“Great resort”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We came to celebrate my sister's upcoming nuptials. We were a party of six with a three-room suite (and the hotel was wonderful about accommodating our last minute upgrade to a 3-bedroom suite).

We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Nice rooms with a balcony, good restaurants, pools and bar areas. Front desk and pool staff is friendly and helpful. No beach but the nearby marina is very nice and the boats are amazing. The dolphin sunset cruise was great and there are lots of little shops to poke around as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear ecotait,

It is wonderful to read you stayed with us during a special family occasion. We are thrilled you had a fantastic stay with us and you enjoyed our rooms, restaurant, pools, bar, and local shops on the nearby promenade. Thank you for also mentioning our friendly staff. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Be Well, Eric Ashton General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Took my son during his winter break to visit my dad who leaves nearby. Frankly, I was really pleasantly surprised by the hotel,

First, as a Platinum member, we were upgraded to a Mariners Suite....talk about nice digs! Two full bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a full kitchen, beautiful living/sitting area, a study AND a fully screened in huge balcony. I think it was slightly bigger than our NYC condo! The view out over the bay was spectacular and peaceful.

The staff was great....with one minor exception....they need to add bell staff. A couple of days we were there, the hotel was full, and they only had one bell staff on. The poor fellow was doing everything from collecting our laundry, helping with guest luggage and retrieving valeted cars! We had to wait quite a bit for the car. Not the bellman's fault....he was a good guy...just the proverbial one-armed paper hangar, which was unacceptable for this level resort.

But that was a minor blip in an otherwise very pleasant stay, the room service and restaurants were good....it's true that the "Nauti Mermaid" and the main restaurant are really one in the same, but they were "both" fine. And there is a decent casual option on the premises as well...Pincher's Crab Shack...which is perfect for kids.

The resort is quite isolated so one can't really walk anywhere, but that suited me just fine. It was great to hang by the nice pool and enjoy the great weather. This is a really nice spot for a family break.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear BobRen62,

It is wonderful to hear that you and your family had a fantastic vacation with us. We are happy to hear that you found our associates to be friendly as well. Thank you for mentioning your suggestion with adding an additional bellman. We will certainly keep this in mind for future.
We truly appreciate your compliments on our suites, restaurants, and pool. It is great to read your family had a good time with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon for another excellent stay.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was a stay for me on reward points and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Nice rooms with a balcony, good restaurants, pools and bar areas. Staff is friendly and helpful. No beach but the nearby marina is very nice and the boats are amazing. This place is more of a destination and stay there kind of place as any other attractions like the beach or less expensive restaurants or nightlife require a drive. Traffic in the area is busy during the day so get up early and get going if you are headed to Sanibel or the beach. Parking garage is not accessible from the hotel elevators so it is a bit of rigamarole, so we parked in the garage, took the elevator, walked to the lobby before we checked in and it was fine. They keep the luggage carts chained up so they can keep track of them so expect to tip a bellman when you check in for help with your bags if you drop them first, then park.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Matt C,

We are pleased to learn about your excellent stay at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our rooms with private screen-in balconies, pools, and on-site restaurants. You are right, we are very much a destination with many amenities and things to do and see without ever needing to leave the resort grounds. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you at The Westin Cape Coral again soon.

Be Well,
Eric Ashton

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This resort met my expectations and then some. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and housekeeping was punctual and efficient. The rooms were very large and luxurious. All of the amenities were modern and of high quality. My only complaint of the room was that the Double beds were not very comfortable, while the King bed was very comfortable. The private balcony was very large and had an amazing view of the water. This resort has a pool, fitness center, bar/restaurant, and other restaurants and shops within walking distance. This resort may be a bit pricey, but it is well worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hotels f
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed in a King suite w/ a preserve view. It was simply amazing. The balcony was so enjoyable. If we had a choice, the boat harbor view would have been nice too. We were on the fourth floor. I'm sure we could have seen further with a higher floor, but could watch the wildlife activity in the water at this level. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Corner room had more of the pleasant breeze on the balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie W
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Connie W,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our one bedroom suite and the views from the private screened-in balcony. I hope you have the opportunity to come back and enjoy another great stay relaxing in our tropical paradise soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed this weekend at the resort and was SO looking forward as we typically stay with family when we come to Cape Coral. When we booked there was only a 1 bedroom suite available - way more than we wanted to spend but really wanted a little weekend stay cation so we went for the $300+ per night. We also brought our mini poodle along since Westin is pet friendly.

The hotel lobby is beautiful, clean, modern, and the staff very welcoming. When we arrived, our room was ready but the girl checking us in was wondering where my daughter was sleeping since we booked a king suite. I assumed sofa in living room opened into a bed - it doesn't. Ok well maybe she can sleep on the sofa. If not, we could have a roll away for $25 - ok cause I'm not paying enough for my room I guess. We decided to see the sofa to determine which she would prefer.

