“Royal Room Roulette might be a better description”

Royal Mansions Resort
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Florida City, Florida
“Royal Room Roulette might be a better description”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This past weekend a group of us vacationed at this resort. It was very disappointing.
Before I mention why - I did relay to the front desk the issues - they never asked me the unit number until I asked them if they wanted to know it - nothing was noted on a piece of paper or on the computer.
We were in 2302 - nicely furnished, although it needs a good cleaning. Very dusty with piles of dust on the baseboards, tables and furniture.
Kitchen had food stained walls and was missing cabinet parts. Many of the dishes had dirt in them. Tile floor was nice.
There is a pink club chair in the living room that looks like it came out of the dumpster. Stained black arms, seat & back. Carpet looks nice and there was plenty of seating at the dining table.
The outdoor balcony had a beautiful view of the ocean - sadly we could not sit out there and enjoy it as the chair cushions looked like rats had eaten them and the stuffing was hanging out.
Large bathroom upstairs - mold all along the tub wall. Faucet gave you reason to almost give up trying to take a shower, ridiculously out of whack. Sink faucet drips.
The ac never got the condo below 74 and ran the entire time we were there.
There is no tv in the downstairs unit, just an empty wall mount.
No light in the stairwell as you walk upstairs.
Our friends were in 2301 - all I can say is that it was very depressing. Dark and dirty.
Another couple was in 1304 and there unit was nice, beach themed with alot of tile.
We all paid the same $$$$$ rate. No day service at this rate - really?
Yes, the towels were thin. Yes, the pool was very nice. The continental breakfast was okay.
Add $15 per night if you want someone to change out your towels or make your bed. Although they say you can change out your own towels, we had to make 3 phone calls and 2 trips to have someone from housekeeping meet us. We finally had to get our own towels out of the dryer.
Can't say we will play royal room roulette at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask when a unit has been updated. Ask about the refund policy. Don't pay for the in room safe if...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jaxvettegal
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I am sorry "jaxvettegal" was unhappy with her stay at Royal Mansion. As a group reservation there was a contract which covered all details of the stay. We offer daily service but it was not choosen for this contract. The reason is some do not want daily service, so we made it an extra to cater to the individuals choice. We do offer towel and linen exchange which is handled at the housekeeping department. A call to the front desk to be sure someone is there is best and I apologize that "jaxvettegirl" had issues. The air conditioner in the unit was just replaced and I called the company back to check the system. Everything was running as it should, sometimes the penthouses are harder to cool with the high ceilings and doors opening and closing. As our units are individually owned the decorations, flooring and furniture relect the owners taste. I can assure "jaxvettegal" that all her issues were noted and being reviewed when they were brought to our attention. The front desk clerk did not ask your name because she already knew who you were and what room you were staying in! They try very hard to put faces to units/names so they can handle any issues the guest may have. Again, I apologize that their stay at Royal Mansions was not as expected.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

we have booked directly w/ the private owner of our penthouse condo which was fully renovated last year.
stayed for a week.

+ perfect location...only 45 min from orlando...only 20 min from kennedy space center
+ very well maintained property
+ nice + clean neach
+ nice party places are in town as well ( surfer scene )

==> the ideal location if you're seeking for a relaxing vacation

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Francesco041983
While "Francesco041983" did not book from the on site management company, I am happy their stay was good and the property and beach lived up to their expectations!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The front desk staff is prompt and professional. When we got to our room: the range was broken did not work, imediatelly they changed to another room. The second room was old in need of improvement, paint, new furniture etc.etc.
I noticed that other rooms were nicer, therefore just depends where you booked your room, I guess.
There will not be a next time at Royal Mansion.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moniqueashbrook
I am sorry for the problems "braziliantravelers" had during their recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am glad to hear the front desk handled the issues promptly but apologize the next room was not up to standard. I have reviewed the room and made contact with the owner to make changes as suggested. Thank you for your review and I hope you will stay with us again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Know what you are getting into before booking: word is that all the condos vary in quality even though, perhaps, you may be paying the same fee. Ours was worn in many ways, peeling paint, rust on the fridge, small awkward old tube tv in a large cabinet (which partially covered the best window view) in the bedroom area. The condo was small, choppy and awkwardly laid out. The balcony faced the parking lot instead of the side of the room where the ocean was. We did have an awesome ocean view which was the highlight of the place. The bathroom had a separate shower but no lighting so it very dark and creepy. The dining area appeared to be a redesign of an old balcony with a step down and an indoor glassed window to the bedroom. It was a tripping hazard and gave no privacy in the bedroom. It was a design disaster and there really wasn't a lot of concern for the occupant's comfort. Additionally, the bed was rock hard, and the kitchen supplies cheap and shoddy. The bowls resembled cheap potty insert bowls (very appetizing for serving). As for breakfast, if you are on a gluten free diet, you are out of luck. It is all sugar and carbs, muffins, doughnuts, eggo like waffles, not a lot else. They did have some plastic wrapped, old looking apples (we got one one day that appeared rotten on the bottom) that were never seemed to be changed out the week we were there. Maybe other rooms were better quality than the one we were in, but if you are paying the same fee, don't you deserve standardized high quality throughout instead of a mishmash of maybe good, maybe shoddy? We paid a significant sum to stay for our week, and in comparison to other places we've stayed for similar charges, it did NOT measure up. Although we enjoyed our stay in the area, we would probably find alternative accommodations if we visit again, as we really believe we paid too high a price for mediocrity and shabby interior surroundings. It was a damper on our enjoyment and not a good value in my opinion.

