The Residence Inn Cape Canaveral was a great option for our pre-cruise stay (Disney Dream Oct 2012). Check in was a breeze and for some reason I got a 2 BR suite (for the same price) when I only booked a 1 BR suite online. The room was well appointed with a 'den' area (with a sleeper sofa) and two separate bedrooms. Beds were plush and very comfortable, even the sleeper sofa.
The lobby was very nice and bright with a mock astronaut and a 'waterfall' which excited my 3 yr old son to no end.
The rate we chose included free parking for the length of our cruise AND four free round-trip vouchers for the shuttle to the cruise terminal. (When I booked, they told me the rate only included 2 vouchers and I would have to buy 2 more for the rest of my party, so imagine my surprise when I got 4 vouchers! This may have been because I am a Marriott Rewards member but I'm not sure).
The free breakfast buffet was also great. Lots of options to eat; fresh fruit, oatmeal, fresh waffles, cereal, coffee, tea, etc.
There's a nice lounge area behind the breakfast area with a lighted fire pit at night. You can also sit outside in the AM for breakfast (I recommend this since the inside seating gets crowded at breakfast time).
This hotel was also cheaper by $10-15 a night than the Country Inn & Suites next door.
We didn't try the pool but the website says it's a "heated mineral pool" which would have been nice during the cooler weather. Had we arrived earlier we would have had time for the pool (but I made the mistake of taking the "turnpike" from I-75 and 8 toll stops later and $11 poorer, I learned my lesson).
There were 3 HDTV's in our suite as well with HD programming. Nice touch.
Free wireless internet was also great. I speed-tested it on my iPod, and I got 20MB download and upload speeds.
Residence Inn knocked it out of the park - again. Basically, I won't stay anywhere else on trips, because I know the excellent level of service I get when I stay there. Great chain and this was another great hotel in the chain that gave us a great pre-cruise overnight option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral is your home away from home. Residence Inn is the closest all suite hotel to Kennedy Space Center and one of the closest hotels to Port Canaveral. Our Key West style hotel offers a wide variety of amenities that cater to the leisure and business guest. Guests can visit our many local attractions, including world famous Cocoa Beach, the Brevard Zoo, KSC Visitors Center & shopping at Cocoa Village. Port Canaveral is less than 1 mile away. NASA, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin are a few of the companies that are located a few miles from our front door. All of our guest can enjoy spacious suites that are 50% larger than traditional hotel rooms. All suites include separate living, eating and sleeping areas. Our daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day. Our evening social experience featuring hors d'ouerves, beer and wine, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays with exception of major holidays.This is a great way to unwind after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach Florida