We got to the room which was on the 2nd floor (suite 216). It was fine since we would have to take the dog out to do his business regularly, figured would be more convenient. The room consisted of a full kitchen, dining area, living room and a separate bedroom with a king bed, walk in closet and bathroom with washer and dryer.(not sure why this is necessary since there's a guest laundry down the hall - not that I would EVER do laundry on vacation)

The first thing we noticed is that the bedroom carpet is filthy. Like old stains, dirty. The sofa, lots of old stains (so we promptly ordered the roll away bed). One of the chairs in the living room had a white drip down the side of it - like someone spilled milk or icecream and it was just there (see photos). My dog kept trying to get under the piece of furniture next to the couch. I finally had to look under and there was a ball under there (from a prior guest child or dog). We then went out of the beautiful, long screened in patio. There we found old pre lit tea light candles (guess from the previous guests) and the screening had holes throughout so we couldn't sit out there at all since we were on a preserve which has millions of bugs.

We then showered for dinner to find the bathroom had only 2 bath towels to use. Really? Is there a towel shortage in Cape Coral? Also, there are two sinks - one near the walk in closet outside of the bathroom and one inside the bathroom yet there was only one bar of soap and one bottle of hand lotion. The only trash can was in the water closet, nowhere near either sink. There was only a shower, no bathtub. I assumed in a suite I would get the Westin bath.

I called and got more towels and had to call maintenance to figure out how to turn on the tv in the master bedroom. Apparently there's a switch on the front of the tv that turns it off completely (some type of energy saving thing) OH and the remotes are these cheap universal remotes that you cannot operate the sleep timer and this morning, with the time change, were not even functional - we couldn't change the channel at all just turn on/off on both tvs.

My dog had us up all night sniffing the carpeting in the bedroom - it was obviously full of past dog scents and god knows what. We wound up leaving him at my moms the next night so that we could all get a good nights sleep.

We ordered room service for breakfast on Saturday and their menu, especially for kids, is rough. My daughter doesn't eat eggs so we ordered her pancakes made with Greek yogurt (yes this is the only type of pancake you can get here) - it weighed about a pound and had this horrible orange flavor that she had to drown it in maple syrup. I understand the need to offer healthy options but not everyone has the need or desire to eat gluten free, Lo fat or Lo carb. Oh and we ordered a bakery basket. I asked the girl on the phone what was in it - definitely a bagel or English muffin but she didn't remember the rest. Perfect - we wanted either a bagel or English muffin to put our unhealthy sausage on. Except the basket came and there wasn't a bagel or English muffin - just a croissant, what we think was a cheese Danish and two blueberry muffins. I did have a delicious yogurt and berry parfait.

There were other issues - like I don't think the tile floors had ever been really mopped. In the bathroom across from the toilet the dirt is so obvious on the floor - I thought maybe it was the design in the tile but I took the washcloth and rubbed the dirt which easily came up. The lightbulb outside if the master closet area is blown out. The front door looks beat up on the inside like an old apartment building. We finished the tissues and they didn't get replaced. As a matter of fact, nothing was moved on the bathroom counter and the counter felt sticky like hairspray so there's no way it was even wiped down when they serviced our room.

Oh and someone needs to clean out the ashtray garbage bin that has been overflowing since we got there Friday afternoon. Checked out on Sunday and it's still full - which is what I believe is causing the whiff of something you get when you get off the elevator.

I really really had high expectations but was woefully disappointed. And please don't use pets as a reason for the filth in this room - if you allow pets, you should clean accordingly and really should have the room all tile versus carpeting.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear perfumegirl,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our beautiful lobby and welcoming staff, however extremely disappointed to learn about some of the negative experiences you had during your stay. We take the utmost pride in providing our guests and their pets with an exceptional experience and the cleanliness of our rooms is most certainly one of them. Thank you for providing us with incite regarding the tv remote, amount of bath towels in the room, kid menu food options, and other areas for improvement. Your feedback is truly essential in our effort to learn about the areas were we may have missed the mark. Please know your comments have been shared with all departments. Again, I am terribly sorry to hear your experience with us was not a normal representation of our property, and hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and be well.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Me and my sister in law spent 4 nights at the hotel, front desk service and concierge were both great! We were booked to have a 2 bedroom suite, when we got there, they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom suite. We ended up on the 17th floor with a gorgeous view of the marina! Room was wonderful, had a full kitchen (we bought groceries on our way from the airport and ate breakfast everyday in our room), spacious bathrooms and bedrooms, everything was clean and comfortable. We ate at the Nauti Mermaid and Pincher's Crab Shack that are on the property, both were great for a relaxed type meal, good food and service at both. Took the complimentary ferry to the beach one day, wonderful ride to the beach, just be sure to reserve your spot on the ferry the night before. Also did the sunset dolphin cruise, great experience!! We packed some snacks and drinks to take with us too. I would definitely recommend renting a car as it is a little out of the way, but with the car, we had no problems getting around. We will definitely be staying there again in the future!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Marina, they may all have that, but I am not sure!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jhmars
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear jhmars,

I am excited to read you enjoyed our staff and they were attentive to all of your needs. It’s also a pleasure to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning all of the great amenities our resort has to offer such as our fully appointed kitchens, spacious bedrooms and bathrooms, along with great on-site dining and our complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach. I can’t wait to welcome you back to The Westin Cape Coral for another wonderful stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#16 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!