“Average To Me: I desired a little more”

Radisson Resort at the Port
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
NC
“Average To Me: I desired a little more”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This Radisson Resort at the Port (Port Canaveral) left me with something/s to be desired..But did provide a roof over my family's head prior to our cruise.

Pros:

- Good Location: places to eat, shop, Express mini-mart/gas all nearby.(many places in walking distance)
- Check in/out went well
-Shuttle service to/from port
-Parking about $40 for the week.
- Pool with waterfall and Tiki Bar
- Free Wi-Fi offered (I used 4G)
-FYI: Paid $120 (Expedia)

**No complaints about customer service, they all did a good job-Thank you.
*Probably more amenities offered that I did not take advantaged of.

Cons:
-The room needed updating. (maybe update carpet, paint/wallpaper/furniture, update to flat screen tv

-Cabinetry available for refrigerator and microwave with electrical outlet, BUT those two items were not in the room. (It was obviously available one time in that room. You may want to rip it out if you are not going to use the cabinetry/space).

-one of the "Number Beds" did not work. (maybe I should have notified them to give them a chance to remedy the issue, but I didn't-I did have a roof over my head :-) ).

-the bed/mattress was adequate, but pillows were not firm enough for me. ie. very flimsy like a towel

*I did no due diligence prior to my reservation. This Radisson was recommend by a friend. There are more + than -, but I did expect a little more from a Radisson.
*I did look at Radisson Resort at the Port webpage following my stay. The pictures and description are accurate. (pictures are most likely their most upgraded room, my room was not upgraded.)

**I will look for alternatives, but this Radisson Resort At The Port may be the best choice/value. (many good reviews overall, just giving others some info on what I thought)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The room was clean and had a big bathroom. We had a king size bed, ceiling fan, and easy to set and control central type heating and cooling system. Great pool and a fair restaurant. For an added fee you can park your car there and take a shuttle to the port for a cruise. We have stayed here three times in the past. Will stay here again. Our only complaint was the lady that controls the shuttle was short, rude to people and kept an attitude. That is not the job for her.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were looking for a hotel to relax and get some quality sleep after flying into Orlando the night before a cruise. Unfortunately for us this Radisson seemed to be better suited for partiers planning on staying in town for the weekend. It had an active party atmosphere (live music) with lots of people packing in cases of beer and a pool jammed with adults and kids. I'm sure those folks had fun but unfortunately it was a bad hotel pick for us.

That is not to say there were not hordes of folks staying here who cruises, in fact they had tons of them. The hotel did a good job of organizing the chaos on departure day. But if you plan on taking a taxi as we did, just ask them to order one for you when you check-in, they'll do it right then. You can also pay for their shuttle service and they'll organize you into groups, just remember to schedule that before you arrive.

Our room was interesting. We reserved the "Non Smoking (Guest) Great Deal Save 15%" through Travelocity. Unfortunately they needed that 15% to pay the maid. The room had plenty of trash behind the furniture and refrigerator. Our room had Sleep Number beds and we discovered they were difficult to sleep on, they reminded me of waterbeds without the wave-proofing. Adjusting them is a pain if another person climbs in with you or gets out later. Suffice to say they were difficult to sleep on.

After arrival, hotel maintenance had to replace 1 missing bed remote and replace the security lock on our door. I should mention that all of the staff, including the maintenance guy were very cheerful and pleasant.

They gave us a free breakfast because of our room issues. Unfortunately we should have listened to our taxi driver and eaten next door at the family restaurant. To be frank, it was nasty. The bacon was cold greasy and undercooked, the sausage was flavorless, the mini waffles were doughy and undercooked. There was possible mold cooked into my wife's french toast. They tried to give us another free breakfast even though we were checking out.

This is a good time to mention the lava cake from the previous night was cold (yes cold, not cool) on the inside and crispy on the outside. The bright spot was the sushi/Thai place across the road. It was very good, I'd be a regular if I lived in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RAdams_FOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are truly sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your room and with our breakfast buffet. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our service and product. We will use your comments to further instruct our staff in these critical areas. We hope that you will return to give us another opportunity to impress you the next time you travel to Cape Canaveral.
Harriman, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

July 5, 2014; party of 8 with two room reservation; Arrived at about 11:30 am on a Saturday; check-in time not til 3 pm. Although their primary mission at this time is to be cleaning and getting people out...they graciously, expediently, and courteously got two rooms ready for us to move into. Especially accommodating was a young lady named Ishi...she was smiling and cutting up with me as I did so with her. When I mentioned I was a Veteran and showed her my credentials, she immediately gave me a significant discount on both rooms. One room assignment was changed four times due to better accommodations - and with a smile. The amenities were great as well. If there is a negative, it might be the quantity of eating facilities outside the Radisson, but all are within walking distance. Long story short (I could write an essay) This is THE Place to stay at the Cape.

• Stayed July 2014
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Omg. This hotel rocks. We had a one night at this resort- unfortunately; we were only there to stay for one night as we were leaving for a cruise at Port Canaveral. This is an an awesome place to "layover". We were able to catch the shuttle directly from the Radisson to the Port in less than 10 minutes. They made me feel super comfortable about leaving my car there over 2 nights. Overall, we are happy we chose this hotel and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 800's close to the pool!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had booked an overnight room for a friend from out of town who didn't show so we decided to use it ourselves since we are locals. We hadn't been there in a very long time but were so pleased that the employees are still Awesome. Jack at the check in desk was wonderful and upgraded us, then followed up to make sure all was as we expected. Jace in the bar/restaurant area was also awesome, making different drinks for us and helping out in the restaurant too. The food was great and the drinks were great, and we LOVED the stay. Will recommend this to friends/family when they visit. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. Sushi, Pizza, McDonald's, even Greek. They also have a Park and Cruise program - for the ships out of Port Canaveral. Highly recommend trying - also the restaurants at the Port itself are great too. Seafood, etc and lots to see.

Room Tip: The suites have two rooms and a hot tub and refrigerator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve_Cathy20
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice hotel, close to cruiseport, nice restaurant in the hotel.
Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable.
I like the fact there was free internet.
Free shuttle service to the port was nice, and the shuttle was there when we got off the ship to take us back to the hotel. We did not have to call and wait for it.
Would definitely stay there again.
We drove down and were able to leave our car there as well while we cruised.
Staff was friendly and courteous and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Terry0724
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!