“THE PERFECT GETAWAY !!!!!!!!!”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
chicago
“THE PERFECT GETAWAY !!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

As a lifetime SPG Platinum member, I have had the opportunity to stay at over 100 Starwood properties over the past 12 years - this hotel is by far one of the best !!!!

The hotel is located on a beautiful marina facing Fort Myers Beach. The spacious lobby is extremely appealing and inviting, with a 2 story ' waterfall', along with an extensive wall aquarium. The seating areas are very comfortable, with very high quality furnishings throughout.

I was provided with a wonderful suite, having an extensive screened-in balcony separating two bedrooms. It contained a separate fully-equipped, state-of-the art kitchen, along with a self-contained laundry room with washer and drier. The unit was very tastefully furnished, with high-end quality evident throughout, including the beautiful bathrooms.

There is a large fitness center located off the lobby and near the entrance to the pool area. It contains all of the modern equipment one could want or need. The swimming pool area is inviting, with majestic Royal Palms throughout. The dining area is modern and comfortable - the breakfast selections are great, with Chef Lonny being very creative. Ask for Emily or Linda as servers - both are wonderful and a great pleasure to see in the morning !!! (also, check out Josh's smile).

I felt very welcomed by the entire staff, all of whom provided very caring professional and friendly assistance - including James, Remy, Anna Marie, Erika, Laura, Lynn and Amber. Susan and Sherry in the Concierge area, are always willing to enthusiastically provide whatever service one needs. Also, try to meet Eric Ashton, the General Manager. He is always available to make sure that everything goes well.

I chose to use the Green Program available at Starwood properties, where you can receive points or cash vouchers to use toward dining, by not having the room serviced. The room cleaning staff on my floor were always very willing to provide whatever I needed, from extra towels to shampoo, etc.

Incidentally, there is a another very fine pool and fitness area that is available to guests, a very short walk from the main hotel building.

One final, but very important point for me, is that the hotel is wonderfully pet friendly. I travel with 2 dogs, Cirnecchi from Sicily, and everyone made them feel very welcome.

I look forward to many more wonderful stays in Cape Coral.

Room Tip: I believe most of the rooms face the Marina, which is both beautiful and tranquil.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank spgplatinumchicago
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear spgplatinumchicago,

It is always wonderful to hear from one of our platinum members. Thank you for being a member of the SPG program and for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts over the last 12 years. It is a pleasure to read your comments about your recent stay with us. Our team strives to make sure each and every one of our guests has a welcoming and memorable experience; from your review, it looks like our team did just that. Thank you again for your energizing comments. I will be sure to pass your praises along to each of the departments and associates you mentioned. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you and your two furry friends back soon for another heavenly stay.

Eric Ashton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Having read reviews on the hotel We were excited to be staying at the westin, however, on arrival we met a badly managed traffic queue to drop our cases, this didn't make us feel good about how the rest would go. The receptionist was second to non though (German guy) brilliant! so we were happy it was going to be great, to only find that all the other staff we met were surly, unhelpful and in fact at the naughty mermaid, totally incompetent. I hate to say that, but they were disinterested, got drinks wrong, made incorrectly when got right and took ages to even acknowledge your existence. A lot of people were having issues with this. Come in guys, this is a fantastic resort.. Get the staffing right and you're on a winner.
We used the pool away from the hotel as the main one was always full and is quite small, the second one quiet but lovely, we took the ferry to fort myers which is brilliant and recommend doing this. The room was pretty good so no complaints there. We were happy to move on....

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dutchy996_10
Dear Dutchy996_10,

I am grateful for your detailed feedback regarding our resort and restaurants as it allow us to learn more about the services we provided that were less than stellar and learn where we can improve. As a team, we are focused on taking care of our guests and providing them a memorable experience and I am saddened to learn of your disappointments with our restaurant. Your comments have been shared with the management staff. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again for a different experience.

massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I should have known from the moment I walked up to check in and was ignored that I picked the wrong hotel. The woman at the desk was not welcoming and it seemed as though I was bothering her ( checking in for my 5 night stay). Needless to say the next day I cut my visit short and switched hotels. I left my straightening iron and 2 brushes behind in the bathroom drawer by accident. When I call the next day to ask about this they told me nobody had turned them in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank me_shell219
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear me_shell219,

