“Needs work! Came at a bad time.”
Review of Pho Vinh - CLOSED

Pho Vinh
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Let me start by saying my husband and I have eaten at many a different Vietnamese restaurants from Ft Myers all the way to Orlando. Plus I grew up on Vietnamese restaurants. This place needs work. . Let me start with the service. Our server was very friendly, but forgot to fill my water glass up after she told me she would be right back with more water. Another waitress came to fill it. (It sat empty so long my husband offered to let me drink his.) There menu was very limited a the time because (we were told) the chef moved away. All the stir fried dishes were taken off the menu. This included the fried rice! What kind of a Vietnamese restaurant doesn't have fried rice?! My poor husband had his heart set on it. He ALWAYS orders this at every Vietnamese restaurant we go to. So he ordered braised pork over vermicelli noodles. I ordered the Pho Beef soup. For an appetizer we shared a Banh mi sandwich. The Banh Mi was the best we have ever eaten. It was spicy and warm. Just the way we like it. My soup was okay I have had better. My husband's food had the same pork as the sandwich, which was okay with him, but his noodles came out cold. Since this was new dish for him to try, we weren't sure if the noodles were supposed to be cold so we didn't say a word. Pho Vinh has potential to be a great place, but they need to add more to the menu and hire a new chef.

Tammy T, Owner at Pho Vinh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you Berrycinnamon for your feedback. For a diner who has been to many Vietnamese restaurants in the area, we are glad you enjoyed the Banh Mi sandwich!

Being in an area where Vietnamese food is still new, we decided to keep our concept and menu a little different than other Vietnamese restaurants from larger cities. However, we've been adding new items slowly as our cuisine becomes more familiar to Southwest Florida.

As for your husband's Braised Pork entree, if he ordered it over the Noodle-Salad, the noodles would have cooled down a bit since they are served over cold shredded lettuce and cucumbers. If he chose just Noodles, then it should have been warm. If this was the case, we apologize for the error.

Again, thank you for your time providing feedback and we hope you have a great weekend!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

visited for a while and enjoyed the food and servce was fantistic and the restraunt is growing well there was nothing to dislike there the food is great

1  Thank pdpgk
Tammy T, Manager at Pho Vinh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you Pdpgk for your feedback and your patronage at Pho Vinh! We are glad you have been able to watch us grow over the years. Have a great weekend and see you soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

These folks are doing good things with food. Homemade noodles and broth with fresh, simple ingredients makes Pho Vinh one of my favorite places to eat out. For around $10 (or even less), you can have a hearty bowl filled with chicken, beef, pork, or veggies and leave feeling satisfied. The broth they make from scratch is the ultimate elixir and the noodles are so satisfying. A side plate stacked with limes, basil, and bean sprouts add additional freshness and crunch. A must try!

1  Thank tastytravels65
Tammy T, Owner at Pho Vinh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you Tastytravels65 for your descriptive review and continued patronage to Pho Vinh. We appreciate your support and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I didn't like it the first time, which I figured out was because I don't like basil but I didn't know that yet. Ever since I have loved it! We go there all the time. Decently priced and delicious. The same girl is always working there and is very nice. The pho soup is so good and there's lots of choices for toppings. I don't want to move to Fort Myers cause it'll be too far away from pho :(

Tammy T, Owner at Pho Vinh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you Maryceiba for your feedback! Fort Myers is not THAT far from the Cape... :-) We'll have to work on opening another location in Fort Myers then, huh? When that does happen, we'll definitely let you and the other PHO-nomenal fans know! Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

The food is fresh and hot- even the small pho is way more than I can eat. I like the lower calorie Joe's pho- which subs. cabbage or other veggies for the noodles. I like it hot, so add lots of sirhachi to it, even dipping the chicken and vegies into it. For take out they put ingredients in seperate containers, so you can put it together at home. They did raise their prices slightly, but, they are still reasonable for the serving. The restaurant is clean and neat; the servers friendly, and will show first timers how to eat it.

1  Thank rlumenator
Tammy T, Owner at Pho Vinh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you Rlumenator for your feedback! We are glad to be here to satisfy your taste buds and tummy with hot Pho soup. It's great to see more and more people try our low-carb Pho option filled with vegetables. We hope you have a great weekend and will see you soon!