“Excellent Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This restaurant is a hidden jewel.The menu is quite extensive and we recommend the chicken stir fry with green beans, add mushrooms. Their Tom Kha Gai ,soup ,chicken cooked in coconut milk with lime juice & chili pepper is excellent.
The specialty "crispy trio " of fried chicken sautéed with spicy (3) flavor sauce is especially tasty !
The price of this food is such a value for the quality
You will not be disappointed !

1  Thank Rick B

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

The food was nothing like we had in March. We even asked if they had a different cook. Was beguilingly told "no...same one". The wait staff easily becomes overwhelmed with more than a couple of tables are seated/ordering. So sad to see negative outcomes from this establishment.

3  Thank TJh222
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We've always liked the Siam Hut for the typical reasons--good food--good service and reasonable prices. Lately we visited Bangkok and traveled around quite a bit for a month. Now I respect the Siam Hut even more. Very original !

1  Thank lowjohn
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We moved to Cape Coral three years ago almost to the day, and have found LOTS of wonderful places to eat (we don't agree with reviewers who say the area doesn't have much to offer), but the one thing we had not found was good Thai or Chinese (I know, I know, they're not the same) although we've tried several. Siam Hut is sort of hidden in plain sight, we'd never thought to try it, but did today: it's splendid! Authentic? we shouldn't judge, having limited -- though not non-existent -- experience with Thai food, but it was as good as, if not better than, the best we've eaten.

Unattractive strip mall with tight parking, but the restaurant is spacious and attractive inside; they were doing good business at lunch on an out-of-Season Wednesday, some retired folks like ourselves, many single and multiple tables of local business people, an immediate indication of good quality and value; we saw several people come in for take-out. Service, by two very friendly and efficient waitresses, was lovely. The luncheon items, as stated elsewhere here, come with a good but unexciting soup and a small, fresh salad with a tasty peanut-based house dressing. There ARE other interesting-sounding soups, appetizers, and salads to be had: we assume they can be substituted or added for the price listed on the menu for those items.

We shared the Giew Za (pan fried dumplings stuffed with ground pork, ginger, & scallions) to start, then had the Pad Si-Ew and the green curry with rice; these are dishes we are very familiar with, and Siam Hut's versions are excellent, not too sweet (a fault we often find with Thai cuisine), and in the case of the curry, asked for "medium hot", perfect in that respect. For under $9 each both meals were plenty to eat and very tasty. Our only reservation, and it is a frequent one, is that the lean white chicken breast and lean pork used tend to be rather flavorless and a little dry, but I suspect many diners do not want dark or more marbled meat.

We are already looking forward to going back to Siam Hut! The menu is extensive, including noodle dishes, curries, stir-fries, fish dishes, and a variety of fried rice dishes, as well as "Siam Hut Specialties" that sound pretty swell. Most everything listed on their website menu is available for lunch in a smaller portion for considerably less money than at dinner.

1  Thank Nancy O
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I've been to this restaurant for YEARS -- and will continue to go anytime I am in the area. The owners are frequently on the premises and are warm and friendly. Every dish I have ever had is amazing - flavorful and delicious. I haven't had every menu item, as I have a few favorites I tend to order (the noodle dishes are my favorite). I love the Curry Puff appetizer and the soup and salad that accompany lunch orders are yummy, as well. I would strongly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area and if you like authentic Thai food. The downside? Sometimes the dishes come out separately and you are left waiting on your companion's meal. If you can deal with that, you are sure to have a wonderful dining experience and be a repeat customer like myself.

1  Thank Alli I