“Authentic Cuban food”

Azucar Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #94 of 441 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: This is a wonderful, family owned little reaStay rant and bakery. We have eaten there many times - breakfast, lunch and dinner. This restaurant should be included in your listings. The food is authentic and delicious. The service is great. Love this place!!!!!
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We've been going to this restaurant for over 3 years. We have never had a bad meal or service and the ambiance is wonderful. The food is very good, the beans and rice to die for! Plenty of food. Beer and wine available. The have a breakfast menu which we haven't tried. The pastries in the bakery part are wonderful. Most aren't overly sweet, so you don't feel you eating flavored sugar.

1  Thank Spike2Day

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The cuban bread was wonderful, perfect for soaking up the eggs of easy and the coffee was amazing. A delicious meal all around.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

A friend and me had breakfast at Azucar last week and it was delicious. The portions are large and the coffee wonderful. The service was fast and accurate and we will definitely go back.

2  Thank Pittsburghparrothead
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Ola! Well let me start this off by saying this. I come to realize I am not a fan of Cuban cuisine . I love Cuban coffee and the roasted pig. It stops for me there.

I have been here twice. Both times the people and service are outstanding.
Now to the food.
The quality is excellent/ BUT the pastries are not very sweet and there is TOO much guava offered.
Cuban sandwiches are just ham and cheese with a slice of pork. The bread though crunchy on outside and fluffy inside it is verrrrrrrrrry plain like wonder bread.

I was adventurous and tried the Spanish omelet. It was terrible. It was like eating a pancake style omelet incorporated with ham & what I think was a chorizo sausage . TOO well done and arid to my taste buds. So I really did not enjoy my meal.
Oh yes I did not ask for hot sauce. I tried what was on the table. Peso Pete I think a Louisianan style sauce. Tasted like a tobasco wayyyy too much vinegar. Oh yes they gave me these potato stixs. The kind that are in the can at the supermarket . THAT JUST PLAIN SUCKS .
My bill came under 10 bucks so not too bad. And like I said great service.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We came here for dinner and were so happy with the choice. The simple things were delicious. Condensato coffee was perfect. Cuban bread was piping hot, crisp, buttery and delicious. Lechon with rice and beans were superb. Was not crazy about the seafood empanada but want to go back for more basics done amazingly well.

1  Thank LisaB892