“Group dinner at Maria's....good food and more.”

Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 435 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Be transported to Old World Italy with our authentic family recipes at Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It isn't easy to serve 27 orders taken at one time but the staff came through. Evidently under new management everyone was eager to please and it showed. An hors d'oeuvre table expertly presented a very large selection of cheeses, fruits, et al with taste and professional imagination. We had to resist the temptation to fill too much from the appealing assortment.

Since our group took up a large portion of the seating, we ordered from a set menu. Since the restaurant also bills itself as a" pizzeria" in its food offerings we can only say that if the pizza is as good as its regular Italian meal offerings the pizza should be very good.

The kitchen prepared a large number of the Chicken Francaise ordered by many of us. That was also my selection. I enjoyed the lightly breaded thin breast of chicken on the bed of fettuccini. The lemon butter sauce was well done. Personally, I would have liked more of an emphasis of the "lemon" over the "butter" in the sauce. Nevertheless I was not disappointed. On another occasion I would choose the lasagna that my wife ordered. The marinara sauce was very good. Both servings were more than enough and take home packages were necessary.

I ordered the house white wine, a Chardonnay, I believe. Although I missed having my usual Sauvignon Blanc to accompany my dish.

The service was very good considering that the restaurant was also catering to regular diners as well as out large group. As a neighborhood Italian Restaurant, everything was really enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Tried this place a while back and was blown away.

Home made Italian food! Great salad, pizza, and Alfredo Pasta.

Small cozy restaurant with attentive staff and nice decor.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The ambiance is comfortable, the service very nice and the food was outstanding!
This was our third visit. First was for their 1/2 price pizza night. This one and the 2nd was for their outstanding entrees.
Sure to be a regular!!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

While on vacation in Cape Coral, we stumbled across what was one of the best meals out that we have ever enjoyed. The cost for the entire meal and drinks was VERY reasonable. Yes, we had quite a long wait, and I believe that we somehow were even forgotten and passed over a few times. But hey, we were on vacation and therefore in no hurry. I'm glad we stayed!!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My 3rd time here and the food is always delicious, price is right and I always go home with a "doggy" bag as they give you so much.