“If you like Cuban...”

CubaItalia
Ranked #185 of 431 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We've been to Azucar, El Tropical, Rincón cubano; Cuba-Italia remains our favorite Cuban restaurant in Cape Coral. It's the smallest, for sure, and maybe that's why: it's a friendly, neighborhood place, and many of the folks who come in to eat or get take-out know each other and the owners and staff. Though small, the interior is clean, bright, and cheerful, with one wall covered with pictures of old-time movie stars (I'd forgotten all about Farley Granger! but where's Faith Domergue?!) The owner and sometime chef, Roger, always tenders a warm welcome accompanied by a big smile, and the servers, though some have little English, are friendly and solicitous. And then there's the food! Lots of wonderful standards (ropa vieja, picadillo, croquetas and empanadas, yucca and stuffed potatoes, a variety of sandwiches...); but also daily specials (roast pork, rabo encendido (oxtails), beef with potatoes, pork fricassee, roast chicken, and more), that come with a choice of sides: depending on the day, black or red beans, lentils, white or yellow rice, congri, tostones, maduros. I'm hungry just thinking about it! Everything is hot and delicious, servings are copious, and prices are low. There is beer in the cooler, and a limited wine selection is available. Finish up your meal with an espresso, Cuban coffee, or café con leche and you'll already be planning your next visit.

1  Thank Nancy O

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The dining area is not much to look at but the food is served huge and the price reasonable. I ordered the grilled chicken breast with onions which came with two sides. I chose white rice because unfortunately yellow rice was not available and black beans. I also opted for a plateful of plantains which is a personal favorite. All was good. The cook could only speak Spanish but the owners who sat on one of the tables helped in translating my orders. Everyone was so nice to me. Oh before I forget, I also ordered flan take home. Yummy!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We just arrived back from Wisc in mid Oct and after we settled in our rented condo , we set out to walk to pursue a place for lunch. We came across a little strip mall and saw Cubaltalia sign out front for 1.00 Pan bread and 1.00 draft beers. This is a Small place with just a few tables and a few bar stools. I ordered a Cuban sand along with black beans and rice and boy did that fill my fix. My wife ordered a pork sand and red beans. We have been back twice ordering the specials that are prepared and sitting in warmers right in view. We will be trying breakfast next!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Can't beat the price. Food was amazing. Daily specials are a plus in my book! Get the carne con papas!!!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Not too much to say, but this is just a great little lunch spot for the budget-conscious traveler or local. Food is fresh and of good quality. We found it by accident the first time, but we'll come back every time we're in Cape Coral