“sorta upscale”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
north fort myers, fl
“sorta upscale”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The place was very nice, rooms are spacious. Starbucks coffee in the rooms was a nice effect. I think the staff should instruct new guests how to use the air conditioner in the room. Front desk staff especially Erika were professional and helpful. Erika made sure she mentioned and signed me up for their rewards program. The pool area was nice as well as the staff that worked out there. First time there, attended a wedding, would probably stay there again,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear camch,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us during a recent wedding at our resort. I’m glad to learn you liked our spacious rooms and Starbucks coffee. Thank you for mentioning one of our associated that stood out during your recent stay with us. I will certainly share your praises with Erika and her supervisor. Thank you for also mentioning a great tip about the air conditioner that I will certainly share with our front desk associates.

Eric Ashton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Polish first
Setauket, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Beautiful views of the water in Cape Coral. Extremely clean and comfortable rooms with screened in lanai. You won't want to leave this resort with the pool overlooking the water and marina! Very accommodating staff will keep you happy here!

Room Tip: Full kitchens available! Views are better from higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy T
Dear kbtjewels,

I agree, you won’t want to leave our resort once you’re here. With our spacious suites, gorgeous waterfront views, endless list of amenities and resort activities, we are certainly a perfect vacation spot for guests of all types. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our resort. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon!

Lutz, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Let me start my review by saying that the first thing that my wife and I did after we returned home was to book another weekend here. This hotel is a little bit in the middle of nowhere, at a very nice upscale marina. We stayed in a king suite, which was awesome. Full kitchen, including stove full size refrigerator, microwave, etc. Very nice screened in balcony which spanned the living room and the bedroom that overlooked the river and mangroves. Fixtures were very nice, the hotel was very quiet. The staff was not only helpful, but very polite and answered all of our questions. I have read some reviews here that complained about the property maintenance and housekeeping, I didn't experience any of that. Amenities were nice, the on site pool was a little small for such a big property. If you are looking to go to the beach, there is a daily, free of charge boat shuttle to Ft Myers beach. The boat is very nice and clean and the staff is superb. The only drawback is the limited time at the beach. We docked about 11:00 AM and the return trip leaves at 2:00 PM. Other than that, great time. Going back in about 6 weeks. FYI, my review may be a little skewed, the week before we had a terrible experience at a Hilton property that was twice as expensive. Sorry it this is a rambling review, don't do this often.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Russell H
Dear Russell H,
Thank you for sharing your awesome feedback with us. I am excited to learn that not only did you have a great stay, but that you already booked your next one with us! It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed our 1 Bedroom Suite with all of the in-room amenities as well as our complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach. Thank you for also mentioning our polite staff that answered all of your questions during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again in a few short weeks. See you soon!

Fair Lawn
Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a disappointment! Although imposing in structure with a Las Vegas lobby and unbelievably beautiful room views, Westin should be ashamed of this hotel's lack of cleanliness and sloppy maintenance.

My wife and I checked in for three nights and were at first delighted by the modern décor, comfortable beds and beautiful terrace view in our two bed standard room. And then the trouble started! Our toilet was clogged- maintenance came with a plunger while we were out of the room. The toilet still didn't work. Maintenance came again- the toilet still didn't flush. We didn't even mind that the plug didn't work by the bedside and the makeup mirror was loose from its connection to the wall. But by 5:30 when our room wasn't cleaned and apparently was not going to be cleaned that day, we had enough! After complaining to the manager, we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the 14th floor.
Yes, the suite was beautiful BUT housekeeping had not removed a trash bag full of beer cans and garbage from the pervious guests. The dead bolt to the room couldn't lock so security was minimal at best. And the hallways are just plain dirty! During the three days of our stay, food take-out cartons and empty soda cups were never removed from the cigarette stands by the elevators. Who is minding the store here??
Although the staff, receptionists and managers are very friendly and apologize profusely for the issues mentioned, they just don't have a handle on the housekeeping and maintenance departments. What a shame because the hotel has such potential- Westin needs to pay attention to this property before it becomes more of a liability than an asset to the chain. I come frequently to the Cape Coral area but I don't intend to return to this resort because it is simply not a clean hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PrincipalTraveler
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear PrioncipalTraveler,

Thank you for expressing your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear of your experience and ensure you that what you described is not a common happening at our resort. We take the utmost pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience and the cleanliness of our resort is most certainly one of them. Your comments have been shared with all departments. Again, I am terribly saddened to hear your experience with us was not a memorable one; however I hope you will allow us another opportunity to stay with us in the future for a much different experience. Thank you again for your feedback and be well.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I reviewed this hotel in June of 2012. I have been back several times since then, and I have always been impressed - until now.
I am not sure what has happened. I thought my room was nice and clean until my toddler grand-daughter crawled under the bed to retrieve a toy and came out covered in dust and hair!
I looked under and was horrified. The carpet under the beds had not seen a vacuum for a very long time! Also, the next morning there were bags of garbage lying in the hallway and they were still there later the same evening, by which time the birds had pecked through the plastic and spread everything all over!. The restaurant (Marker 92) has changed it's menu, and now has very limited choices. On the good side, the staff are as friendly as ever and in general it is still a nice resort. I just wonder why they have allowed things like maintenance standards to slip.
They are really not on their game. I hope they get their act together, as I really enjoy staying there and I would like to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side, overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank njhounds
Dear njhounds,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the resort. While I am thankful you have chosen to stay with us time and time again, I am disappointed that your last experience with us was unsatisfactory.

I have taken your feedback to Housekeeping in regards to the cleanliness of the guestroom and where we missed the mark. I do hope that you will stay with us again as this is not a true representation of our resort and the product and service we are known to have. Thank you again for your comments.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin for a long weekend. We brought our boat and kept it at the marina next door. What a wonderful relaxing vacation. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite on the 12th floor. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

Room Tip: Would recommend getting a room that overlooks the pool and the river.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Beverly C
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Beverly C,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our resort and our associates were able to assist you during your stay. Thank you for also mentioning your experience about coming to our resort by boat. This is another great feature our resort has to offer that I am pleased to learn was a great experience. Thank you for your review. I hope to welcome you back again to The Westin Cape Coral again soon.

Be Well,
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed for a week for a relaxing vacation and we could not have been happier! Justin greeted us before we got to the door, took our luggage, and showed us too the front desk. We were warmly greeted, then it room was immediately upgraded too a suite! It was so beautiful! I have never stayed in a prettier room. It was fully stocked, the bathroom amenities were fantastic, and I can't go on enough about the balcony! It was huge! Fortunately it was screened in, because there was a tropical storm, and it did rain for a good portion of our stay. But there were activities, a spa, and fitness center, plus shopping, so we were never bored. I can't wait to go back with my husband! A beautiful hotel in a location!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Stantonfan1
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Stantonfan1,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. I am so happy to read you and your daughter enjoyed your time with us. I’m thrilled you were able to find plenty of things to do at our resort while the weather was not cooperating. We have countless amenities for everyone to enjoy even on those rainy days. I hope to welcome you back soon along with your husband and daughter.

Be Well, Eric Ashton General Manager
#17 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Dolphin Key Resort
Dolphin Key Resort
#5 of 6 in Cape Coral

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!