After a very long week of working in the Tampa Bay area, a week that included nasty weather, we were looking forward to heading south for some sunshine and R&R at The Westin Cape Coral. The property is not easy to find through a residential neighborhood at the end of a peninsula, but once you're there, the approach and entrance to the property is beautiful. The challenges began right at the front desk when it became clear that no one had paid any attention to my detailed instructions about "de-feathering" the room. I have an extreme allergy to feathers and down. Not only had I made this very clear during the reservation process, but I am a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program so this should have been in my profile. It took 30 minutes to get someone to service the room. The desk clerk was very apologetic and very pleasant, offering us a coupon for free breakfast, and telling us all the things to see & do during our stay. She even played concierge and made some reservations for us. Once inside our one bedroom suite, which was lovely, with a great view and wonderful full kitchen, I was speechless to find the bathroom floor looked dirty...really dirty. I put towels down on the floor to cover it. I called downstairs and was told there was no one available to come look at it right then but the info would be passed along. The next morning I mentioned it to someone who identified themselves as a manager and said she would see it was taken care of right away. In the four days we stayed, no one ever came to look at or clean the floor. Due to Westin's new "green policy" your room only gets cleaned every 3-4 days. Cleanliness continued to be an issue when we went to use the kitchen...the silverware was not clean and I had to hand wash all of it. Despite these issues, we enjoyed much of what the property had to offer, especially the free water shuttle to Ft. Meyers Beach, the dolphin tours, and the stone crabs at Pinchers Crab Shack at the Marina. I also had a very nice experience in the spa which is not part of Westin but located on the property. As my title states, this should have been a five star review. Obviously management needs to up its game at The Westin Cape Coral.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Villageoffers you all the amenities of Tarpon Point Marina including four star waterfront views, plus resort luxuries such as room service, housekeeping and concierge services. Experience flawless service in our sleek tower of guest rooms and suites with sweeping views of the Caloosahatchee River, San Carlos Bay and Gulf of Mexico. Our traditional rooms and our 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites range from 445 square feet to 2,195 square feet, with grand rooms, master suites, guest suites, and dining terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort At Marinavillage Hotel Cape Coral
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village Florida