“Best Fish n Chips in SW Florida!”

Pete's Fish and Chips
Ranked #8 of 431 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast food
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just felt compelled to write a review. Have been searching for great fish and chips in SW Florida for 10+ years we have been down here, and finally found them. My fiancé doesn't even like fish, but tried and said he loved it! The batter is crispy and tasty, the restaurant is quaint (serves beer and wine), the kitchen and dining area are very clean, and the owners are a delight. We've been by a few times and the quality is the same. Prices are not bad at all - very affordable for a night out. You can get one fish piece for $5.99 or $10+ for a meal (which I could not eat the whole thing of). Fish is fresh and flaky...you won't be disappointed! Congratulations on winning Trip Advisor award of excellence!

2  Thank Denise M

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My hubby and I had lunch at Pete's today and we will be regulars!

We've always liked fish and chips with Malt Vinegar but one taste of Pete's tartar sauce and that became our choice of sauce. No that the fish needed any sauce - the big juicy filets were perfectly cooked and delicious! The chips could have been a little more crispy but other than that, no complaints!

The restaurant is spotless. The counter wait staff - today it was Diane - was wonderful. Liked the fact that they only played British bands music. All in all, a great experience!

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is the best fish and chips I've ever tasted. It's way too expensive, so I can only afford to go on special occasions. You have to get a large piece of the fish if you want to get filled. It taste very fresh and is cooked to perfection. It's the "filet mignon" of fish.

My only other complaint besides the price is they serve you the fish on top of the fries in a very small basket. So it's hard to eat your food.

Put it on a plate and lower your prices please. But I can also understand the high prices given the quality of the food.

2  Thank L33990
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As a British ex-pat now living in Florida, I was delighted to discover 'Pete's Fish & Chips' in my hometown of Cape Coral. My husband and I went there with friends of ours, an American couple. Without exception, we were all thoroughly impressed with the standard of food, and as a Brit I could confirm that this British family business finally brings REAL fish and chips to the US!
Wine and beer also available, plus some other British food products. Can't wait for our return visit!

2  Thank thewave2000
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just had some of Pete's and really enjoyed it. I've had fish & chips all over the country and world and Pete's is ranked right up there. Great quality of food, fast, fresh and clean. In fact, Pete's is one of only, only 37 restaurants in the whole state of FL that in their recent food/restaurant inspection there was no findings. 0. Goose egg. Nil. Way to go Pete's. This is worth a check out and give it a try. I will be going back.

2  Thank Jeff H