“As Italian as Jersey boys can get!”

Buon Appetito Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #202 of 435 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come join us for authentic Southern Italian cuisine, family atmosphere, hand-made dishes, Full Bar, nightly entertainment. Buon Appetito first opened it's doors in 2004, in a small Ft Myers business community. After establishing the name "Best Kept Secret in SWFL" , We decided to open a second location in Cape Coral. Join us to enjoy good friends, family, and Great Italian dishes only mama made !
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This restaurant has a sister in Fort Myers, Recently opening in the Surfside Area of Cape Coral west of Veterans Parkway. I stopped in for lunch. The restaurant's decor is unique and delightful with video screens playing vintage footage of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and the rest of the rat pack. Quotes and photos of Jersey Boys who have done well. The menu reads like an italian smorgasbord of offerings, Including ordering your pasta, sauce and any type protein Ie meatballs on the side. I had their Pizza that came out hot, fresh and crispy! I asked if it had been baked in a stone oven and was given a tour of a spotless kitchen and the ovens. It was not crowded and the wait staff were somewhat too relaxed but attentive. The pasta fettuccine Alfredo was al dente, the chicken flavorful and grilled, but the sauce was so good I used my tasty pizza crust to wipe the remains from my partners bowl! It is located in a shopping center area with lots of parking and clean area. The outside is decorated nicely but the inside was truly worth the visit. The desserts were homemade (at least they gave that flavor) and out of this world. I had a lemon cake that had me wanting to sing "Volar'e" in the isle. It is a small place but the heart of the chef seemed enormous. They have a full listing of good american and Italian wines. A nice place to snuggle up and enjoy a close encounter or for a family treat.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I read therough review someone had back in June and I really don't get it! I have been the 5 times as of tonight and we have tried an abundance of items on the menu and never been disappointed. Within the last year my wife and I have eaten all over the world focusing on several Michelin Star restaurants in Sorrento Italy, Cannes France and Barcelona Spain. We know good food. These people serve a great meal and I believe you will not be disappointed but we have yet to try their pizza. The lobster ravioli will blow you away. They have the most hospitable service ever. If you do have a problem which I doubt you will, just tell them they will make it right. Yes there are different marinara sauces for different items. Been there done that and have tried them. Just ask they'll let you taste. They always go above and beyond. We ate there tonight and will be back in a week or so with guests.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We've been to Buon Appetito Cafe four times now. We were excited when we heard the owners were from New York, (our original home and the home of the best Italian food this side of the Atlantic). The decor was delightful, playful and by no means formal. When you sit down you are greeted by a waitress/waiter and a small antipasta plate. The wine list is small but more than adequate. A blackboard lists the daily specials. My wife played it safe and had chicken parmesan and I had the mispronounced special of Zuppa de Pesce. We both ordered our pasta "AL DENTE", meaning "to the tooth", in other words not overcooked and mushy, but slightly firm. The pasta was severely overcooked, but the sauce which came with our meals was excellent. On subsequent visits we also asked for "AL DENTE" pasta and were disappointed time and again. When we questioned the waitress about this we were told the pasta is pre-cooked, a severe no-no in classic italian cooking. Fresh pasta is cooked in two or three minutes to an "AL DENTE" doneness. As stated the atmosphere is informal, but enjoyable, the sauces are very well prepared, the pasta needed to be cooked properly, the specials were enjoyable as well. The bread basket is pathetic, with italian food good bread is a must. Some of the wait staff was uninformed about italian food and the menu, but very nice just the same. The portions are very generous. One one visit we were very pleasantly suprised when a waitress broke out in song acapella, and she was excellent !!! Overall we will return because this restaurant has potential, but for this area it is just OK.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is Goodfellow meets the Rat Pack very thoughtfully decorated.
The food is good, the portions extremely generous. The service was excellent. The owner is lovely and she cares about every patron. Fun for family and friends.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Last evening was our third visit to this restaurant. The restaurant is near our home in Cape Coral. After an exhausting day at work we decided to go out. My husband's meal, sausage and peppers, was really good. I was not in the mood for lasagne this time (my entree at previous visits), so I ordered chicken Marsala. I thought the chicken was very tender, but the "brown" sauce was very bland. We also ordered a caprese salad, which was very good. The service at Buon Appetito has been exceptional.