Room Tip: No one made us aware that quality of rooms varied in this establishment. I'm really not sure wha...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lachase
Thank you "lachase" for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize that the kitchen supplies were not as expected, I can assure you they were not "potty bowls" it is just easier because of breakage to have plastic bowls versus glass in a rental unit. The units are individually owned but we keep inventory and had we known, we would have been happy to replace or expand the kitchen items. Our breakfast is a "continental" breakfast which does tend to be higher on the carbohydrate side but we offer a large variety and try to have something for everyone. Again, I apologize that "lachase"'s stay was not as expected and hope they will give us a chance to do better.
maine
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My husband & I were here in February, along with several other friends in building three. We were much happier with our condo this year, as it was cleaner and the beds were great! We did feel, however, that the service was not as good this time. Several times when trying to get clean towels, we were told there wasn't any and we had to come back. The beach towels are a joke! Come on, Royal Mansions, the money we spend per night, you should be able to provide normal size towels....these are child size and very thin.
We had a great week, rented bikes again, love all the nice places to eat, esp Fish Lips.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
I appreciate and thank "dianajo" for her review of her recent stay at Royal Mansion. I apologize about the towel situation and will talk to the housekeeping staff to assure this isn't an issue again. We do use smaller towels at the pool, it speeds up the drying time and we do not limit how many a guest uses. I am glad your stay was good overall and look forward to your return.
King George, Virginia
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Just stayed at the Royal Mansions Resort for a week and absolutely loved it. My husband and I stayed with my daughter, son in law and granddaughter. We were in unit 1309 and it was very clean inside, spacious rooms, kitchen had everything we needed. The private walk to the beach was wonderful and we got the same spot on the beach every day. We swam in the pool almost every day as well and enjoyed it as well as the jacuzzi. Not sure where the peacocks come from but for this animal lover it was a pleasant experience to see them every day!!! The staff was friendly and always helpful. I would love to go back and stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dSunflowers
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you "dSunflowers" for taking the time to write a review about you recent vacation at Royal Mansion Resort. I am happy the unit was as you expected and you were able to enjoy our beautiful beach and pool/jacuzzi. I am glad the staff was helpful and we all look forward to you and your family visiting us again. Oh and the peacocks are wild, they have roamed around this area for years and years. I am glad you got to see the males with their full plumage!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Hotel is decent for the area, the breakfast is worthless and includes some coffee a box of cold eggo waffles and some mini donuts, beach out front is great and so is the pool. The rooms are nice but since they are privately owned the consistency varies. Beds in both units we stayed in were horrible though and since they are privately owned there is no housekeeping. Overall good, would stay again

Room Tip: get the 2 bedroom
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
As the General Manager of Royal Mansion I would like to thank "eric5906" for taking the time to let us know about his stay. Our units are individually owned and I am sorry that the beds in both units he stayed in were not comfortable. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast and consists of english muffins, two types of bagels,waffles,mini muffins,donuts, two kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, apples, four types of juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and jellies, syrup,cream cheese and butter. There are toasters to warm/brown the waffles and bagels to the individual's taste. We do offer housekeeping but since these are condominiums some people do not want to be bothered with daily service so we have made it an "add on" option. Daily towel or sheet exchange is also offered. Again I apologize to "Eric 5906" that we did not meet all of his vacation expectations and hope to see him here again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!