“Great staff and good value”

Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Great staff and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great people working here and took the time to explain the area and give recommendations. The hotel itself is a tad dated but very charming and on the water canals. Awesome pool and great budget for a trip. It's not for high maintenance people expecting the Presidential Suite at the Ritz, but great for the casual traveler.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank tiffthadog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Rooms are very run down and old. Our room was filthy - the bedding had yellow stains and multiple cigarette burns. The mirror and windows had sticky finger prints all over them and when we went to read the room information book it was covered in a thick layer of dust. At check in they charged our room to my credit card even though I had prepaid through Orbitz and it took several visits to the front desk before I was reimbursed. Breakfast was included but very minimal - a few cereals and some yogurts.
The pool area was Ok and you can walk to the restaurants, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah R

Travellers are raving about these Cape Coral hotels

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is an awesome motel! When we checked in, someone let slip it was my 50th birthday. We were upgraded to a two room suite complete with full kitchen with full sized fridge, stove and dishwasher (yes, DISHWASHER!). Dual patios, nice sized rooms, Continental Breakfast every day, and convienient location! Never had a problem with the personnel there. The staff was friendly, and very outgoing! When we return to Cape Coral, we will definately be staying at the Casa Loma hotel again. The price was outstanding for the room! The overall cleanliness and comfort were a joy to have over and over. My domestic partner and I never had a problem. We left our electronic devices out, our medications out, I left my oxygen tank out, and nothing was ever touched. I dont know what other people have had problems with, but I never experienced any such problems. I will tell all my friends to stay at this motel. For value and comfort, you cant go wrong with Casa Loma!

Room Tip: Ask for a waterview!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nefster412
Pont-de-Roide, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a pity !! This motel takes place in a very beautiful place. Its name says "on the Waterfront" and that's true : from the pool and maybe your room (if you've chosen a room with a view on the canal), the landscape is so great ! Really.
So when you're outside, it's cute ... but when you're inside, it's not the same ! This motel seems to be very old, and I guess not "refreshing" quite a while ago. When I took a shower, the handle of the tap stayed in my hand !! The drapes weren't clean. But the rooms are pretty in relation to the breakfast place which is the laundry too !!! If you want my advice, take your breakfast away. It will be very easy, because at the Casa Loma, the breakfast is simple : not a lot of choice and not a lot of good stuffs.
Wi-fi doesn't works in some rooms, you have to go in the lobby.
I stayed here 2 nights and It was enough for me !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dreyenne
Sebring, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Really needs updated. If you don't mind the feel of the old time road motels, it's ok. Served it's purpose. Bed was lopsided (mattress needs turned). Lousy drywall work. Plastic tub insert. My room did have a patio that over looked the water. Staff was nice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I know this is a long review but PLEASE READ I have never written a review before but felt it necessary for potential customers of this establishment

The main reason I am writing this review is because of theft at the motel. My domestic partner and myself are both on different medications. We both have different pain medications I hide mine but he left his in a baggy on the desk along with other medication that were not narcotic. Two days after we arrived he went to get his headache medication that contains codeine and it was not there, we said ok maybe we left it at home we said we would not say anything until we got home to make sure we did not leave it. Well we did not leave it at home. I called the motel when we home and told them what had happened and asked for the manager and was told that she was on the phone and would call me back, after two hours I had to call back and was told so sorry we have been so busy. Don't you think this would have been a priority? They told me they would look into it. The next day they called and said that they had determined who took the medication and that they were terminated. Well I hope so who knows. Our compensation was one night of our ten day stay in the mean time we are without this mediation for another month.

I would also like to give you a little more info on the condition of motel if you don't mind

When booking our vacation package we knew that we were not going to be staying at the Ritz and after reading reviews some good some bad and knowing that there are some people that you can not please no matter what we decided to book this motel anyway because how much are you in the room? We basically just needed a place to lay our heads down. Well as one review stated they had an issue with the toilet and we must have been in the same room they had. At 5 in the morning I was schlepping down to the office to let them know we had a problem with the toilet and they gave me a plunger.It was kept conveniently keep behind the counter.It had been previously used and in a garbage bag that had dirty water, eck. Well I plunged the toilet and took the plunger back to the office. Two hours later I was making another run to the office again for the plunger. All I got was I'm so sorry. By the way I kept the plunger just incase. The plunger stayed in the bathroom the entire time we were there and was never moved by cleaning staff. So did they ever mop the floor? I don't think so. There was mold in the shower on the floor some days the towels were neatly folded and fanned out as if you were in Mexico other days they were tossed on the towel bar the counter was never wiped down the side tables were never wiped down had to go to the office and get coffee and fresh creamer because the first packet we opened was all dried up and some funky color. They never cleaned out the Coffee maker never washed the coffee cups. They did not do anything but change the towels out, sometimes neatly some times not so neatly. Oh they did make the beds when I did not make them myself when we were in a hurry.

All in all the staff was friendly but not very accommodating. I have stayed in the best and the not to great but this by far was the worst. So sorry to have to give this review but it was needed.

Room Tip: Do not choose this motel at all
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway

Been to Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront? Share your experiences!