The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Orlando, Florida
“Our new fav”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at the Westin last week and ended up falling in love with the resort. We have stayed at many of the Westins in Florida and have been wanting to try this one out. If your looking for a relaxing getaway this is the place to go. We were upgraded to a suite and loved it. There is so much room in the 1 bedroom suites and it felt like our own private condo.The porch is huge and we overlooked the quiet mangroves and water. They have free bikes you can take out throughout the property/neighborhood. My wife had her power scooter and ran out of battery about a 1/4 lie away from the property and Westin's valet in his golf cart was too her rescue! There are several pools on property. The 1st one is behind the main building. Its not very big but we preferred to relax at the private pools across the street. There is a lap pool and another very nice pool next to it and it has a weight room and restrooms. There are also grills to cook. We loved hanging out there and the first day we were the only ones there. We were in heaven. We always ate on property too. The food was great. I saw some of the reviews being negative but we ate every meal there and never had anything we didn't love. The groper sandwich was amazing. They also have a band on weekends at the outside bar. There is a chain restaurant next to the resort and they have a great happy hour for oysters/shrimp/clams. We snacked there one night and then ate our main dinner at the Westin. We always ate outside but the inside restaurant is really nice. The marina is open to the public to walk around and its a fun place to walk around after dinner.Overall we loved this property and will be back very soon.

Room Tip: We loved the view over the mangroves
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chevelletodd72
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear chevelletodd72,

I am pleased to learn about your relaxing stay at our resort. It is such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed our 1-bedroom suite, pools, and on-site dining restaurants Marker 92 and The Nauti Mermaid. Thank you for being a loyal guest of Westin Hotels and Resorts and for coming to check us out! We hope to see you at The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village again soon!

Be Well,
Eric Ashton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
St. Johns, FL
Reviewed 21 June 2014

When my husband and I first considered this property for a mini-vacation this month, we were a little put off by some of the negative reviews. We're so glad that we gave it a try. Westin has definitely hit its stride with this resort. All of the staff were cheerful and friendly. It was obvious that they enjoyed working there.

The hotel did not begin life as a Westin. It was originally built as a time share. The time share, adjacent marina, and condo community were victims of the downturn in the real estate market, going into receivership in 2010 to the tune of $339.6 million. Today, you wouldn't know it. Westin leases the property from the owner, and I hope that they continue to do so.

My husband, a Plantinum SPG member, was encouraged by his concierge to give the hotel a try. The concierge at the hotel, Shari, was very helpful in providing the phone number to the adjacent Tarpon Point Marina so that we could also make a reservation for a slip for our boat. The dockmaster at the marina could not have been more helpful. Susan, at the front desk, cheerfully and efficiently took care of a reservation issue we had.

We used our SPG points to book the reservation for one bedroom suite on the 17th floor. The bellman was very helpful and friendly, giving us tips on where to go in our boat during our stay. From the moment we walked into the lobby and smelled the signature Westin White Tea scent, we knew that life was about to get really good. Check in was a breeze. Our room could not have been more comfortable. There was a fully stocked kitchen, which included a full array of stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops; dining table that seated 6; and a very comfortably furnished living room with large, flat panel TV. The bedroom was spacious, light and cheerful. Our room was on the end, so we had extra windows. The bathroom included a small laundry closet with stacking washer and dryer, two sinks (one inside the bathroom proper, and one outside), and a walk in closet. The balcony was also comfortably furnished and extended the full width of both rooms. There was also a communicating door between our suite and the single room next door, and a communicating door to join the balconies. This would be great if traveling with children, or another couple. The sofa in the living room does not make into a bed.

The Nauti Mermaid Dockside Bar & Grill, adjacent to the pool, was a great place to spend happy hour outdoors overlooking the water. Our server, Javier, was excellent. There was live music on the weekend.

We ate breakfast every morning at the excellent Marker 92 restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel. The cheerful and efficient Amelia was our server most mornings.

There is a complimentary water taxi that goes from the hotel to Ft. Myers Beach. It leaves at 10:00 AM, docks at Nervous Nellies Restaurant, and leaves to head back to the hotel at 2:30 PM. The boat ride is enjoyable.

The only complaint I have of this hotel is the height of the makeup/shaving mirror at the vanity sink. It is the perfect height for someone who is no taller than 5'.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the water. Obviously, the higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MGPenny
Dear Penny L,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the resort and your room had everything you needed while staying with us. Thank you for being detailed in your feedback and informing us and other TripAdvisor readers some of the great benefits of our resort. Thank you for also mentioning some of our associates who made an impression during your stay. I will certainly share your praises with Sherry, Susan, Javier, Amelia, and the rest of the team. I hope to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Be well,
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a day on our way back to miami from sanibel island. We stayed in a two room suite that was amazing. Two huge bedrooms, unbelievable bathrooms, a large living room, dining room, kitchen and a large balcony overlooking the marina. It was very clean, the beds were so comfortable and the service amazing. The pool was very nice. They had a nice pool bar with service. We spent a couple of hours just walking around the marina and the grounds. Highly recommend if your in the area,

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Vicki H,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Cape Coral on your trip back to Miami. I am delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable time exploring our property. Thank you for reviewing our spacious suites, heavenly beds, and the service provided by our associates. I hope to welcome you back again soon for a longer stay so you can enjoy the all of the wonderful amenities our resort has to offer.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Haywards Heath
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Having never been to this part of Florida before, I wasn't entirely sure where I should stay and where would be a good choice. I was pleased with my selection of the Westin Cape Coral Resort.

