This was a very nicely decorated resort. It was calming, modern, stylish, overall just very pleasing to the eye. This, however, was a very expensive resort and I am not sure it was worth the money. My husband and I had just traveled for four hours after working all day at our jobs and all we wanted was to go to sleep. At 2:37 AM the smoke alarm batteries died and it started beeping. While, I understand this is not their fault, when I told them they said, "oh sorry, we'll send someone up." They didn't offer us anything for the inconvenience of being awoken at 2:37 AM. While we was there, the hotel was fairly empty, deserted even, yet the resort put us in a room directly next to the elevator so loud people woke us up constantly. Not sure I understood the logic there. I had the pleasure of being kept awake for an additional hour after the smoke alarm went off because loud drunk people were coming off the elevator. The view from our room was spectacular, but, I would have preferred not listening to drunk people ramble off and on of the elevator all night long. The third obnoxious thing that happened while we were there, was when my husband tried to iron his white button down for the funeral we were attending that day and the iron spit rusty water onto his shirt, ruining it. Again, nothing was offered for our trouble (they offered to have it dry cleaned but we were leaving the next day and wouldn't have been able to get it back in time).
This hotel is also not very centrally located. It is a bit of a drive from the main area of Cape Coral.
Now I know these are all random things that happened but it soured my experience, mostly because of the way the hotel handled the issues. I really don't think this hotel is worth the price. This was a very pricey hotel, especially for the area. My family and I wanted to stay somewhere nice because of the circumstances we were traveling under but I don't really see why this hotel was as pricey as it was. Next time I will save $60 a day and stay at the Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Villageoffers you all the amenities of Tarpon Point Marina including four star waterfront views, plus resort luxuries such as room service, housekeeping and concierge services. Experience flawless service in our sleek tower of guest rooms and suites with sweeping views of the Caloosahatchee River, San Carlos Bay and Gulf of Mexico. Our traditional rooms and our 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites range from 445 square feet to 2,195 square feet, with grand rooms, master suites, guest suites, and dining terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort At Marinavillage Hotel Cape Coral
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village Florida