“You Have To Visit”
Review of Leone Italian Food Specialty - CLOSED

Leone Italian Food Specialty
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This is a small Italian deli and specialty shop which is off the beaten path but the food is fantastic and like homemade. They also serve excellent Pizza and subs at lunch and going there is like visiting a small Italian deli in the cities of the Northeast
“You Have To Visit”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It may be a little hard to find but it is well worth the trip. I have had lunch there only a couple of times, pizza to be exact, and it was great! But if you like Italian food, this is the place to find it. Keep in mind that everything that you see is homemade from scratch. I usually get several of the items from the case to take home which could be meatballs, sausage, lasagna or the homemade soups to name a few. The place is not fancy but Mama Leone makes you feel right at home and treats you like you were part of her family. You can't go wrong here...you have to check it out.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Jacques F

Fort Myers, Florida
“The Luck of The Draw”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Since it was 12:30 and we had just got done talking to an insurance agent, we ask him where he would recommend we go to lunch. He named 3 restaurants in close proximity but commented that in his opinion the best was Leone's. My, was he right. The only reason I did not rate this as excellent was the fact that they do not take charge cards, plus the atmosphere was not your conventional sit down fare. After placing our order at the front counter, we sat down at a long table that seated perhaps 16, to wait until they brought our food. It seemed like a very popular place to eat since there were a lot of people present. If I rated it on the food alone, it deserved above an excellent! I ordered the eggplant. Three large pieces of eggplant were laid on a large oval platter type dish with plenty of sauce and cheese. My husband ordered their sausage sandwich and commented that it was up there with the best he's tasted. I was told by Leone that everything was made fresh that day. She was a very personable host. The food prices are reasonable. They even have a refrigerated case where you can see some made to order items next to olives, cheeses, etc.. While were we there many orders of take out were being picked up. I'm looking forward to trying the lasagna the next time!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Michelemerlot
New York City, New York
“Seek this little gem out!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My son and I visited Cape Coral last week to visit my dad who live nearby. I like to find little out of the way places that offer good food and an authentic experience if I can. So I read about this little place here on Trip Advisor and set out to find it.

Luckily we had the ol' GPS in the rental car, as it's in a fairly out of the way location....but boy, am I glad we made the effort. When we were getting out of the car I front of the non-descript storefront, we could already hear Mama Leone, in full Italian accent, bantering loudly with other customers....being Italian American, I instantly knew we were in for a treat.

All the food is made fresh, and there are a variety of sandwiches and plates to choose from, all very moderately priced, I had the fresh made ravioli - delicious! My son had the lasagna, which he inhaled. And my father and his wife had the eggplant parmigiana....also great We also had a very nice antipasto to start.

The sauce was awesome. If I lived there I would definitely buy it myself (which you can, by the quart). It is NY quality - and I say that with no hesitation. As someone who loathes chain-style Italian restaurants, or industrial-prepared sauce, I can say that this sauce is worthy of the family Sunday table, it brought back the childhood memories.

Mama is such a character too! She completes the experience! All three generations agreed!

We'll definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank BobRen62
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great Place for Italian Lunch”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I recently went to Leone's with my girlfriends so that we could sit and chat. This is a deli/luncheonette place. They have several long tables in the middle of the store where many people can sit - very casual. You order the food up front and then it is delivered to your seat. The food was wonderful - nice, homemade Italian. I had the Meatball Parmesan sandwich - it was soooooo good! Also very large - wrapped up half to bring home for another meal. Others had different hot sandwiches and salads. The antipasta salad was also huge. The special of the day was lasagna - enough to feed a family on one plate!! While no one tried the pizza, I saw others with it and it looked tasty. Plan to go back with my husband and try the pizza.

If you are in the mood for a simple, delicious Italian food, try Leone's - and you can shop in the deli while you are there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Suzy_Florida08
“Home made Italian”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

I had an excellent Greek salad and a very tasty pizza slice. Mama leone is an authentic Italian cook. Everything is homemade. It is also an Italian grocery.

• Visited June 2013