“Just Average”

Royal Mansions Resort
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Arrived early at noon time and was advised the room wouldn't be ready until 3PM. That's fine, but I was told that they couldn't store our luggage in a protected area. My car was packed full and I couldn't use the down time to go food shopping etc. A bit annoying.

I received a call from the clerk about two hours later that our two bedroom condo was ready. We arrived and checked in. After getting settled I went down to the living room area and noticed a pretty bad mold smell. An afternoon thunder storm rolled in and water started leaking trough a light fixture onto the living room table. The winds caused a torn window awning to flap real loud and brought attention to a cracked window in the upstairs bedroom. The furnishings were horrible, aged and stained.

I visited the front desk and waited for about a half hour until they located another room. I then waited another hour or so for it to be available. I moved into that room which had better furnishings and seemed much cleaner. It did have a light smell of mold and mildew though. On the second day a leak sprouted upstairs causing pieces of the popcorn ceiling to fall down on the floor.

The rest of the week was uneventful. The beach is just average. The waves break in an odd fashion making it impossible to swim with average waves for body surfing. The pool area is small but clean. The buffet breakfast is nothing more than defristed waffles and bagels ready for toasting, some cereal and coffee. The fruit selection appeared to be only apples wraped in saran wrap.

Cape Canaveral Beach is a bit seedy. There are more strip clubs than Chinese Restaurants. I witness someone trying to run someone over at the local 7-11 and saw a lot of questionable people on the beach. This is not a family vacation destination.

I didn't find the staff at the hotel to be all that nice. I wouldn't return to the hotel or the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cbgb
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you "cbgb" for your review of your recent vacation. I apologize that the afternoon rains brought issues with your unit, but am happy we were able to shift things around and get you moved into a different one. I am sorry you didn't enjoy our beach or surrounding area. I can assure you Cape Canaveral is quite safe for individuals or families. I again apologize for the issues you had during your stay.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I recently stayed here on memorial day weekend , it was a very great time . love the beautiful view of my hotel room in 1216... I loved the fact that there is gated beach so only hotel members can go in and the nice clean pool and the staff are very friendly and help me have a pleasant stay ,,, i would come again soon <3

Room Tip: I would suggest the hotel room 1216 because of the excellent :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you "MayLeeR" for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was my first experience staying in this resort to celebrate the memorial weekend, we stayed in room 2101. It was a very pleasant experience stayed here. The service was great, clean rooms, beautiful views especially the dining area with a ocean view, affordable rates and also a military friendly establishment that offer to us a great military discount. We were very satisfied with our first stay at Royal Mansions and we will recommend these resorts to all are friends. We’ll be back our next time we visit Florida.

Room Tip: It was my first experience here and we was very satisfied . I think with a resort like Royal Mansion...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

"Janvier73pr" We are so happy your first experience staying at Royal Mansions met all your expectations. We thank you for your military service! Hope you will be back to see us soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

my wife and I stayed at royal mansions for memorial weekend,the experience was fabulous housekeeping and front desk were so good and kind I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL I definitely will book in this hotel next year the area is very nice I can't wait till' next year!!!

Room Tip: very nice room and view (1102)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you "EliasR" for reviewing your recent stay at Royal Mansions. I am happy your stay was 'awesome" and we look forward to your future vacations at Royal Mansion Resort!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here and it was even better than the first! The FD staff were great as they were before :) Beautiful rooms for awesome price - Most places that offer military discount is usually 10% off which don't even cover the taxes; but this place is great & loves their military! Awesome private beach, gorgeous pool, huge hot tub, yummy breakfast, etc.... Thanks to Royal Mansion for 2 fantabulous vacations in a row; and we'll be back again this summer!

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms are the best for family with more than 2 adults - Love the upstairs private bedroom...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

We are happy "COnnie_36_12" had such a great stay at Royal Mansion Resort! We also appreciate her return visits and look forward to her summer stay! We do respect our military and are happy to do our part to make any stay more relaxing!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We recently stayed for a month in Unit 1202 and really enjoyed our holiday.

The condo was freshly painted, had a new pull out sofa, love seat, flat screen T.V., tropical decor and ceramic tile flooring throughout, making the condo clean and comfortable. A nice feature, which we enjoyed, was its Atrium dining area, with a great view of the ocean.

Royal Mansions has a terrific beach, a well maintained pool and nice hot tub. There were daily cruise ships coming and going from Cape Canaveral and we saw a rocket launch from the beach immediately in front. Restaurants, shopping and other amenities were conveniently located.

We were very happy with our stay at Royal Mansions and recommend this one bedroom, oceanfront condo.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne R

Thank you "WayneR" for taking the time to review your recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am pleased you are happy with your stay and I hope you will come see us again!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

This past weekend a group of us vacationed at this resort. It was very disappointing.
Before I mention why - I did relay to the front desk the issues - they never asked me the unit number until I asked them if they wanted to know it - nothing was noted on a piece of paper or on the computer.
We were in 2302 - nicely furnished, although it needs a good cleaning. Very dusty with piles of dust on the baseboards, tables and furniture.
Kitchen had food stained walls and was missing cabinet parts. Many of the dishes had dirt in them. Tile floor was nice.
There is a pink club chair in the living room that looks like it came out of the dumpster. Stained black arms, seat & back. Carpet looks nice and there was plenty of seating at the dining table.
The outdoor balcony had a beautiful view of the ocean - sadly we could not sit out there and enjoy it as the chair cushions looked like rats had eaten them and the stuffing was hanging out.
Large bathroom upstairs - mold all along the tub wall. Faucet gave you reason to almost give up trying to take a shower, ridiculously out of whack. Sink faucet drips.
The ac never got the condo below 74 and ran the entire time we were there.
There is no tv in the downstairs unit, just an empty wall mount.
No light in the stairwell as you walk upstairs.
Our friends were in 2301 - all I can say is that it was very depressing. Dark and dirty.
Another couple was in 1304 and there unit was nice, beach themed with alot of tile.
We all paid the same $$$$$ rate. No day service at this rate - really?
Yes, the towels were thin. Yes, the pool was very nice. The continental breakfast was okay.
Add $15 per night if you want someone to change out your towels or make your bed. Although they say you can change out your own towels, we had to make 3 phone calls and 2 trips to have someone from housekeeping meet us. We finally had to get our own towels out of the dryer.
Can't say we will play royal room roulette at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask when a unit has been updated. Ask about the refund policy. Don't pay for the in room safe if...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jaxvettegal

I am sorry "jaxvettegal" was unhappy with her stay at Royal Mansion. As a group reservation there was a contract which covered all details of the stay. We offer daily service but it was not choosen for this contract. The reason is some do not want daily service, so we made it an extra to cater to the individuals choice. We do offer towel and linen exchange which is handled at the housekeeping department. A call to the front desk to be sure someone is there is best and I apologize that "jaxvettegirl" had issues. The air conditioner in the unit was just replaced and I called the company back to check the system. Everything was running as it should, sometimes the penthouses are harder to cool with the high ceilings and doors opening and closing. As our units are individually owned the decorations, flooring and furniture relect the owners taste. I can assure "jaxvettegal" that all her issues were noted and being reviewed when they were brought to our attention. The front desk clerk did not ask your name because she already knew who you were and what room you were staying in! They try very hard to put faces to units/names so they can handle any issues the guest may have. Again, I apologize that their stay at Royal Mansions was not as expected.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!