“Unique place in the Cape”

Nevermind Awesome Bar And Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Nevermind Awesome Bar And Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 464 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Being in my mid 40's and my hubby in his early 50's we don't usually eat in a place like Nevermind but we were told to try it one time. So we did.

My first impression was that this is a bar. Very few tables looked like typical dining tables but then we walked past the bar and then we saw "normal" tables across from the open-style kitchen. Some people were seated in front of the kitchen at a counter. That would be fun I'm sure.

After seating ourselves (don't expect them to seat you), we eventually got menus to glance over. (Don't expect fast service either as this place is very laid back.) The menu had about 25 choices ranging from appetizers to full entrees. Hubby and I chose the 2 lb NY strip for two which included greens and truffle fries. It took a long time to cook the steak (no problem for us - just an FYI) and then it came. Everyone stopped drinking and stared at what was presented before us. Wow! It was impressive! How did it taste? It was good but I have had better. Hubby couldn't stop eating it. The star of the platter was the greens. Oh my oh my! If you like brussel sprouts, kale (I think), garlic, onions, pigeon peas, chorizo and love (yes, love) you must eat these greens! The truffle fries were dry like potato sticks. Not my favorite thing but I'm sure other people would enjoy them. They made your mouth dry (good way to get you to order more drinks).

All in all it was a hip place with happy people who were drinking their drinks and listening to the music blaring from the speakers (It was a bit too loud to have a conversation without having to raise your voice to compensate).

Would we return for the greens especially and to try other items. Would I recommend it to friends? Yes, of course. You will get great food, good service and a unique atmosphere.

2  Thank DessertsDivaFL

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have been going to Nevermind since it opened, a fabulous place. The Cult Carne dinners each month are especially awesome. Chef Shannon is always amazing !!

1  Thank bodeeda
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Great food, great experience! Volcano rolls, Kobe beef burger were fantastic. Great service from our waitress, bit of a hole in the wall feel.

2  Thank FoodBGood
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had one of the best meals I have eaten. Our friends introduced us to Nevermind Awesome Bar and Grill. The place was not fancy, no table cloths, fine china crystal or silverware. What it did have is excellent service and fantastic food
I ordered the Kobe beef cheese burger, one of our group ordered the steak tartar, others ordered different versions of the Kobe beef burgers.
All of the burgers were done exactly as ordered. The steak tartar was chunks of Kobe tenderloin seasoned and formed in to a burger patty.
Unusual menu items.

House Salad, Toast, Lime or Ranch Dressing…9

Bufala Mozzarella…14

Buttermilk Blue Cheese, Pesto, Puree & Honey…15

“Chorizo Pate” & Grilled Bread…9

“Brisket & Mash” Collards…16’

Catelli Farms Lamb Burger…14

Savory Lamb Meatloaf…15

Gena’s Triple Cherrywood Bacon Burger…14

Pork Belly Pressed Sandwich…12

BraveHeart Pressed Angus Cheeseburger…12

Grilled Filet, Rosemary Butter Mash, Collard Greens…25

“2 Pound Dry Aged New York Strip for Two”

Rosemary Butter Mash & Collard Greens…30

A little spendy, but worth every penny

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place is nothing like you expect. While at first glance it's a dark, thrown together dive bar I suggest you give it a second look! As you have your first drink and glance over the ever-changing menu you come to realize that it's quirkiness is part of its charm. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the menu is always interesting. Let's face it, it's all about the food! We have taken to eating here once a week and so far have not had anything that isn't truly mouthwatering! Love the cheese plate and pate dish, and the lamb burgers yum! Truffle fries are delicious, ask for one of the burger sauces instead of ketchup. Great salad too! Save room for dessert too and enjoy. Thank you Shannon and staff we love it here!

1  Thank mrsv28