This was our 2nd trip to the Jetty campground. We were told we could bring our pet, as long as we had his shot records with his weight listed on it. When we arrived there were "No pets allowed" signs on everything. We were charged $2.00 extra per night for our 7lb. dog, who by the way, could not leave the campsite. On the "rule sheet" it said the pets have to stay on the campsite at all times. We could not even have a camp fire. The gravel road around our camping area had huge pot holes. The laundry facilities are expensive and the dryers melted two of my kids fleece garments, while set on low. The bath houses had no hot water on our last 2 days(jan 2&3,07) We paid $36.00 per night for this campsite which had water and electric. No sewer, not even CABLE!! I like the area the views are great. I love watching the ships go by. The campground needs to add a play area of their own for children. The other play ground is part of the public park. It was packed on new years day. There were large groups of people and my kids couldn't play on anything. The pier and the public beach are very nice. We love the people and the area, but, the Jetty needs an upgrade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jetty Park Campground is an oasis by the ocean where guests come to share in a one of a kind experience. Because of the campgrounds unique location nestled along the Atlantic Ocean and inside beautiful Port Canaveral it is not uncommon to see one or all of the following: *Cruise ships *Submarines *Rocket Launches from Kennedy Space Center *Marine and Wildlife The park offers guests a variety of camping options from tent camping in a rustic site to relaxing in your RV with all the amenities included. So, with all the reasons to stay at Jetty Park, come and camp with us! We look forward to your visit. See you soon! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Jetty Park Campground Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Jetty Park Cape Canaveral
- Jetty Park Campground Cape Canaveral, Florida