“I Can't wait to come back”

Royal Mansions Resort
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stay on unit 2301 it was a lovely unit facing the ocean I was impress with the cleaning, the housekeeping staff and the front desk was very helpfull. The location is fabulous, I like the quiet environment and the private beach. My kids enjoy the pool and the boogie boards that were in the unit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Luz D
nlewis338, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you "Luz D" for taking the time to let us know about your vacation was at Royal Mansion Resort. As the General Manager I appreciate hearing when we have done our jobs and made a stay enjoyable! We look forward to your next vacation!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Run Fast if they give you room 3304: I am sorry to say, we spent the first night and canceled the rest of our trip at Royal Mansions Resort. The room was dirty, dead bugs on the upstairs bathroom counter top. Towels had hair on them; my husband had to go exchange them. We were not sure if the sheets had been changed on the beds and the sheets in the closet for the pull out were dirty and rolled in a ball in the closet. The other couple we were with, slept on top the bed and fully clothed for it was that dirty. It smelled very musty in the room. It put a damper the first day/night of our trip. We were so disappointed. The pictures on the internet were no reflection of what our room looked like. Very misleading.

The front desk clerk asked us what they could do better, we suggested the owner of suite 3304 completely renovate and update the room. The cleaning staff needs to do a better job cleaning the room and making sure towels are clean as well as clean sheets on the bed. I didn't bring a hair dryer because on the web it stated there was one in the room and there wasn't.

I will say and thank management for giving us our money back and refunding the first night as well even though we stayed there one night.

Room Tip: stay away from room 3304.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank sandiebe_12
nlewis338, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

As I explained to "sandiebe_12" in the email she sent to me, I am very sorry we did not live up to her expectations for her vacation. There is no excuse for poor housekeeping. We have changed housekeepers and I have forwarded the email to the owner (who is in process remodeling his unit) so that he may see the suggested changes. We appreciate all feedback from stays and hope "sandibe_12" will try Royal Mansion Resort again.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Royal Mansions in 2011 and were so pleased that we decided to stay there again last week. We were very disappointed this time. The location is fabulous! However, the condo was very disappointing. While we were checking in another guest called the office complaining that they had found hair in their bed so the bedding obviously had not been changed. When we walked in to our condo we immediately noticed a musty smell but we thought that if we ran the a/c for awhile the smell would go away. Then we noticed that the carpet was quite dusty along the edges. Neither of these things prompted us to call for another condo. The second day we sat at the dining table and noticed that every chair had hair on it. I have to say the kitchen was spotless but the hair on the chairs was pretty gross. The musty smell never did go away and despite setting the a/c at 68 the temperature never went below 71. Since we were leaving the third morning we did not request another condo but I am doubtful that we will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you go, ask for a more updated unit.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveler48666
nlewis338, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you "Traveler 48666" for your review. I apologize the unit was not as expected. I wish you had let us know immediately so we could had resolved your issues. It is never a bother and we want our guest to have happy enjoyable stays. I hope you will give us another chance to create an enjoyable vacation.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here in March for 10 nights. The staff were fantastic they allowed us in our unit hours earlier than posted and we essentially had another full day at the condo. The original reservation was for 6 nights and the staff helped us extend our stay and look at some of the other units that were availalbe for us to look at for those extra nights.Our unit was a 1 bedroom patio and was very clean and had everything we needed. The grounds are as nice as we have seen in the area, very well kept and the peacocks, birds and cats add to the relaxed atmosphere. Pool and spa are also great as was the continental breaksfast. We have already booked in for next March for a 2 bedroom through one of the unit owners and are looking forward to it already.

Room Tip: Go for a 2 bedroom if the kids are getting a little older/bigger
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bjulie

Thank you "bjulie" for your review of Royal Mansion Resort. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to your stay next year!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed in building 3 for one week. Loved the location, beach was great, and they have a very nice little continental breakfast. Rented bikes for $40 each & really enjoyed riding down to Jetty Park and into the shops near the cocoa beach pier.
We must say, however, that the owners of our unit really need to update;, the carpet and furniture in the living room was not very clean. We had a two bedroom unit and the beds were the worst we've ever slept on, so bad that we went to Walmart and bought foam pads to put on top of the mattress....we donated them to the condo, as could not fit into our suitcase!!
Overall, we loved the place, and definitely will consider coming back, just in a different unit next time!

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you "dianajo" for your review of Royal Mansion Resort. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay. As we are individually owned condominiums, I have passed your review to the owner so we can get your suggestions taken care of. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I both retired on Friday 2/17 so we decided to do a weekend getaway and found the Royal Mansion Resort on the net. It was a good decision. The rooms are a little dated but we had a one bedroom ocean front and the view and staff made up for any down falls. I told them the room needed a little TLC and they were very appreciative of my comments. Hope to do a family gathering sometime this summer and get several rooms.

Room Tip: second floor rooms or penthouse have the best view,
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Congratulations on your retirement, and thank you for choosing Royal Mansion Resort to celebrate. We wish you a fun filled and restful retirement! Your input regarding your stay was greatly appreciated and we have in fact corrected all the issues. We look forward to your future stay with your family!

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here twiced 1st in Sept 08 and again July 11 both times in a 2 bed ocean view room.
Great view

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!