather (40-50 overnight) they had the kids area heated to 85 degrees. The water in all areas of this resort was cold, and because of that, alot of people did not use the pool area. They also had functionality issues with the pool area for the first day and a half we were there so we lost out on using during this time. Their hours of operation are also perplexing. Other resorts have their facilities open until 11pm or 12am. This resort, their kids splash area closes at 5pm!!! Why? The main pool 10pm? Why so early? Also, all of the activities at this resort are during the day, there's nothing to do in the evening especially with the pool area closing so early.

They do have a fantastic kids play area, the largest I've seen at a resort, our 4 young ones absolutely loved it. But again, it was closed by 9pm, why so early?

We used the basketball and tennis courts, lighting was ok at night but there were a few lights burned out so it made it hard to follow the ball under the lights.

The beach was fantastic, a short 7 minute walk to one heck of a nice sandy beach. We ran into 3 sharks on our final day, the kids liked seeing them up close (maybe a bit too close :)

We had a 2 bedroom villa, it was very spacious. Some drawbacks, the balcony was not screened in like other resorts so birds and other bugs have easy access. The king size bedroom was nice with a jet tub and shower, our inlaws used this, our 4 kids used the 2 double bed room, which was actually very uncomfortable, the beds were not comfy at all. Every day I woke up sore and stiff. At the very least, they should have queen beds.

We utilized the kitchen to cook a few meals. It was not as well stocked with supplies (general cooking materials) as other properties we have stayed at, which was very disappointing.

The towel service was annoying, your rooms are not cleaned (which they really should be for the price you pay) and you have to lug your towels across the hotel to get new ones. Again, only open until 7pm, so if you swim till 8 or 9pm and want new towels for the next day, no luck.

Their onsite restaurant was fantastic, very good food.

Checkout is a bit of a joke. 4pm check-in and a 10am checkout, they threaten you with charging you extra for every 15 minutes over 10am you stay. Again we stay 50+ nights a year in hotels, never once have I had a property operate in this fashion.

I think overall there are more pluses than minuses but I certainly would not purchase a timeshare at this property as it does fall short in too many areas.

3  Thank rgrs7
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Ron Jon resort for one night on February 13. We were originally booked to stay four nights but decided to go for a cruise on three of the nights (it was close to the same price). When I first booked the room the rate was around $200 a night but I double checked the rate one week before and it was lowered to $100/night - I called and they made the adjustment without any hassle. The room was nice but the water from the taps smelled and tasted horrible. It looked like they had a lot to do at the resort but unfortunately our time was cut short so we couldn't check everything out.

2  Thank Barb J
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stopped at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort on Feb. 2nd and were completely surprised. We picked it because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor and the price was low. ($99.00 on Expedia) The staff was very friendly and helpful every time we needed something. There were a few things I was surprised about....
1) The room was very spacious, had a kitchenette and kitchen gear and settings for 6 people. Dish soap, paper towels, even wine glasses and a corkscrew. Everything was very clean, I was looking for something amiss and couldn't find anything. lol The 2 person jetted tub was also very clean.
2) They have a full list of activities for kids and families at the resort. (and it is a resort) There is a theatre that had family movies playing from 8am - 11pm I think. Meet the Robinsons, Brother Bear ect. An arcade room, a youth tv room with a bright green couch and chairs, outside activities around the pool for the kids too. It was kind of like a summer camp. There was a huge inside jungle gym that my kids (4 and 11) didn't want to get out of-multiple levels and slides.
3)The outside pool and beach area is much better than the photos show. The area is clean and well maintained. The waterslide had a lifeguard keeping an eye on things.

We were unhappy that we didn't get a chance to see The Kennedy Space Center so we will definitely be back for 2 or 3 nights to enjoy the resort while we explore the area.

2  Thank SeattleLuv2travel