“Disgusting excuse for Thai food - or any food”
Review of Siam Hut

Siam Hut
Ranked #62 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Disgusting excuse for Thai food - or any food”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Absolutely disgusting. I read the reviews on yelp and google and HOPED for something even semi edible. I was really hopeful but should have known that what categorized as 'real' Thai' food in Cape coral can't pass for mall food in any other part of the country.

Ordered Pad Thai thinking if you claim to be Thai you can't mess that one up. You do. NASTY. NASTY. NASTY. CRAP! No bamboo shoots- nothing but nasty overdone noodles with msg sauce! HORRID!

Chicken Lomein - EQUALLY DISGUSTING! NASTY! I am so disappointed. Was hoping for edible! NOT! And they have the assumption that they can charge like 10.95 for a small plate of sub par mall food. PLEASE.

Soup- horrible- chicken has no flavor. They bought the base somewhere and threw the chicken pieces in later. GROSS! I will post a picture of the food and the box we took it out in. It was a miracle whip box. Tell me why a Thai restaurant buys Miracle Whip by the case. Oh wait- I think I know.

In a dump strip mall and get this... they charge you 25% to eat there! HA HA!

If you are visiting from any place with decent Thai food- don't waste your time eating at this place.

Okay- awesome business opportunity for a great Thai restaurant- come to Cape Coral and make a million!

This place makes Panda Kitchen in the mall seem like gourmet.

$35 takeout for two- in the trash. Lesson learned.

Update: I called to complain after writing this review. The rude girl that takes the orders was again rude to me and then gave the phone to a guy who yelled at me and told me I was trying to get free food. (A joke since I never asked for a refund of any type. I simply called to complain.) Eventually he was screaming and told me to come down there so he could kick my ***. Nice huh? This is how you resolve complaints about the food? I hung up on the guy. About 10 minutes later we got a phone call back from the place and my husband took the call. He was furious as he had heard the conversation.

It turned out to be the manager or owner or both that somehow heard what was going on and called to try and clear things up. He did state that he was having a meeting and someone was getting fired. However, he also told us that the cooks there told him that the reason the food tastes bad is because of the Cape Coral water.

What more can I say???

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Sabrina T

Fort Myers
“Excellent Thai food”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This restaurant is a hidden jewel.The menu is quite extensive and we recommend the chicken stir fry with green beans, add mushrooms. Their Tom Kha Gai ,soup ,chicken cooked in coconut milk with lime juice & chili pepper is excellent.
The specialty "crispy trio " of fried chicken sautéed with spicy (3) flavor sauce is especially tasty !
The price of this food is such a value for the quality
You will not be disappointed !

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rick B
“It is sad that a restaurant can deteriorate to this level.”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

The food was nothing like we had in March. We even asked if they had a different cook. Was beguilingly told "no...same one". The wait staff easily becomes overwhelmed with more than a couple of tables are seated/ordering. So sad to see negative outcomes from this establishment.

3 Thank TJh222
“ReallyThai”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We've always liked the Siam Hut for the typical reasons--good food--good service and reasonable prices. Lately we visited Bangkok and traveled around quite a bit for a month. Now I respect the Siam Hut even more. Very original !

1 Thank lowjohn
Cape Coral, Florida
“Finally Found”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We moved to Cape Coral three years ago almost to the day, and have found LOTS of wonderful places to eat (we don't agree with reviewers who say the area doesn't have much to offer), but the one thing we had not found was good Thai or Chinese (I know, I know, they're not the same) although we've tried several. Siam Hut is sort of hidden in plain sight, we'd never thought to try it, but did today: it's splendid! Authentic? we shouldn't judge, having limited -- though not non-existent -- experience with Thai food, but it was as good as, if not better than, the best we've eaten.

Unattractive strip mall with tight parking, but the restaurant is spacious and attractive inside; they were doing good business at lunch on an out-of-Season Wednesday, some retired folks like ourselves, many single and multiple tables of local business people, an immediate indication of good quality and value; we saw several people come in for take-out. Service, by two very friendly and efficient waitresses, was lovely. The luncheon items, as stated elsewhere here, come with a good but unexciting soup and a small, fresh salad with a tasty peanut-based house dressing. There ARE other interesting-sounding soups, appetizers, and salads to be had: we assume they can be substituted or added for the price listed on the menu for those items.

We shared the Giew Za (pan fried dumplings stuffed with ground pork, ginger, & scallions) to start, then had the Pad Si-Ew and the green curry with rice; these are dishes we are very familiar with, and Siam Hut's versions are excellent, not too sweet (a fault we often find with Thai cuisine), and in the case of the curry, asked for "medium hot", perfect in that respect. For under $9 each both meals were plenty to eat and very tasty. Our only reservation, and it is a frequent one, is that the lean white chicken breast and lean pork used tend to be rather flavorless and a little dry, but I suspect many diners do not want dark or more marbled meat.

We are already looking forward to going back to Siam Hut! The menu is extensive, including noodle dishes, curries, stir-fries, fish dishes, and a variety of fried rice dishes, as well as "Siam Hut Specialties" that sound pretty swell. Most everything listed on their website menu is available for lunch in a smaller portion for considerably less money than at dinner.

1 Thank Nancy O