“Was awesome stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise.
Pros:
Hotel is easy to find and all staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Pool and outside tub were really wonderful, First hot tub I have been in with a waterfall.
They were very well organized when taking a shuttle to the cruise port. You register for a time and they have a large room everyone waits in and they call your name when your shuttle is being loaded.
Room has sink microwave and small refrigirator
Have a typical free breakfast, nothing special but wasn't bad either
Cons:
We had a Jacuzzi room and was not worth the extra money and advise against it. the jets in the Jacuzzi were very weak and kept cycling on and off.
Have 2 elevators and one was out of service. If you were on the 3rd floor you could not go down, You had to go up to 4th floor in order to go down.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry R
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Terry R,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, Florida! I appreciate your taking the time to share the details of your stay with us.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our heated pool as well as shuttle to Port Canaveral for your cruise. Thank you for your kind compliments to our staff! I have passed these on to our team and they are honored at the recognition. We strive to go above and beyond for each and every guest and it is exciting to hear when this is accomplished!

Thank you for bringing the concerns regarding the Whirlpool Suite to our attention. I will address these with our Chief Engineer to assure nothing is malfunctioning with the safety device built into the guest room hot tub. By law, the jets are required to automatically shut off after a period of time, for a period of time, to avoid endangering the safety of those in the tub. I apologize if this device caused any inconvenience and as I said, we will research this issue to make certain there is not a deeper problem there.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that maintenance was being done on the elevator during your stay. This concern has been resolved and I assure you everything in our power is being done so that it does not occur again in future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are so pleased that your overall experience was a wonderful one! We hope to host you again in future!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed two nights prior to a cruise. The room was clean and comfortable, the public areas do show some wear and tear, however there is display in the lobby indicating that they will soon be refurbishing. The pool and hot tub area are in a courtyard and as such very handy to the rooms. We did not use the ship shuttle service as we had rented a car. Breakfast is definitely a challenge. I am an early riser and as such the crowd wasn't too bad. My wife and son went down about 9am and the line was out the door. There seems to be a confluence of people who are getting ready to leave on a cruise combined with some who are just getting of the ships. They decided to opt out of the breakfast. This is one of the few hotel breakfast areas that I have seen where the staff have put out a tip jar. They certainly were efficient at clearing away the disposable plates and silverware.
The best part of this hotel is its location. There are a variety of restaurants and entertainment within a short distance, accessible both on foot or by car. Mini golf, and a couple of public parks are also nearby. Shopping of all sorts is a short drive down the road with a Walmart some 15 minutes away. Given the amenities and location this is certainly a hotel that I would choose again pre-cruise.

2  Thank cooper2008

Dear cooper2008,

Thank you for your review of Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I am thrilled that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and also enjoyed our resort pool area. It is wonderful to hear that you had the opportunity to explore the nearby attractions such as the mini golf courses, shopping, and dining options.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the opportunities in the breakfast areas as far as space constraints are concerned. We are so excited to share that part of our upcoming renovation package includes extension of the breakfast area. I hope during a future visit to the area we will be able to host you and your family in this new environment!

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and value it greatly! We look forward to having you with us again in future!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Hi

My family and I of 5 stayed in a one bedroom family suite with a pull out sofa bed prior to our disney cruise the next day. I have stayed in country inn and suites before and would give it an overall 3.5. The king bed was extremely comfortable but the wallpaper needs refurbishing and there were noticeable stains in the carpet. The pull out bed was very uncomfortable but for one night it didn't quite matter. They provide a hot breakfast with an assortment of donuts, Danishes and muffins, hot oatmeal, sausage eggs toast and waffles. Line was long but when it's FREE you can wait! Overall really wanted the park and cruise option but they actually count how many guests are in your party and charge accordingly. May consider staying again for next disney trip may check out competition hotels nearby since this place does lack superiority!

Stayed: April 2014
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Nurse504,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your most recent stay with us! I am pleased to hear that your king bed was comfortable and that you enjoyed the variety of our complimentary breakfast.

I greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the need to refurbish our property and I am excited to share with you that we are already in the process of beginning a renovation! I hope that by the time of your next visit we will have the opportunity to host you in a newly-renovated hotel!

I apologize if there was any confusion regarding the Park & Cruise package. We do have varying options for cruise guests, some with parking and shuttle inclusively for every guest staying in one room and others that allow for individual shuttle cost per person. It depends on what your needs are as the guest. If you feel there was some kind of error in processing, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we will certainly resolve this for you!

