“Good hotel for the price”

Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed a night here in February.
Good clean room which was newly redecorated.
Great breakfast.

As other reviews said, the bar next door was noisy. Once we turned on the a/c fan unit all night no problem sleeping.

Good value for the price and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, helpful staff, good service, What more does one need? A great price!
Ask for the parking lot side; it's quieter by far. P
The pool and pool side bar are a great amenity!
Computer and printer are a free amenity in the lobby.
Breakfast is enough to keep you all day.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

It is 11:30pm on a Saturday night and I can't sleep because of the amount of motorcycle noise outside. The walls must be paper thin. They are racing up and down the street. When we checked in at 7 pm the hot water was not working, but was fixed in a short amount if time. I paid $129 for this noise !!!!! What a rip off!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Elena3548
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Dear Elena3548,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am glad to read that the hot water was addressed immediately. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences for us to improve for our next guest or your next visit. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Staff is always extremely friendly and ready to help. Especially the girls attending to the breakfast. The location is great for everywhere I need to be in the Cape and South Fort Myers. I stay here often and love it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly C
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have always liked the Holiday Inn Express chain and this one was no different. My gripe is more with Hotwire, which calls it a three star and prices it accordingly. It is a two and a half star hotel, and that is usually what I book for short stays here in the US. I agree with most of the other reviewers here on the rooms being clean, the staff was very friendly. (Except the front desk clerk who seem furious that the night desk clerk had okayed a late check out. She acted as if she was giving me a organ transplant...for one hour!)

Anyhoo....since management seems to respond to these reviews, I have a couple of little gripes. The elevator/stair combo. It just seems weird that if you wanna walk the stairs instead of waiting for elevator...you have to walk outside and then reenter the hotel. Speaking of the elevator, just a suggestion....put some artwork in there! It's sunny Florida, and it looks like a freight elevator. Last thing, very meager TV channels and no Pay per View options. I love putting a movie on when I travel, and it's not possible with what the hotel has. As a market lover, there is zero business channels either and for a CNBC fan, that was disappointing.

Little things, I know. But they do add up, and for me, just the TV options would make me use a different similar hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We spent 6 days in Cape Coral, Florida. 3 days for a conference and 3 days vacation. The Holiday Inn Express was only 2 1/2 blocks from our venue, so picked it. I was glad I did.
The room was nice. It was set up for handicap accessible so all of the hangers, coat racks, etc. were only 4 feet off the floor. It made it a little difficult to store our things.
The room was clean except for the toilet. The toilet had not been wiped down and there was dried urine on the rim when we arrived. It was easily remedied and the rest of our stay was fine.
The complimentary breakfast was great. So much more than you would normally get a a hotel. There were eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, or bacon (depending on the day), biscuits, made-to-order pancakes, fresh fruit, bagels, and more! The nice thing was that it is served 6-10am. For the first few days, before the conference, we slept in and still had hot, fresh breakfast waiting for us. Once the conference started and I had to be up early, the breakfast was ready for me at 6!
The ladies who tended the breakfast buffet were attentive and very friendly. They had great suggestions for fun things to do in town and kept the buffet and dining tables and chairs clean.
I would definitely stay there again if in the Cape Coral or Ft. Myers area. It was affordable and conveniently located.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed here two nights in Dec before we could check into our condo for the month of January. Very, very friendly staff...Very clean rooms...we travel with our little Yorkie-Poo, and even the pet-friendly rooms were very clean...Great breakfast too!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dolphin Key Resort
#3 of 6 in Cape Coral
Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area? Share your experiences!