“Roast Beef SANDWICH”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

All our visits to Mell's consist of a roast beef sandwich.When ever we want a good roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy Mell's is the place.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We ate here twice on our recent vacation to Cape Coral. The service was great along with the food. My parents had country fried steak, which was huge and a very good deal. I had the fish fry and my husband and son had the hamburgers. The desserts were just ok, but the milkshakes were great! We will definetly go back on our next trip!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Mel's Diner offers fantastic ambiance in a family setting. Their menu is huge and offers variety to suit everyone. I had the grilled shrimp, very delicious! The shrimp were cleaned and deviened too, yah!! Others had the prime rib, salmon and tuna wrap - all said everything was excellent! Good prices so it's definitely affordable for a family too.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Breafast food for brunch. A good wat to start the day. Others in the party ate off the lunch menu. Everyone enjoyed the meal. The unsweet ice tea was excellent. I have yet been to a resturant, have excellent tea, then bad food. Good tea, usually equals good food. Had eggs, hash, and excellent Key Lime Pie. The wife had a very good sizable bannana split. They also advertise the world's smallest icecream sundae.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Mel's always seems to be packed when driving by which must mean it's good, right? It is! We stopped in for a late lunch and was able to get in right away - most times it seems that there are people waiting outside to get in.

The menu is filled with great sounding dishes but the fish sandwich sounded good to me. I could have used help eating it because it was gigantic! The filet was breaded and fried to perfection and served on a nice toasted hoagie roll with tarter sauce and a side of fries. I decided to forgo the roll and just eat the fish filet - which I barely managed to finish!

My hubby had the Turkey Bacon Club, which was also huge and served with fries. He enjoyed it very much.

If you like the diner atmosphere and good down home cooked food - Mel's is a great place to go! For us, it's a plus that you can get a cold beer or glass of wine with your food!

1  Thank Debbie H