“Disney Dream Bound...good starting point.”

Radisson Resort at the Port
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
oakland
“Disney Dream Bound...good starting point.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family of 10 (including extended family!) stayed one night at this super convenient location for our Disney Dream adventure.

I'll begin by saying that all transportation and hotel stay was arranged by another family member who graciously picked up the check for this trip, so I can only comment that shuttles arrived promptly and they were organized.

We arrived early for check-in and within an hour's time they were able to accommodate and ready our rooms.

Our kids really enjoyed the pool area with it's waterfall and hot tub. You can order drinks at the bar conveniently located next to the pool. Hotel room was spacious and I like that there's a microwave. Food options are a bit scarce and nothing exceptional. We ate at the two closest restaurants about a minute's walk from the resort. One was Italian/American fare (decent selection) and the other was Mediterranean fare. Both were great and able to accommodate all of us. There is a McDonald's across the street if you want to grab a quick breakfast before leaving or cheap meal.

My favorite part is that it's a nice hotel that is so close to the embarkation point for Disney Cruises. There were a few families that stayed there the night before going to the ship and the following morning, we all waited in the lobby as a representative from the cruise line came to help us all load on to the shuttles. Our shuttle driver was very kind and offered some good tips on handling the cruise and port destinations.

Rooms are clean. The decor is a bit outdated. The staff were all very kind and managed to take care of a package I had sent earlier so that I can bring on the cruise. This is a great hotel option for people who are taking cruises that leave from Port Canaveral.

3 Thank better3rd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is very close to the port at port canaveral. I only stayed one night. The pool was very nice with an outside bar. The hotel room was clean, neat and comfy. I really enjoyed the bed. Sleep number bed. I was playing with the numbers all night. I would defiantly stay here again if and when I go on another cruise out of Port Canaveral. It was a short trip down to Cocoa Beach, shopping, Publix.

The staff was friendly at check-in and my room was ready when I got there.

Room Tip: I got a room on the second floor above the pool, very nice view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jana D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family and I stayed one night at the hotel since we were heading for a cruise the next day. I thought it was a great price for a one night stay, cruise parking, shuttle service to the ship, and breakfast for two. However, I wasn't too impressed with the smell and feel of the hallways and our suite. I didn't feel clean in the room.
We were scheduled on a shuttle at noon, but didn't leave until about 12:30. There was a lot of confusion on what bus to get on--it seemed very disorganized.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
RAdams_FOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are truly sorry that you were dissatisfied with the condition of the guest room hallways and with the timeliness of our shuttle service. We have shared your concerns with the management team members responsible for those areas and we are working diligently to ensure that those operations are running smoothly. We truly appreciate your business. We hope that you will return soon and see for yourself all the exciting improvements we are making to our property in the near future.
Rotonda West, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not there very long but staff were very personable, informative, and cruise transfers were timely and and swift. Pool great, Flamingos for breakfast convenient, noticed many folks used McDonalds right across the street for breakfast ... We chose to dine at Millikens for dinner down in the Cove to watch ships come and go - recommend highly.. Next ime will stay a bit longer to do the Space Center and more area amenities.

Durham, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two kids, ages 7 and 10. The kids loved the pool and whirlpool. We stayed in a suite and the kids enjoyed the whirlpool tub in the room. Everything was clean and updated. We had a sleep number bed, which was fun. The kids, however, had a sleeper sofa, which they found to be uncomfortable. Next time I will ask for two regular beds.

1 Thank Presley B
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Made reservation thru priceline for two night stay 8/8/14-8/10/14. Contacted hotel to request two beds, Mr. Robert Adams quickly responded that the request had been noted.

Upon arrival 3:30pm 8/8/14, front deck advised us there were no rooms available at this time do to late check outs. I was to leave my phone number and they would call when a room became available, time frame unknown.

We inquired as to cruise shuttle on Sunday and were advise the first shuttle was full we were offered a later shuttle or we could sign up for a cab with 888 taxi, the hotel was to call and make reservations for a taxi at 10:00am Sunday morning. We signed up 888 taxi.

Eventually a room became available and we proceeded to our room. Finding a luggage cart was a challenge. We found the room clean and stocked as expected for a Radisson property.

Saturday 8/9/14 we left our room for the rest of the day we found the cleaning lady out side out door, she asked if we needed anything we said of course. We thought it was a strange question but went on our way with the cleaning lady in the room, we assumed that the room would be cleaned and restocked.

Upon arriving back at 9:00pm we found the room had not been cleaned, new towels that all. beds not made, not vacuumed, trash emptied, none of the normal things that were expected from the hotel. I call front desk to complain, they sent an employee to the room with a bag of towels and a vaccum for my use, why thank you very much, The employee explained the the rooms for multitude night stays were not cleaned on a daily basis unless requested. I ask the employee to provide me with the written policy that the Raddison has for cleaning rooms he went back to main office for a copy.

While waited fro employee to return we had to call maintenance as our thermostat was not working the maintenance man arrives very quickly re set the thermostat and explained that the replacement thermostats were no compatible with the ac/heating units and that he has to reset the frequently. We mention the lack of cleaning and he restated what the previous employee had stated the rooms are not cleaned every day unless requested. Who would have known.

The front desk call and apologized and asked me what I had paid priceline, I went up the the front desk with a copy of the priceline invoice, The evening assistant manger stated he was going to refund my entire costs, I asked for a receipt that would reflect the refund, which was provided. I asked the assistant evening manager for the written policy, he stated that the policy was to clean rooms daily and would have the hotel manager email the written policy for employees in reference to cleaning, To date I have not received a email form the hotel manager.

Sunday we arrived a the front office at 9:50am as was requested when the 888 taxi was signed up for.
No taxi at 10:05am no one knew when, so we took a taxi with an other couple (10:00am waiting for 888) that was cruising for a fare. I doubt that Raddison called the reservation in as they said they would

The conflicting information from two employees and a assist manager , no email from hotel manager let me to rating I gave this hotel.

I expect Mr. Robert Adams to reply with the standard boilerplate answer.

1 Thank Earl T
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are truly sorry that you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping service and for the confusion with the housekeeper. The room attendant who was responsible for cleaning your room on that Saturday reported on her paperwork that your room was completed. We will further investigate this with the employee. Regarding your requested taxi, your call was noted and confirmed in our taxi request log at the front desk, placed for you by the hotel on the day of your arrival. We are sorry that the taxi company did not appear on time, as requested. One of the benefits of booking directly with the hotel and selecting one of our Park & Cruise packages is that you can immediately book your shuttle spot for the cruise after confirming your reservation. All other rates do not permit pre-booking the shuttle time. As always, we truly appreciate your business and we hope that you will return, giving us another opportunity to show you our focus on our customers.
Birmingham, Alabama, Usa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This Radisson is close to the port and is equipped for cruisers, with a large parking lot and shuttle busses to take you and your luggage to the ship and return at the end. Nice restaurant and pool. The facilities are expansive, but a little bit in need of some touch ups at this time. Still a great place to stay before your cruise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!