“This Should Have Been A Five Star Review”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“This Should Have Been A Five Star Review”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

After a very long week of working in the Tampa Bay area, a week that included nasty weather, we were looking forward to heading south for some sunshine and R&R at The Westin Cape Coral. The property is not easy to find through a residential neighborhood at the end of a peninsula, but once you're there, the approach and entrance to the property is beautiful. The challenges began right at the front desk when it became clear that no one had paid any attention to my detailed instructions about "de-feathering" the room. I have an extreme allergy to feathers and down. Not only had I made this very clear during the reservation process, but I am a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program so this should have been in my profile. It took 30 minutes to get someone to service the room. The desk clerk was very apologetic and very pleasant, offering us a coupon for free breakfast, and telling us all the things to see & do during our stay. She even played concierge and made some reservations for us. Once inside our one bedroom suite, which was lovely, with a great view and wonderful full kitchen, I was speechless to find the bathroom floor looked dirty...really dirty. I put towels down on the floor to cover it. I called downstairs and was told there was no one available to come look at it right then but the info would be passed along. The next morning I mentioned it to someone who identified themselves as a manager and said she would see it was taken care of right away. In the four days we stayed, no one ever came to look at or clean the floor. Due to Westin's new "green policy" your room only gets cleaned every 3-4 days. Cleanliness continued to be an issue when we went to use the kitchen...the silverware was not clean and I had to hand wash all of it. Despite these issues, we enjoyed much of what the property had to offer, especially the free water shuttle to Ft. Meyers Beach, the dolphin tours, and the stone crabs at Pinchers Crab Shack at the Marina. I also had a very nice experience in the spa which is not part of Westin but located on the property. As my title states, this should have been a five star review. Obviously management needs to up its game at The Westin Cape Coral.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WexfordWriter
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear WexfordWriter,

I am saddened to hear you encountered shortcomings while you were a guest at our resort. I sincerely apologize that we missed the mark and we will work hard to regain your confidence. I am happy to hear our guest service agent was able to assist you with information about the resort and local attractions nearby. I’m also glad to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach as well as visit some of the local shops on the promenade near the resort. Thank you again for your feedback as it is important for us to learn of the areas we need to improve on. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you again.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Polish first
North Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Joined a friend in a two bedroom suite and felt just like home - only better. Everything was top notch. The staff from the front door on could not have been friendlier nor the service better. A marina setting with great views. Can't wait to go back to enjoy the outside more as the weather was not the best for being out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NMBMarty
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear NMBMarty,

It is always nice to read comments like the one you shared. I am so happy to hear you felt right at home and enjoyed your accommodations. Thank you for mentioning our staff, I will be sure to share your praises with the team. I hope to see you back with us on your next trip to Southwest Florida and hopefully with be able to enjoy some sunnier weather!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Westin Cape Coral over MLK weekend, and it was everything we hoped it would be. We were upgraded to a suite with a full kitchen, spacious bedroom/bathroom, and a fantastic balcony overlooking the gulf/marshland. The Sunset Dolphin Tour was incredible (although cold, this time year), and the Ft. Myers Ferry from the hotel provided a nice bit of variety for our trip.

There were several options around Marina Village for food and drink, but we did rent a car so as to be able to explore some other options in the area. At <40m from the airport, I would absolutely return to this resort for a relaxing long weekend again in the future.

Room Tip: 16th floor is SPG only. East facing rooms have offer beautiful sunrise views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joe0523,

I am pleased to learn about your excellent stay at our resort. I am thrilled to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed our spacious suites and waterfront view of the Gulf of Mexico and Tarpon Point Marina. We are also excited you were able to enjoy our complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach as well as explore some of the area’s best local attractions. Thank you for your comments. I hope to see you back at The Westin Cape Coral again soon.

Holland,ma
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Couldn't wait to get here. We got out of New England early on our drive to Florida. Front desk was terrific at getting us into a 1 bedroom suite one day early. We originally booked for two weeks. Kudos to front desk.
On Monday we went to NautiMermaid for drinks and a bite to eat at dinner time. We waited over half an hour for a server to come to us. We even called out to them and we were told in just a minute. We finally left and went to the front desk were the seem to solve every problem. We told them we didn't intend to be humiliated again and turned in $50 worth of food vouchers. That evening a front desk supervisor called us and offered a bottle of wine from the restaurant manager. I refused the offer saying I wasn't interested in being appeased but would like to talk to the restaurant manager to here what he would do so this wouldn't happen again. Haven't heard yet and it's four days later. I'm still here and will be until 2/22. However, I will not eat at a restaurant on property. Hopefully, the restaurant manager gets out from behind his desk and figures out he does have some problems.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Richard P
Dear Richard P,

We are grateful for your detailed feedback regarding our resort and restaurants as it allow us to learn more about the services we provided that were less than stellar and ways we can improve. As a team, we are focused on taking care of our guests and providing them a memorable experience and I am saddened to learn of your disappointments with our restaurant. I’m glad you were able to speak with one of our managers and can ensure your comments have been shared with the rest of the management staff. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again.

Columbus, OH
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and accommodating.
It was such a nice feeling to know everyone cared. It truly showed everyone enjoyed their job.
The hotel was beautiful and the pools were great. Loved the location and the menu selections.
Thank you to everyone!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, reserve a room with a balcony or a larger room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
DearTPGCMH,

It is a pleasure to read your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was friendly and accommodating to all your needs. Thank you for also mentioning our healthy options on our dining menus. We try to accommodate all diets and are thrilled to hear we had healthy options for you. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I recently stayed with my family. The hotel is very nice and the service is great. All the things you would expect from a Westin hotel. The only small downsides are that the hotel is not near a beach (they do have a daily taxi boat that can take you to the beach) and that there are not many structured events for Children. They do have a childrens club, but you get the feeling the hotel is not really set up to cater for families. However, overall we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan D
Dear Jonathan D,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I am happy to hear our resort was what you expected from a Westin as we strive for each of our guests to feel at home when they stay with us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the beach and the children’s activities. I will be sure to review your comments with the rest of the management team when discussing future enhancements. Thank you again. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Outstanding accommodations. Very attentive and friendly staff. We used the Owner's pool. Beautiful grounds. Very warm pool. Unlike the hotel pool, almost empty. Nice hot tub. Beautiful clubhouse. Wait until you see the bathroom - hand painted murals.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor. Beautiful views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barb K
Dear Barb K,

It was a pleasure to read your review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your relaxing stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our attentive and friendly staff. I will be sure to share your praises with the team. We look forward to your next stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Dolphin Key Resort
Dolphin Key Resort
#5 of 6 in Cape Coral

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!