“Great pool and helpfull staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
LaSalle, Canada
“Great pool and helpfull staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed three days while touring the cape and Universal Studios. Very nice rooms and great pool and hot tub. Nice breakfast in the morning (free). Very helpful staff including the girl at the front desk in the mornings, (sorry can't remember her name). No restaurant on site but lots within minutes. Wifi router near our room was not working and they couldn't get it fixed but it worked fine in the lobby. Beds were firm but we prefer softer so that may be just us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Paul_Deb_465,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms, complimentary breakfast, and the pool/hot tub area!

We greatly appreciate your compliments to our staff! Virginia is the lady who works in the mornings and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to her. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team!

Please accept my apologies that you experienced some wireless internet problems in your room. I will address these concerns to our team to be resolved for future reference!

Thank you, once again, for sending us your feedback. We hope to have an opportunity very soon to host you again!

Kalyn Eastman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

So my 13 year old son and I stayed at this hotel recently, and I was very happy with the experience. The rooms were very clean. I used the King bed, and my son was very excited to discover that the couch was a hide-away bed, so we both "had our space". Very nice.

They do have a small facility for washing/drying clothes. You can get change ($1.50 each for washing and drying), and purchase (for cheap) detergent/bounce if you need it.

The staff was very friendly. I used the exercise room (rather small, but it worked for me!). Pool was also nice. Not huge, but still enjoyed it (my son did, actually).

Everything was clean and worked well in the room.

They do serve a breakfast each morning. On our first morning , we got downstairs an hour- and-a-half before breakfast ended ( he is a teenager!), and everything (hot) was empty. I immediately turned around, and my son and I opted to go searching for a local breakfast establishment (we had our car-they do NOT charge you to park, which is nice), and discovered a WONDERFUL family restaurant down the street, that was never overpacked (we made it a staple place to attend while staying in Cape Canaveral (Zachery's Family Restaurant).

I don't like huge crowds, and in my opinion, breakfast should be a stress-free experience. Now, in the hotels defense, they do give you a piece of paper when you check-in that addresses this among other items of interest. They do say very specifically, to come early to avoid the crowds.

I just like a freshly cooked breakfast, but I'm a bit of a breakfast snob. I am sure their breakfast is fine, and it's nice that they offer it.

I can confidently recommend this hotel. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Don't let them book you next to the ice makers, or the laundry facilities. :) Lots of noise th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! I am so happy to hear that you and your son had an excellent stay with us and that you found our rooms clean and comfortable.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the local restaurant, Zachary's. Please accept my apologies that you found our breakfast somewhat busy and that when you arrived the first day there were items in need of replacing. I have addressed these concerns to our Breakfast Team and please rest assured they will be rectified to the best of our ability!

Thank you so very much for your high recommendation. We look forward to hosting you and your family again very soon!

Annville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a night here before our cruise. The package included parking and a shuttle to the port.
The breakfast was good, my kids loved the waffle station.
The male receptionist was super nice, a joker :)
The location was good.
The rooms were spacious and clean but could use some updating.
The shuttle driver was awesome, cracking jokes and informative!!

Stayed August 2014
Dear jembushong,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn & Suites! We are thrilled to hear that your overall stay was an excellent one and that the breakfast and location were enjoyable!

I greatly appreciate your recognizing our Front Desk and Shuttle Teams. I am pleased that they were friendly, informative, and engaging with your family. I will be sure to pass these compliments onto our team!

I am happy to share with you that this property is currently under plans for a renovation. I hope that by your next visit to the area, you will be able to experience our hotel with these changes in place! Please accept our sincerest apologies that, while clean, the condition of the hotel guest rooms affected your recent stay.

We look forward to an opportunity to host you again very soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Not our first time staying here. The hotel was nice, kinda expensive for the quality. The pick up shuttle at the cruise terminal was very slow. Both times we waited an hour. In FL that's an hour in the scorching heat.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie L
Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We greatly appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased that you found the hotel nice and that you've visited us in the past as well!

Please accept my apologies regarding your wait time for cruise terminal pick-up. I have addressed these concerns with our shuttle team. Please rest assured everything is being done in our power to assure this issue is rectified in future. We have recently purchased an additional shuttle bus and are currently transitioning to add another shuttle driver to our route. We hope that upon your return to the area you will be able to experience a new system here at the hotel!

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to host you again very soon!

St. Louis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were sailing with Disney and needed a room for the night. It was fine for that. The breakfast was a big benefit. We took advantage of the stay and cruise package and left our car at the hotel and took the hotel shuttle to port. I would highly recommend this.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Dear Desmond,

Thank you for taking the time to send our hotel a review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed using our Park & Cruise package as well as the complimentary full hot breakfast.

We greatly appreciate your high recommendation and look forward to hosting you and your family again the next time you are in our area.

Lexington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is a little overpriced for the condition of the rooms. The bathroom and some of the room items (lamps/shades) are outdated and don't always work. The hotel employees are polite. The breakfast was a nice experience and the shuttle to the cruise ship and back was great. The location is close to the cruise terminals. I rate this a 6 out of 10 overall.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

1 Thank Robert W
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We value your feedback and appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am happy to hear that our staff were polite and that your experience at our complimentary breakfast was enjoyable! I will also be certain to pass on to our team that you had a wonderful experience with our Park & Cruise package to/from the Port Canaveral cruise ships.

Please accept my apologies that you found the condition of the hotel needing improvement. I am happy to share that this property already has plans for renovation. I hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again once these changes have been made!

Gatineau,Québec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a very busy hotel !! I suppose people don't stay more than 1 night. They're all headed to the ships.
Rooms were clean.
Outside pool is large enough and there's a jacuzzi too. Great for kids and adults !
Concierge staff was polite and professional but they're VERY busy !! Sometimes there was a long waiting queue at the reception.
There's a washer/dryer :$2 each/load, Tide = $3 for a small box.
Parking : $44/week if you want to leave your car here.
Shuttle : $8/pp + tip
Breakfast was Ok but you've to be lucky to get a table.
Some litter in common areas. Staff can't keep with the speed of people.

2 Thank mutrax
Dear Mutrax,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms clean and comfortable!

I appreciate your compliments to our staff. I am so pleased that each of our team members was polite and professional. I have addressed your concerns with the need to have more people on staff to accommodate for the busy times with our Front Office Manager. Thank you for sharing this concerns and please rest assured we have taken note of this and will rectify in the future!

Please accept my apologies that you found some of the common areas to be cluttered with debris. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and she will resolve this concern with her team.

We look forward to hosting you and your family again very soon! Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!