“Authentic Italian”

Ranked #40 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Be transported to Old World Italy with our authentic family recipes at Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant.
West Mids
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The restaurant we had been going to eat at was closed so we ended up here by default, and were very pleased that we did. Lots of choice of pizza and pasta dishes, and a pleasing variety of types of pasta that you could choose from e.g. whole wheat spaghetti, angel hair. Generous portions, friendly staff. My only complaint would be that the table was too small really to accommodate the huge pizzas!

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lackluster service”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We were a party of five on a Tuesday night. The food was alright. The pizza was so wet that when picked up all of the toppings and cheese fell off. The seafood cob salad was a hit as was the grilled chicken caesar. Service left a lot to be desired. Our waiter never brought glasses for bottled water, never checked on is after delivering our food. After asking for the check twice I noticed we were charged gratuity which I thought was unusual for a party of 5. I can't say I'd go back to dine in but could order the salads for carryout. Overall I wasn't very satisfied with the dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Grace U
Cape Coral, Florida
“Tasty Italian Food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visited Maria's last night for the first time, although I have heard for quite some time that it was a really good little restaurant. I was not disappointed. The Calamari was delicious, and the accompanying marinara sauce was perfect. There were three of us and we were all very happy with our dinners although I believe that mine, the sausage and peppers, with sautéed spinach in lieu of pasta, was the hand's down winner. The wait staff and management were professional and attentive. We will be back.

• Visited June 2014
Naples, Florida
“WOW! Amazing food, great service and very fair prices!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I never spend time to write reviews but this place was so good I wanted to help them out and brag about the place!

We live in Naples and had to go to the Cape for business. The wife and I had heard about this place so figured why not try it out. It has a small mom and pop feel and even had a small outside seating area.
The menu was simple but diverse and offered all the classics and a few family specials. I was happy with the choices and actually had a hard time picking because they all sounded so good.

The service was really great for a small place and the staff was all friendly. We arrived around 5pm and the place started to fill up within 20 min. Our waiter was attentive and actually brought refills without having to ask and was helpful with the menu and ingredients. The owner even came out of the kitchen to say hello and ask how the food was!! Bravo!

I have dined at many 4 and 5 star restaurants and this place def earned my "Local Restaurant Service Award".

Calamari app was very good and not frozen junk. Even the legs were crispy and tasted ood. The sauce was nice but a little so spicy for my wife.
The garlic rolls are like crack! Between the oil and the butter I couldnt stop eating them! I want them right now even! ask for extra of the special butter they use!! I admit I ate 4 of them and took 4 home for left overs. lol
Salad that comes with the meal was good and fresh but looked like nothing special. It could have had a little more attention to how it looked. Add some color, mix greens and a home made crouton would be a nice touch. Also a slightly bigger plate/bowl to give the illusion of added value. (I hope they read this and at least improve the salad)
I had the shrimp scampi and wife had the Giovanni's Veal. (both were perfect!)
Cannoli for desert so large we split it.

had left overs of the main meal and garlic rolls. They were just as good the second day!!

all this for $53 not including tip.

• Visited July 2014
Cape Coral
“Not so good”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had thought many times of stopping in, and finally did. Only one other table was occupied on this Sunday night. Our waiter, Kyle was very pleasant, professional, and attentive. We started off with a couple of glasses of wine, and asked for some garlic rolls to go with it. The rolls should have been a warning to cut our losses here. the rolls were bready, with some no taste of garlic al all. we ate a few bites and left the rest. We asked the server about the combo- if this was all covered in the same cheese and sauce to make it all indistinguishable- and he said yes. So, we ordered the Sunday Lasagna special. The calamari appetizer was advertised with a garlic aioli and a spicy marinara. The calamari was cooked correctly- but the aioli just tasted like mayonnaise, and the spicy marinara was bland- we asked for tabasco to spice it up. The lasagna didn't even look like lasagna- a couple of lumps under cheese and sauce. It was mostly ricotta, mozzarella, and marinara sauce. The couple of lasagna noodles were mushy. Not tasty or like any lasagna I've ever eaten. We left most of the meal behind. We won't be back.

• Visited June 2014