“Best in Fl.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Canaveral
Jetty Park Campground
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We have been camping at Jetty since 1977. We have watched the rock jetty built, and all the sand pumped in. The managers have been super with the present one the greatest. always look forward to the next visit.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SparkplugClaytonIn

Reviewed 8 July 2011

had a good 3 day weekend at spring break. we tent camped and had 2 good days and nights, but third night had large group of student age set up next to us, which resulted in fireworks, wrestling, loud yelling up past midnight. Now I am not a prude, and have caused more trouble myself when young, so I don't blame the campers. Thats what you do when young and carefree. I blame the campground for not having night time personal to enforce their rules. The fireworks are a saftey and property damage issue. I would not go back with a family due to this lack of oversight. No wonder when we where there , one bath house was closed due to vandalism. Duh, give kids free reign at night and your lucky thats all the damage.

Better night time security is a must for this campground.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank ekepono
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This was our second trip to Jetty Park Campground in 10 years. The location is great: beautiful beach, clean grounds and sites, easy access in and out. We had a site in the open and away from trees with a full hookup. There were absolutely no bugs around. We were very comfortable there and had only one major problem. The 3 sets of campers that came in on the Easter weekend were VERY noisy into the wee hours of the morning. Loud music and talking and screaming kids!! The police even showed up at about 2 in the morning and hauled some people away. The beach was not crowded until Easter weekend, then it was packed, but still great shallow swimming and very warm water. We biked to Cocoa Beach via the beach a couple of times. Took a while, but it wasn't too far.
Great places for food and entertainment very close by.
Overall, it's a decent place to stay with a great beach. the campground police really need to keep a handle of the rowdy, noisy campers.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank truckboss
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I got here and was soooo excited to be able to stay 10 days and get some well needed rest!@ Beach was beautiful and pier was also...I did not see a fish caught by anyone while I was there however. The girls in the office,while efficient were not personable at all...It truly made me uncomfortable to have to go in there for anything! I stayed at site 76,,beautiful shade trees everywhere...gorgeous....and then I realized that looks are disceiving!There were these small flying bugs that seemed to love canvas and dark areas of any kind. They swarmed in and were in ALL in my things!!!If you opened the camper just to walk inside at least 100 would follow you in!!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE!But thats not all...catterpillars falling continually from trees on YOU! Its been 2 days since I've been back and I am still killing these bugs and trying to clean them out of my things!Oh and I didn't mention love bugs also especially on the beach..It was crazy! I have camped and never were there even remotely as many bugs...wrong time of year? Not from another camper I talked to...love bugs maybe but the other bugs...a fixture! I doubt I will go back and if I do I will have a site with NOT A TREE NEAR IT!

Room Tip: get a site with no trees
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
13  Thank sweetshe01
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We travel light, and only need a spot to tent, without electricity or water at the spot. The spot we got was beautiful and private, but pricey at 35 dollars per night. Much cheaper than the hotels that were all hiking their rates before the Discovery shuttle launch though, and as such, our best option. However, the lack of facilities to wash your dishes is quite appalling! I complained about it, and the personnel agreed. As for the rest, it's an excellent camping at an amazing location, and with a wonderful beach. Wifi available at the bait shop/restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Lunicrax
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stayed in a 30 ft. camper for 6 weeks, all of January and until Feb. 12. The proximity to the beach was great. The city of Cocoa Beach offered many good places to eat and shop. The campground needed some TLC. No cable or wifi. Roads were rought and lots of holes that were ignored making travel bumpy at best. Shabiness of the grounds themselves were an eyesore. Grass not mowed under picnic tables, burnt wood stacked up around grills and not removed. Out of 6 showers in one building only 2 worked and they were never even looked at over the six weeks we were there. Talked to many campers who had returned to Jetty and were greatly disappointed in the overall maintenance. The office staff were short, curt, and downright rude at times, not wanting to give out change for the washer/dryers or the newspapers even though the money was coming back to them. Loved the beach, it is clean and really nice, loved the cruise ships coming and going, especially the new Disney Dream.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jlschaeffer
Reviewed 27 January 2011

We stayed here for a month in Dec 2010 in a 38 ft 5th wheel trailer. It was our second visit back and the reason we returned is the location. It's only an hour drive to all the Orlando attractions or walk 5 minutes to a GREAT sandy beach or the fishing pier/jetty. If you want to catch sheepshead (great tasting fish) this is the place to go. We fished just about every other day and caught quite a few. Saw quite a few blue fish being caught as well. Got to know some of the locals who fish there regularly & they shared some great fishing tips & stories!

Since this is a cruise ship port, you also get to watch the big ships coming and going, right from the campground, beach or jetty. Those things are huge!

The campground itself is decent. We were on an improved site which mean it had hydro, water and sewer hookup. Cost was close to $40/night, more for Xmas and New Years Eve. We were in the section furthest from the beach but that was OK because the sites were in full sun which was fine by us because it was a chilly December. The comfort station in that end, wasn't in the greatest shape. Only 2 of the 3 showers in the women's side were working and the sink counter was broken. The men's side was closed the entire time we were there due to damage. We used the other bathroom, closer to the beach since it was in much better condition, newer and fully functional. Both bathrooms were cleaned daily. There was lots of hot water for showers most of the time we were there, except the week between Xmas and New years. The park almost filled up and their water heaters couldn't keep up with the demand. Might not have been an issue if both bathrooms were fully functional...not sure why they weren't fixing them right away??

Staff who worked there were very helpful, had an issue with one of the clothes dryers not working properly one day and was promptly refunded my money. Repair men were in fixing it later that day.

The roads in the campground had quite a few big potholes in them but we did see maintenance fill in a few while we were there so maybe that's their next project. They also replaced the ratty looking fence around their maintenance yard with a new aluminum one, looked much better.

This place was a much better value when it was part of Passport America which meant you could stay there for 21 days at half price (there were date restrictions) which we took advantage of last year in December. They dropped out of it in Nov 2010....not sure why because it wasn't busy there until after Xmas.

One thing they could do to really add value is provide WIFI to campers.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral

Been to Jetty Park Campground? Share your experiences!