Thank you for expressing your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure each and every one of our guests’ feel welcome and at home when they walk through our doors. I am incredibly disappointed to learn we missed the mark during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing you feedback as this allows for us to better understand the areas in which may need more attention. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a better and much different experience.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

To the General Manager, Eric Ashton

I have stayed at other 4* resorts. Traveled around the world. I have never felt as stubbed as I do now.
After several attempts to reach Jenean by phone, left messages. She never returned my call.
So, I visited the hotel on my lunch break today. I am trying to redeem a travel voucher. The front receptionist was helpful. She phoned Jenean from the desk. No surprise she didn't answer... She offered to take a message back to her. Not very far away, she returned momentarily and said Jenean would call me today. Hmmm too busy to step away from the desk and see me...Never happened. Still waiting for the call.

She has my number, I have left it with her several times.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Fiddleplay
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Fiddleplay,

I am very sorry we were delayed in getting back to you regarding your certificate redemption; however I am happy to learn you have since spoken with our human resources coordinator. Thank you again for your comment and hope to see you enjoying time at our resort soon.

Watertown, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our six-night vacation did not begin propitiously. I booked a one-room suite for me, my husband, and my two teenagers. When we were all unpacked and settled, I pulled the cushions off the couch and realized it wasn't a fold-out. That was a bad moment, and the front desk was totally harrassed because it was spring break and they had no cots. It was hard not to feel upset--where did they THINK my kids would be sleeping--all four in one bed? They said the reservations person should never have booked that room for us.
But then it worked out. They drummed up a cot for one of the kids and the other slept on the couch the first night. And then the next day they upgraded us to a beautiful two-room suite. Thanks to Remy and James at the front desk for their help, and also to the nice blond woman whose name I'm afraid I missed.
Once we were settled into the new room, the hotel was wonderful. One slight downside is that you can really get caught in traffic driving off the cape to get to a restaurant or beach, but that's not the hotel's fault. Also--look for the second pool, which is a short walk down the drive from the main hotel property. Much less crowded.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Swills9283
Dear Swills9283,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It sounds as though you and your family really enjoyed yourselves. I am sorry to hear the wrong room type was originally booked, however thrilled to learn we were able to accommodate a bigger room on the following night. Thank you for mentioning some of our associates who made an impression during your stay. I will be sure to share your praises with them. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The Westin in Cape Coral is fantastic property. The rooms and suites are very roomy and comfortable. We have stayed in a one bedroom suite that had full kitchen, huge living space, bedroom and bathroom. The room also had washer and dryer. Great place to stay with kids. Our suite had lovely balcony overlooking river.
The staff at this hotel is amazing.
The area around hotel is very residential but there is enough to do in property.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank TheBeast667
Dear TheBeast667,

Thank you for your review of our resort. Our property is the perfect place for the whole family to enjoy and we are thrilled to hear you had a great time. I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the wonderful daily amenities offered to our guests, especially the Westin Kids Club which is perfect for our younger traveler’s age 4 to 12. Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. .

Camano Island, WA
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I had flown to south Florida for a friend's wedding in Palm Beach. Air fare was much cheaper into Ft Myers rather than Ft Lauderdale, so we decided to book the Westin Cape Coral Resort on points when we got in our first afternoon, and drive over the next day. Loved this place so much we extended our stay by one night here, and drove to Palm Beach on the afternoon of the wedding. Each of the rooms are one bedroom with living room and full kitchen, identical to a Westin timeshare! High end furniture, finishings, and lots of space. The staff, especially Anna Marie, who checked us in, were superb and very friendly. Room service was excellent (breakfast on the patio), bikes available for free to ride around the area, great family pool, and outstanding fitness room. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a water view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TMiller150
Dear TMiller150,

We are grateful for your review as we work hard each and every day to make sure our guests have a memorable experience. Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed our facility and associates. It is such a pleasure to read you extended your stay because of how much you were enjoying your time with us. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you back at our resort for another wonderful stay very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,183 reviews
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!