“Seafood Chowder the best I've had” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood

Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood
Ranked #2 of 417 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted best seafood restaurant in "Best of Cape Coral 2013" Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood offers the best local seafood. Anything from fresh salads,fried seafood baskets, homemade soups, raw bar to delectable fresh seafood entrees.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Seafood Chowder the best I've had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's a cozy place, as in small. Pretty, though. In mid-July in Cape Coral we had to wait 20 minutes for a table on a Friday night, out in the heat on the ample deck. But it was worth the sweaty wait. The hostess said 20 minutes, and it was. Nice little bar with some seating, but every seat under air was taken. The menu was varied; not sure how much of it was fresh vs. frozen. The entrees come with soup or salad. Salad you can get anywhere; trust me, get the soup! The chowder was loaded with all the good stuff, cream, butter and lots of varied seafood. Absolutely delicious. Since we were at a Gulf-side seafood restaurant, we ordered fresh grouper...the daily black grouper special and the grouper piccata. Both meals were delicious, and the presentation was lovely. I'm really glad we tried it. I can't imagine how crowded it gets during Season! They don't take reservations, either.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank InfrequentTraveler06

“Best Seafood in SWFL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Always a great seafood meal at Fish Tale. Tina L. is our favorite server, very knowledgable, personable and professional. A big thanks to Kerry for the apps and deserts. The entrees never disappoint either. Love, love, love the hogfish! Can't wait to see you all again very soon.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food/perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Been a merricks customer for years. So pleased they now have a fabulous restraurant. Soup, salad, crab, scallops, lobster, salmon, shrimp. The menu will make your mouth water. By the way ask for Coral, she is a very special server.

1 Thank Patty A
Scotland
“Great fresh fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food and service - thanks Tina. You could easily drive past as it doesn't look much from the outside, but definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.

1 Thank Highlife6
Cape Coral, Florida
“I'm one of the disappointed one.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

After all we heard about this place 3 friends and I decided to try it. We had to wait at the bar, not a problem, We got to talking to the bartender. Really nice guy. The hostess came over and said the table that we were supposed to get is still filled, The guest wanted to stay longer, so would we mind eating outside. Instead of waiting longer we went outside. The table was nice, the evening not to hot with a nice breeze blowing. We got our menus and after looking at it for awhile I could only find one thing on it I liked. Being a seafood place I would have thought there would be more of a variety. I chose a breaded fish dish. The waitress showed up with an attitude. Not sure why. We asked if we could take a few more minutes to look aver the menu and she said ok, and we didn't see her for a long time. When she finally came back we gave our orders. When they came I noticed my breaded fish was fairly big and thought I might not finish it. But when I cut into it it was all a puffy breading with a small piece of fish sitting inside. I had no trouble finishing it. It tasted ok, nothing special tasting about it. The other 3 in my party said their dinners were also just ok. No raves for the meals, except all the dinner were served hot. When the food showed up so did about a couple of dozen flies. We couldn't get rid of them until we finished our meal. When other tables were served the flies moved on. Meanwhile our waitress continued with her attitude, so when asking for water we had to wait again. She got tipped accordingly. Since the food wasn't anything above ok, the prices were a bit high, and the waitress' attitude remained through out our meal, I'd have to say, we aren't going back.

• Visited May 2014