The resort is a little tricky to find, but once I had navigated my way through Cape Coral, I found the entrance. This is very much a resort complex - there are condos, shops, a marina and the Westin. I parked in the multi-level car park and checked in.

My room was on the 12th floor. I'd describe the view as a swamp view - not bad but not an view over the marina and toward the ocean. The room featured a balcony which was sealed with a mesh mosquito screen. The screen was affixed firmly and there was no way for bugs to enter. It made photos a challenge, but also meant one could spend a civilised evening the balcony watching the dusk with a cool drink.

The room was a standard hotel room featuring Westin's signature Heavenly beds - very comfortable. Towels were plentiful, seemed new and fluffy, and in room amenities were good. A nice touch was proper mugs for the coffee maker rather than the prevelent paper cups, and a bottle opener to take caps off bottles of beer.

The whole hotel area is clean and well presented. There is a small pool in the hotel itself, and the hotel also has an additional leisure centre about five minutes walk across the grounds. This has nicer pools in my opinions, but lacks the marina view of the main hotel pool. But it is far quieter.

The marina and grounds are fascinating and one can walk around the arena at will. There are some very expensive boats moored. There is a small shopping area, and a couple of restaurants although I did not sample them other than the hotel restaurant (Marker92) for breakfast.

One point of chagrin that I often has is the dreaded resort fee, which this property levies. For me, I probably got value. I used towels, am not an SPG elite member so benefited from the wifi, and I had a car to park. But if I had been an SPG elite member, the fee would have left a taste in the mouth as benefits of the fee (which is mandatory) would have been diluted. I'd rather the 'extras' just formed part of the room charge.

But that was a minor point. Another minor point was that although I paid for a rate including breakfast, this actually means you get a coupon to the value of $18. And this gets you very little - a coffee, bacon and eggs was it. A buffet would work so well here, but the property only serve breakfast a la carte. The food was good and the service excellent however.

I cannot fault the service - from the ladies who served me at breakfast, through to the brilliant James Garlinghouse who checked me in and out, and had boundless energy, and a contagious enthusiasm for the property.

A buffet breakfast and the wrapping of resort fees into the room rates would probably have meant a 5 start award. But this property is still firmly recommended and if back in the area, I will likely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Wildthing271,

Reviews like the one you shared are very appreciative. We are grateful for your detailed feedback regarding our resort as it allows us to learn more about the wonderful amenities and services we provide that were positive as well as ways we can improve. As a team, we are focused on taking care of our guests and providing them a memorable experience and I am excited to learn you had a pleasant time with us. I will certainly keep your suggestions about a breakfast buffet and the resort fee bundled into the price for future improvements. I hope to welcome you back again soon for another stay soon.

Be Well,
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 18 June 2014

During our business trip we went to Cape Coral to stay at this resort. This was a last minute decision. The hotel offered us a 2 bedroom suite on top floor waterfront for a very good price.
The facility , staff etc was all very nice. Highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Waterfront view of bay & marina
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear RNBOATER,

I am delighted you found our resort to be a good value. Thank you for your review of our resort and staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future for another trip whether business or leisure.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've stayed at this resort for a couple of times, we've even been there before the Westin moved into it.
The rooms are huge and the sight is wonderful over the Tarpon Point Marina and the ocean.
The staff is getting better as they had some problems with the start of the Westin Resort.

They have a complimentary boat shuttle to Fort Myers available every day, because there is no beach around. The boat shuttle is a great solution!

There is a really good fish restaurant which isn't expansiv at all in the Marina, called Pintchers Crab Shack. We have been there a lot during the daily happy hour ;)

A big minus goes to the so called "social area" with the lagoon pool, tennis courts, swimmers pool,... It's not hotel owned. You have to go there across some streets. There is a community around the social area which it belongs to. Means that there are people around, living there with kids, having barbecue, events. The vacation feeling stops at this point.

Considering all of the above, the Westin Resort is a nice hotel for a offshore weekend trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank StevenMikeSebastian
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear StevenMikeSebastian,

Guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. We are very sorry you did not feel our social pavilion lived up to your expectations and will certainly keep your suggestions in mind as we improve our future offerings. I am glad to learn the rest of your stay with us was a great experience. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our resort. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Be Well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel although the area is very quiet. If you want peace and relaxation this hotel is the perfect place. You can hear a pin drop. If you're looking for spring break type of fun you gonna have to drive a few miles to find that.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Donna T,

I am delighted you found our resort to be a great place to stay for a vacation with pure relaxation and renewal. Thank you for mentioning our cleanly resort as our associates work hard each and every day to ensure guests satisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Be Well, Eric Ashton General Manager
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,183 reviews
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!