“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Williamston, SC
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very nice hotel with an excellent staff. Shuttle ride to the port was quick and professional. Duane, the driver, was very entertaining and helpful. Pick up after the cruise was also quick. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Hello Paul T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had an excellent experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful staff recognition, comments, and high recommendation. I'm delighted to hear that you will be staying again - we are honored!

Sean Esposito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The cruise stay and park was an amazing deal for me since I get the government rate. The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff at check-in and out was great and friendly. The shuttle driver's were also very nice and entertaining. There was a maintenance issue with my bathroom, but was no maintenance person working that evening, so I had to take care of it myself, and the room was set-up a little goofy. The bathroom door interfered with the bedroom door. You would think they would have figured that out. Other than that it was a great stay and a fantastic and convenient location!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the maintenance issue you experienced. We typically have a maintenance on staff and I apologize that this was not the case during your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that this did not keep you from having a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for the comments about our great value, friendly staff, and convenient location. I'm honored that you stayed with us and look forward to your next visit.

Leeds, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here before we left on a cruise ship the next day. Room was great, we got the family suite (on the 2nd Floor) which had bunkbeds for the kids. Have a large pool..... Breakfast was also good and the staff were very friendly. We left our car there and took the shuttle over. Duane did a great job on our shuttle over to the ship. We were afraid we were going to have to get a cab back to our car but Duane was there when we got off the ship. He works for tips and a small salary from the motel. It was easy....we will stay again when we cruise out of Cape Carnival.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd Floor at the end.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda T
Hello Linda T,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I'm proud to hear that our staff continues to make lasting impressions! I'm honored that you will be staying with us again and look forward to your return.

Candler, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The cruise stay and park package is an excellent deal! Everything is included (room, parking, breakfast) and is much cheaper than paying for it all separately. The hotel is nice and the pool area is awesome. The shuttle to your cruise is also a great addition and the driver we had was fun and knowledgeable! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin V
Hello Kevin V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I'm thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for the comments and high recommendation. I'm honored you will continue to stay with us when you visit Cape Canaveral.

We hope to see you and your family soon!

Lancashire
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stopped off at this hotel as we were visiting the Kennedy Space Centre the following day.

Upon arriving the car park was heaving! We later found out that they let out parking spaces for boat owners. It would’ve been nice if they allocated a certain amount for guests i.e. 1 space per room. Luckily we found a space round the side of the hotel.

We entered the reception area to find a couple being served who had a booking issue. The receptionist was working really hard to help them out & told them to take a seat & have some free tea/coffee whilst she spoke to her manager.

By then we’d been waiting for a good 5 minutes & after the manager helped the receptionist she came over to us & asked if we had a reservation. We told her we didn’t but were looking for a room for the night. “Just one night?!” she said. We replied “Yes, one night” & she started typing away. After a minute she said “I’m afraid I don’t know how to check guests in, Brenda will be with you in a moment”.
We were quite shocked that a manager of a hotel did not know how to check in a guest! Why have two check-in desks if only one staff member can use them?

As we waited other guests arrived who had tried to check in previously. They were again told to wait regarding issues they had. The manager kindly offered them complimentary food & drinks; however they seemed restless & just wanted to retire to the rooms they had booked.
The whole setup was so disorganised. It was only Brenda who appeared to know what she was doing. I hope her payslip reflects the hard work she does on a daily basis.

After 5 minutes Brenda came to serve us. She quickly checked us in took a cash security deposit which if I remember rightly was $200! All our other hotels were $25 so we were a bit hesitant in handing it over. Brenda reassured us that once our room was checked in the morning we would receive it back…but we didn’t feel very welcome because of it.
We were given two receipts for our stay, another piece of paper with hotel information on, a slip for breakfast (which we had to present on our table or we couldn’t eat! :/), and a car park slip to leave on the dashboard. This was really wasteful. Surely they could print out a list for breakfast & tick off guests when they arrived. No-one checked our slip at breakfast anyway. The hotel information could’ve also been provided in a folder in the room, like most hotels do.

We went up to our room (258). It had a king size bed and was clean, with nice décor & a nice sized bathroom. The room had a microwave, fridge & coffee machine. Wifi was free as well. The air conditioning dial on the wall didn’t work, but the room temperature was ok & we could open our window.
When I went to use the coffee machine I went to plug it in at the socket near the fridge & it sparked as I plugged it in. Scared, I quickly remove it & used another. This was mentioned on our comments card before we left.

