“Verify the room you get prior to staying.”

Royal Mansions Resort
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here in September 2010. I had not left a review at the time, rather contacted management via email directly. I did not receive a response although I was not expected one. I just felt it was my responsibility to be honest and help a fellow business. However, another of my parents client's happen to have stumbled upon this place recently as well and shared the same sentiments.

Rather, then speaking for somebody else (although what they have to say is the same as what I wrote 3 years ago), in fairness I will only post what I had to say about this place in 2010, and note that things may have changed for the better since then. Please use this as a warning to any future vacationers just to make sure they get the room they expect and see on pictures.

The only advice I would give is ASK FOR PICTURES OF THE EXACT UNIT YOU WILL BE STAYING IN AND REQUEST ONE THAT HAS BEEN UPDATED.

The Letter I sent on 09/09/10 via email (if anybody needs an email address or a name please let me know):

Hello,

We stayed at Royal Mansions Cap Canaveral this weekend and have a room booked for our honey moon. Also, we were visiting to add the hotel to our list of american destination at my parents travel agency. I am not sure if you are interested at all in customers opinion but it is always my stand to help out, especially future customers.

The customer service and location were pretty good. However the room was a total disaster and is nothing like what is shown in the picture. In France this is called inaccurate advertisement and is punishable by law. We encountered some online reviews before coming there, noticed that the rooms were not decorated the same and had asked for the best available room. The mixer was broken, the washer did not work, the appliances were old, the decoration left to be desired and on one of the couches there was a humorous note telling us that is was broken and directing us to use the adjacent couch instead.

It would only be but fair to add pictures of these rooms on the website so customers know exactly what they are paying for. It would only be but fair to have the owners update these rooms or offer discounts depending on the room or take these rooms off the market. Is is too risky to send one of my clients not knowing the room.

As you can see I did not ask to be reimbursed, however it is needless to say that our honeymoon there will be canceled.

Should you wish to make an effort please contact us when some upgrades are made and we will add you to our list.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for pictures of the exact unit that you will be staying in and request an updated one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank habatchina
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

I am sorry "habatchina" had issues during their stay at Royal Mansion. I apologize that a response was not given to the personal email,we try to answer all both online and personal. The issues you encountered should not ever happen, I am not sure the details from your stay so I can only apologize and assure you we do our best to make sure these problems do not happen.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this amazing resort with me entire family of around 60 people! Everyone from the grandparents to the grandchildren had an amazing time. Between the pool that was spacious enough for everyone to hang out in and around and the beautiful clean beach just a boardwalk away, we were never bored or without comfortable space to relax and gather. The units were perfect with plenty of living space for everyone to visit together and kitchens perfect for us to prepare most of our meals. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I would recommend this place to ANYONE looking to travel to the Cape Canaveral area and will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jameley13
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you "jamesley13" for letting us know about your recent family reunion. It was our pleasure to see your family reconnect and I am pleased everyone had a great time! We look forward to your next reunion!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had our family reunion at Royal Mansions, and had the best time! Our family is large and has varying tastes, and sizes, but this place fit them all. The staff was very accommodating, helpful, and friendly. This place is a condo to rent, not a hotel room, so keep that in mind, but it was perfect for us. My family of 5 had a patio unit, there was so much space, and it was nice to have a separate bedroom & a full kitchen. The prices here are the best I could find in the Cocoa Beach area (trust me, I planned the reunion, and I have looked at almost every place around)! The pool is great, and the beach is beautiful here. It is a quieter area and nice to just relax! Our family also enjoyed the breakfast, it was basic, but the kids like cereal and muffins, so we saved $ just by having this extra perk. We live in Orlando, an hour away, and will definitely be coming back and telling our friends!

Room Tip: A patio unit is ground floor, with a patio in front, separate bed room, Murphy bed, sleeper sofa, fu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you "mesejm" for letting us know about your recent reunion held at Royal Mansion Resort. I am glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves and we were able to accomodate your needs. We enjoyed watching your family members reconnect and appreciate our part. We hope you will think of us again for your next vacation.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Me and my family recently stayed in room 1113 and 1309.
The rooms were the cleanest rooms we've ever had the pleasure to stay in at a condo.
When we needed towels or any cleaning done our young housekeeper was outstanding and on the ball. She was courteous and thorough.
We most definitely won't hesitate to stay at Royal Mansions again!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you "chloeeliselowe" for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed yourselves and that our staff was able to be helpful too. We look forward to a return visit!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Went to R M for a weekend run away before school started. There seems to be mixed reviews of the place, so I will do my best to be informative. Lets start with what it is and isn't. It is NOT a resort with all the perks that go with it. It IS a condo on the beach away from all the tourists. In saying that the unit we stayed in had more than everything we needed. From utensils in the kitchen, plastic cups for cocktails at the pool, beach chairs and a Murphy bed the kids loved! If we were to stay here for a week we would be well equipped with everything we needed. When we stayed at Ron Jon that was NOT the case.
It IS a quick walk to the beach and a great location between Ron Jon's resort and the pier. The pool was really hot, but that is what you get in florida's heat of summer. The pool deck is a little dirty, and the lounge chairs really need to be replaced from too much use. That being said you can throw a towel on them and out of sight out of mind. The breakfast is free, and free is better than cheap. If I was staying there for an extended time I would not eat there I would make my own fixens.
So...if you need a place for a week that is self contained and not a tourist trap this could be for you. Not the cleanest place and not the dirtiest place. Well equipped condos on a great beach. If you are driving over, I would also advise to take SR528 vs 520, it is much closer. In closing, we did not stay in one of the pent house units, they really looked like the bomb. I would like to try one in the future! Enjoy your stay, hope this helped!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank 6digityachtclub

I am glad "6digityachtclub" took the time to reviiew our property. I am happy you were able to take advantage of our peaceful property. We have recently ordered some new replacement pool furniture and just completed a deck and furniture wash. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future stays!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here and had a great time and cant wait to go back. The hotel is located right on the beach which was great as we didn't have to get in the car and drive.,. very relaxing. The kids could just walk to the beach and didn't have to worry about traffic. The lady that checked us in was very helpful. The room was clean and perfect for a family. Breakfast was perfect as well

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you "lovetraveling1969" for the review on your recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am very happy your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a return visit!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed in room 3208 the weekend of July 19, 2013. Arrived late in day and after checking in found room had not been cleaned, garbage was overflowing, sheets were soiled, coffee filter not cleaner, still contained coffee from prior occupants. It was after 9 and no one was available to clean. Was a long night sleeping on sofa. Mold in bathroom, tub rusty and tub and shower fixtures should be replaced. Room should not be rented again until these items are corrected. Called housekeeping the following at 8.00, had to visit the office and wait until 11.00 before some was sent to clean room

Room Tip: Each room is maintained differently, choose a different hotel if you want to avoid surprises.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kenneth N
nlewis86, Front Office Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

My apologies to "kenneth N" for all the issues he had during his recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I can assure you that the issues were rectified and I am again sorry for the problems that occured during the stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!