“Not Worth It At All For What You Paid”

Pete's Fish and Chips
Ranked #8 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast food
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Pete is a British guy who apparently has found a niche market that works for him. We had only been there once before. We all got the regular size fish and chips, which was in reality a small order but we paid $11.00 a person and it was only worth Seven dollars at best. For eleven dollars I got one average size piece of fish which was greasy and tasted fresh but not anything special. I get a better deal down the street every month for $7.95 and get better and more fish for it. The redeeming thing about our visit was that the chips (fries) were good.

Pete seemed to be a little rude this visit but his wife was friendly. Pete, you could do a lot more business if you gave people their money's worth.

I feel like I got ripped off. I would not go back unless he changed this restaurant totally. That includes the prices.

Like so many in this part of Florida, they don't seem to care. They seem to be doing it for a hobby and don't really care to make money at it. That's why they don't care if they have few customers.

2  Thank Sonny D

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife always gets the Fish and Chips and I always get the Shrimp Wrap. They are so good we have never tried anything else. They owners are very friendly and the restaurant is always clean. You cannot go wrong trying Pete's. You'll likely to become "regulars" because you'll want to go back over and over.

Pat and Debbie

1  Thank padest
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stopped in for a casual dinner. The shop is simple. Not even glasses for your drinks. Had Fish and Chips and Shrimp and Chips and we shared. The food was cooked to order. It was plentiful, hot and delicious. I would have liked to see some of the decorations a little cleaner but understand when you fry that is the challenge. I would definitely go back especially for the LARGE shrimp.

1  Thank roofwaffe
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just felt compelled to write a review. Have been searching for great fish and chips in SW Florida for 10+ years we have been down here, and finally found them. My fiancé doesn't even like fish, but tried and said he loved it! The batter is crispy and tasty, the restaurant is quaint (serves beer and wine), the kitchen and dining area are very clean, and the owners are a delight. We've been by a few times and the quality is the same. Prices are not bad at all - very affordable for a night out. You can get one fish piece for $5.99 or $10+ for a meal (which I could not eat the whole thing of). Fish is fresh and flaky...you won't be disappointed! Congratulations on winning Trip Advisor award of excellence!

2  Thank Denise M
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My hubby and I had lunch at Pete's today and we will be regulars!

We've always liked fish and chips with Malt Vinegar but one taste of Pete's tartar sauce and that became our choice of sauce. No that the fish needed any sauce - the big juicy filets were perfectly cooked and delicious! The chips could have been a little more crispy but other than that, no complaints!

The restaurant is spotless. The counter wait staff - today it was Diane - was wonderful. Liked the fact that they only played British bands music. All in all, a great experience!

1  Thank Debbie H