“Pre-Cruise Stay Oct 2012”

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The Residence Inn Cape Canaveral was a great option for our pre-cruise stay (Disney Dream Oct 2012). Check in was a breeze and for some reason I got a 2 BR suite (for the same price) when I only booked a 1 BR suite online. The room was well appointed with a 'den' area (with a sleeper sofa) and two separate bedrooms. Beds were plush and very comfortable, even the sleeper sofa.

The lobby was very nice and bright with a mock astronaut and a 'waterfall' which excited my 3 yr old son to no end.

The rate we chose included free parking for the length of our cruise AND four free round-trip vouchers for the shuttle to the cruise terminal. (When I booked, they told me the rate only included 2 vouchers and I would have to buy 2 more for the rest of my party, so imagine my surprise when I got 4 vouchers! This may have been because I am a Marriott Rewards member but I'm not sure).

The free breakfast buffet was also great. Lots of options to eat; fresh fruit, oatmeal, fresh waffles, cereal, coffee, tea, etc.

There's a nice lounge area behind the breakfast area with a lighted fire pit at night. You can also sit outside in the AM for breakfast (I recommend this since the inside seating gets crowded at breakfast time).

This hotel was also cheaper by $10-15 a night than the Country Inn & Suites next door.

We didn't try the pool but the website says it's a "heated mineral pool" which would have been nice during the cooler weather. Had we arrived earlier we would have had time for the pool (but I made the mistake of taking the "turnpike" from I-75 and 8 toll stops later and $11 poorer, I learned my lesson).

There were 3 HDTV's in our suite as well with HD programming. Nice touch.

Free wireless internet was also great. I speed-tested it on my iPod, and I got 20MB download and upload speeds.

Residence Inn knocked it out of the park - again. Basically, I won't stay anywhere else on trips, because I know the excellent level of service I get when I stay there. Great chain and this was another great hotel in the chain that gave us a great pre-cruise overnight option.

Room Tip: Try the first floor if you can, towards the back (where you'll have to leave your car during a c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We just checked into this hotel prior to our cruise on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. We are very impressed with the facilities so far. The room is very clean and well appointed. It is very close to the cruise ship terminal and has quite a few amenities, such as a breakfast buffet and a lounge area for guests. There is an outdoor fire pit that is lit nightly and poolside bar as well.

The front desk staff was very helpful in arranging shuttle transportation to the port tomorrow and taxi service to our restaurant for this evening.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamye
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed at the Resident Inn in Cape Canaveral prior to my cruise. This hotel is very nice and clean. When I checked in, they confirmed my arrangements for a shuttle to the pier, and gave me precise directions to the elevators and my room. They also gave me the hours of the bar and the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The room was very clean and stocked with coffee. There was a large screen TV between the living area and sleeping area, but I found the sofa a bit uncomfortable, so I just pivoted the TV around and sat on the bed to watch. While I did not go to the bar, I did have breakfast at the hotel, and it was great! There was a wide selection, including yogurt, fruit, bakery items, eggs, etc. There were a lot of people around, but there was plenty of room to sit and relax with breakfast. I had to wait about an hour for my shuttle, and the staff was quick to point me out to the shuttle when they arrived as I was reading, but keeping my eyes open. They go the extra mile to make every detail of my stay very smooth. This is definitely a hotel that caters to someone cruising as the port is only a short 10-minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NHkmd
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My dad booked us a room at this hotel when we went on a cruise. They offer parking and shuttle service to the cruise terminal. The staff was great, room very large With kitchen and sitting area, and the bed was comfortable. This would be a great hotel for a couple of day visit to the area.
The only bad thing was that it was not on the beach, but it was just right down from the hotel. Also great breakfast bar.

Room Tip: Book rooms in the front with the balcony,
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chattanooga_TNAbbyb
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed for two nights prior to a cruise on Monarch of the Seas. The reception was very friendly and helpful. Our room was a two king bed suite. There was a full fitchen with stove, microwave & dishwasher. Plenty of utensils and crockery and a dining area. Each room had an en suite. Iron and ironing table in both rooms were convenient.

The breakfast area was pleasant and with a good choice of items. An outside porch with rocking chairs was a nice place to sit. There was a big fire pit - not particularly attractive when temperatures were so high but would be nice on cooler evenings. There was a bar area just outside the pool compound. Pool was ok too. A nice place to relax.

In the near vicinity there's a Publix which will help with stocking the fridge and a range of fast food - including a Burger King on site. The beach isn't far away with the pier a good place to go. The beaches are ok but nothing exceptional. There's also a manatee sanctuary close by although we failed to see any.

We mainly chose the hotel for the proximity to the port and the availability of a shuttle. We'd also done so for the convenience of dropping off our one-way hire car at Hertz. To the hotel's credit ten pointed out the Hertz operate a regular and free.shuttle on day's when ships dock. All the same, we asked the hotel to lay on the shuttle.

On departure day we were able to drop off the hire car and have a lazy morning before being collected by the shuttle and dropped off at the ship in plenty of time to embark.

Overall a great choice if you need a pre-cruise hotel at cape canaveral.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank adrianhobson
Reviewed 17 September 2012

It may not be on the beach but if you go as a family or with a bunch of friends, it is so nice having an apartment like hotel. Full kitchen, big screen tv in the living area, very comfortablely clean beds. I always love the Marriott for that. It is half way between Cape Canaveral and Cocoa. You can easily take a name your price taxi to either place or drive. They have free parking and if your taking a cruise they let you park there if you stay. Not sure if they charge but if they do, it is a heck of alot cheaper than the cruise lot and they shuttle you over for free.

Room Tip: back side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsBeasly22
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is a very clean and cute hotel. We stayed for two nights with our 2 kids and dog. The room was updated, very clean and comfortable. There is a nice basketball court and the pool is great. They even have a bar that you can order drinks at and take to the pool! The free breakfast was nice and our kids loved making their own waffles. We had pizza delivered to the hotel one night and went out for BBQ the next. We will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!