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to having you with us again in future!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here one night before departing on a Disney Cruise. The room was mediocre, a bit old and worn, but clean. The coolest thing was the "kid's corner" with a TV, bunk beds, and cool borders (ours was cars). My son really liked that part! Shuttle drivers were really nice and got us to and from without any hiccups.

3  Thank Leigh H

Dear Leigh H,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciate your feedback very much.

I am pleased that you found the room clean and that your children enjoyed our Family Suites! We will soon be doing a face-lift on our guest rooms and the new themes for the Family Suites are one of the items I am most excited about. I hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again after these changes have been implemented!

Thank you for your compliments to our shuttle driving team! I have shared your comments with them and they appreciate the recognition!

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Made a reservation 8 mos in advance for a family suite. Called 2 days in advance of stay to confirm and get put on the list for the first shuttle to the port which was 11 am.
Location: I asked about liquor nearby since Disney allows this to be brought onboard. Was told Racetrak gas station adjacent to property sold alcohol. Just FYI, this is not entirely correct; they sell beer and hard lemonade type products only so if you want hard liquor or wine you have to drive for it. Racetrak does sell decent snacks and there is also a Burger King next door.
Room: We were put in a room across from the elevators which surprisingly was not loud. Room was clean, ugly parking lot view but for one night, who cares, although when you make a reservation 8 mos in advance you kind of expect better room placement. Room was a good size with table, fridge, tv by main bed and also in kids room (remote was broken though). Bathroom was fine. My main complaint is the mattresses in the kids room (bunk beds and single bed). They were mismatched, basically springs covered in cloth - I've seen better mattresses laying along the roadside. My daughter actually said "Can we not stay here again?" because of the beds.
Service: This was fantastic, front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. Paul was friendly and Landrew was great at helping us get to the port earlier than 11.
Food: Breakfast was crowded and not impressive, no fruit. I had cheerios if that gives you any idea. Poolside seating for breakfast was nice (and the only option since all seating inside was full). Coke machines $1.50.
Overall it was a decent stay but with so much hotel competition in the area (including right next door), CI&S needs to step up the furnishings to retain customers.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear KikisDeliveryService,

Thank you for reviewing our property! We appreciate your taking the time to share with us your experience.

I am so happy to hear that you received excellent guest service while with us and that our Front Desk Team were friendly, pleasant, and helpful! I have passed your compliments onto Landrew and Paul and they greatly appreciate the recognition!

I am pleased to that you found the guest room was quiet and spacious. Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the discomfort of the children's beds and the need to improve breakfast selection. I have addressed these concerns with our team and everything in our power is being done to assure they are resolved in future.

We are proud to share that we will be going through a renovation in the near future that will resolve some of the concerns you shared about the condition of the hotel. I hope that we will have the opportunity to go above and beyond for your family in future and you will be able to experience the new designs we have coming to our Family Suites!

Thank you once again for your valued feedback!

Have an excellent day,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel is dirty, dirty, dirty. Many stains on carpet, wallpaper peeling off wall in our room. The bathroom still had hairs on the floor and in the shower from the previous occupants. Not sure why this hotel received high marks in the past but my families stay was far from a great experience. The hotel need is in need of a major renovation. Also, skip the free breakfast as well, the dining area cleanliness left a lot to be desired as well.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
2  Thank Ross6421
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Ross6421,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback and consider it essential to improving our operations!

Please accept our sincerest apologies that the condition and cleanliness of the hotel during your stay was not satisfactory. We strive for clean and comfortable rooms along with excellent guest service. I have addressed these concerns with our team and assure you everything in our power is being done so that they do not occur again in future!

I hope that we will have the future opportunity to go above and beyond for you and your family! Our property will be undergoing a renovation in the coming months and I hope that we will be able to host you again once these updates are made.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we might resolve these areas of opportunity! If you have anything further you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out to me and I am at your assistance.

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I know there are some bad reviews of this place but our experience was nothing but great! Every employee was fast efficient and thorough. The park and cruise service was a well run service. Very organized and they even worked with us to get us to the boat faster. The buildings themselves are older so don't expect brand new but the facilities were clean, updated, and comfortable. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Lauri Anne W,

Thank you for your kind words about Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! I appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel!

I am thrilled that our team went above and beyond for you in service and organization and that you found our facilities clean and comfortable. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!