I had no idea this gem was practically in our back yard. We are here now and have been for 2 evenings because of some remodeling in our Ft. Myers home (also, it is our 32nd anniversary :-) ). Let me tell you, Ritz Carlton and like resorts have nothing on this fabulous place.
The suites are luxurious and huge, the staff is well-trained, friendly, and go out of their way for EVERY single request. The management here has done the most important thing possible in customer service--they've given their staff the training, power and encouragement to say YES.
Westin's signature scent of White Tea, wafting lightly throughout the resort, is so appealing and relaxing, Very smart, Westin! Starbucks coffee is served in the restaurants and you have a coffee pot in the room with Starbucks coffee for you to brew your own. Free newspaper each day. Great happy hour 4-7 with great prices on drinks and flatbread pizza (yum).
Yes, their is a "resort fee" of $15 daily, but my, it is a deal. Includes internet, a water taxi to Fort Myers Beach (if on your own, would pay that per person minimum), plenty of self parking, etc.
Clearly, the location is somewhat isolated, but to me, that's the beauty. As long as one has a car, it is an easy drive to Ft. Myers, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs. It would be at most be an hour to Marco Island for a day trip (see about getting a day pass to Marriott's resort on Marco Island if you do that)
Also, I like that they offer you a "green option," of choosing NOT to have housekeeping. If you make this choice you get either 500 Starwood points or $5 each day to use in bar or restaurant. Duh. I prefer the privacy anyway. Be clear though, as the kind front desk employee told me, this does not mean that you have chosen to forgo amenities. All you have to do is ask for additional toiletries, coffee, towels as you need them.
We happen to be here in the off-season (September is very slow in SW Florida), so rates are mind-boggling low, but their prices even during the season are reasonable for this amount of luxury and beauty.
Go to this gorgeous gem as soon as you can, and stay as long as you can. All I ask is that you not take advantage of this goodness. Instead, be kind and grateful and not greedy, so you don't spoil it for those of us who truly appreciate this luxury and beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village offers you all the amenities of Tarpon Point Marina including four star waterfront views, plus resort luxuries such as room service, housekeeping and concierge services. Experience flawless service in our sleek tower of guest rooms and suites with sweeping views of the Caloosahatchee River, San Carlos Bay and Gulf of Mexico. Our traditional rooms and our 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites range from 445 square feet to 3,500 square feet, with grand rooms, master suites, guest suites, and dining terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort At Marinavillage Hotel Cape Coral
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village Florida