We nipped out to get a takeaway to eat (about a 10 minute drive to town) & saw Brenda with a try of freshly baked cookies in her hand. These are for the guests along with sweets & 24/7 tea/coffee. I took a cookie for both of us & made a joke that she doesn’t stop as we always saw her working so hard. I didn’t get a response, just a blank stare. It was like she’d never been paid a compliment before. :/
On our return to the hotel we found it really handy that we could access the hotel using our key card through a side access door.

We had a lovely night’s sleep that night & the location meant it was nice & quiet.

In the morning we stopped by reception to ask if someone could check our room whilst we were having breakfast as we had to leave straight after & we wanted to pick up our deposit & set off. The receptionist on duty, not Brenda, seemed clueless & baffled as to why we were asking for it to be checked! I explained about the deposit & she tried to get hold of the maintenance man. Unfortunately, he wasn’t available so we were asked to return to reception after our breakfast.

Upon entering the breakfast area we were greeted by a lady called Paige. She was really friendly & attentive, although we were slightly uncomfortable with her clearing our table once we had finished using a bowl, glass etc. It felt like we had a slave! Back home we dispose of our own waste & with the nature of America using disposable crockery we tended to use a bowl a few times i.e. fruit, cereal, porridge. Personally I could see Paige working on Reception with Brenda as she clearly had the customer service skills & manners to welcome customers & resolve issues they had. She asked us about why were in the area & what plans we had – even where we were from! When we checked in & out neither Brenda nor the manager asked us any questions about us!
The breakfast itself was ok. We had better on our trip round Florida. The meat they had was heavily processed & made my boyfriend feel queasy…..& he’ll pretty much eat anything & everything!

Afterwards we returned to Reception as requested & after another phone call were told to wait in our room & the maintenance man would come up.
My boyfriend decided to start loading the car up for setting off & I waited in the room. The man who arrived was really nice! He quickly scanned the room, smiled & said “It looks like you’ve not touched anything!” I told him we only stayed one night, so it wasn’t worth unpacking or moving anything. : )

We returned to Reception to check out & received our deposit of $200 back. I can’t remember being asked if we enjoyed our stay.

Overall, it appears that this hotel lacks character mainly due to the personalities of certain staff members. The security deposit is stupidly high & it feels like we had to follow ‘rules’ even though we were on holiday! i.e. display your slip here, get your room checked. The disorganisation of the manager not being able to check us in really shocked us as well. Unfortunately, if we ever stopped at Cape Canaveral again we wouldn’t stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for your check-in experience; it sounds like an employee from our housekeeping department was trying to assist another guest at the Front Desk during your check-in. I'm not quite sure which employee was helping you at the desk, but rest assured that all our managers are highly trained and knowledgeable about our computer system.

I am sorry for the dissatisfaction of your overall stay. I hope you will give us a chance in the future to exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,

Fayetteville
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here two nights before leaving for our cruise for a week last week in June. We booked through Country Inn Suites website and used military discount. Our rate was great. Since we had blocked multiple rooms for our up coming wedding we were able to get parking and shuttle service included. The rate otherwise if reasonable.
Our room as clean and quiet. The pool was a nice size and not crowded at all. The staff was friendly and helpful. The drive via the shuttle was roughly a mile or more. Quick trip however the trip coming back was terrible. The driver OVER packed people in the shuttle. People were standing in the isle and two others were sitting on the stairs. THANK GOODNESS it was a short trip back to the hotel but It was not a good ending to our great trip. All and all the hotel was a great stay minus the shuttle ride back to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank trvlingurl
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with you trip back to the hotel. Sometimes guests do ask to stand if they do not want to wait a few more minutes for our other shuttle to arrive. We try to accommodate all of our guests’ requests and I apologize that the shuttle was crowded. I'm thrilled to hear that your return trip did not keep you from having a wonderful experience. Thank you for your comments regarding our high cleanliness standards, pool, friendly staff, and quiet location. I'm honored that you chose to stay with us and look forward to your return trip!

Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great place to stay!. Very clean rooms and the mattress seemed like new. The hotel is convenient and easy to find! Great value for your dollar! The free breakfast & cookies were a plus! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives when they are visiting the area!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the timw to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for the great comments about our high cleanliness standards, comfort, great value, and free hot breakfast. I'm honored that you will be returning and look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!