“nice to have a touch of home”
Review of Leone Italian Food Specialty - CLOSED

Leone Italian Food Specialty
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This is a small Italian deli and specialty shop which is off the beaten path but the food is fantastic and like homemade. They also serve excellent Pizza and subs at lunch and going there is like visiting a small Italian deli in the cities of the Northeast
Reviewed 3 March 2013

the food and hospitality are supurb the family goes out of there way to accomadate you , its nice to find a place like this that reminds one of home

Reviewed 28 February 2013

best pizza,best soups,best beef sandwiches,best sausage,best meatballs, best cannoli's,best people. you become one of the family they make you feel welcome.
cash or check only

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I graduated H.S. in 1972. Why does that matter?

Because Leone's brings back memories for me. ( BTW...I grew up in Chicago, and Leone's is proud of their N.Y. CITY heritage... atmosphere seems the same to me!)

I will rate the atmosphere as tops, for those under 30 they probably would disagree.

They have a decent amount of seating inside, not waitresses, you get your food at the register and can sit inside at picnic type tables if you so desire.

Even though the place is showing it's age, (that's what helps bring the memories back) it is CLEAN inside.

As far as the food, GREAT STUFF, fair prices!

If you are in Cape Coral and don't mind a bit of difficulty finding the place, it IS worth your time.

MOST OF ALL...MAMA LEONE IS A TREASURE! Be sure to say hello to her, if you are 50+, meeting her will put a SMILE on your face! If you are under 30, she will be a glimpse of the past....they don't make them like her anymore.

1  Thank Rich L
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My wife and I were referred to Leone's by a cab driver. He said that if you're looking for pizza a visit to Leone's would be well worth it. To say that it was worth it would severely discount the fact that even though the pizza probably is some of the best I have ever tasted everything else that we tried on the menu is equally as amazing. Everything is homemade. And I mean everything. Even the sausage.
We had a couple of subs the first time we went in. I had the spicy sausage...absolutely delicious. While we were eating Mama Leone asked us if we would like to try a meatball. Well she brought out three or four drenched in her sauce at no charge to us. All I could say was WOW to that flavor. Well we realized that we were on to something.
Liked it so much that we came back the next day to try the Lentil soup for lunch. Wow was that good. She gives you huge portions too. She could charge a lot more if she wanted but refuses to do that. We came back the next day for lasagna. Most people know decent lasagna when they taste it. After the first bite I quickly realized that this is not your average. Every bite was like an explosion of flavor. It's her sauce. As the title says...simply amazing. And then, oh yeah...the pizza. Her son knows how to make a mean pie. Done exactly the way I like it.
The other thing that makes Leone's so special is from the minute we first walked through that door Mama Leone made us feel as if we were long time friends or perhaps even family. We had the pleasure of getting to know her a little with each trip there. She's a wonderful lady! This is a woman straight from Italy. Accent and all. We said goodbye to her at the end of our vacation and she gave us a big hug and a kiss and told us that she loved us as if we were her children. We will be back and I cant wait to see her again and taste all that truly great Italian food.

2  Thank Benjamin D
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Leone's makes you feel special as soon as you walk in the door. You become family as soon as you become a customer. The food is homemade and amazing.

1  Thank Jennifer C