When my husband and I first considered this property for a mini-vacation this month, we were a little put off by some of the negative reviews. We're so glad that we gave it a try. Westin has definitely hit its stride with this resort. All of the staff were cheerful and friendly. It was obvious that they enjoyed working there.
The hotel did not begin life as a Westin. It was originally built as a time share. The time share, adjacent marina, and condo community were victims of the downturn in the real estate market, going into receivership in 2010 to the tune of $339.6 million. Today, you wouldn't know it. Westin leases the property from the owner, and I hope that they continue to do so.
My husband, a Plantinum SPG member, was encouraged by his concierge to give the hotel a try. The concierge at the hotel, Shari, was very helpful in providing the phone number to the adjacent Tarpon Point Marina so that we could also make a reservation for a slip for our boat. The dockmaster at the marina could not have been more helpful. Susan, at the front desk, cheerfully and efficiently took care of a reservation issue we had.
We used our SPG points to book the reservation for one bedroom suite on the 17th floor. The bellman was very helpful and friendly, giving us tips on where to go in our boat during our stay. From the moment we walked into the lobby and smelled the signature Westin White Tea scent, we knew that life was about to get really good. Check in was a breeze. Our room could not have been more comfortable. There was a fully stocked kitchen, which included a full array of stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops; dining table that seated 6; and a very comfortably furnished living room with large, flat panel TV. The bedroom was spacious, light and cheerful. Our room was on the end, so we had extra windows. The bathroom included a small laundry closet with stacking washer and dryer, two sinks (one inside the bathroom proper, and one outside), and a walk in closet. The balcony was also comfortably furnished and extended the full width of both rooms. There was also a communicating door between our suite and the single room next door, and a communicating door to join the balconies. This would be great if traveling with children, or another couple. The sofa in the living room does not make into a bed.
The Nauti Mermaid Dockside Bar & Grill, adjacent to the pool, was a great place to spend happy hour outdoors overlooking the water. Our server, Javier, was excellent. There was live music on the weekend.
We ate breakfast every morning at the excellent Marker 92 restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel. The cheerful and efficient Amelia was our server most mornings.
There is a complimentary water taxi that goes from the hotel to Ft. Myers Beach. It leaves at 10:00 AM, docks at Nervous Nellies Restaurant, and leaves to head back to the hotel at 2:30 PM. The boat ride is enjoyable.
The only complaint I have of this hotel is the height of the makeup/shaving mirror at the vanity sink. It is the perfect height for someone who is no taller than 5'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Villageoffers you all the amenities of Tarpon Point Marina including four star waterfront views, plus resort luxuries such as room service, housekeeping and concierge services. Experience flawless service in our sleek tower of guest rooms and suites with sweeping views of the Caloosahatchee River, San Carlos Bay and Gulf of Mexico. Our traditional rooms and our 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites range from 445 square feet to 2,195 square feet, with grand rooms, master suites, guest suites, and dining terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort At Marinavillage Hotel Cape Coral
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village Florida