Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Chicago, Illinois
“Vacation”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Nothing to brag about and the facility was close to the expressway and other attractions. Beds were hard, pillows were lumpy. I've stayed at other Holiday Inns and this one did not stand out, just "ok".

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the restaurant and not facing the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeiPei1124
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear PeiPei1124,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am truly sorry to hear the bed is not to your liking. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Newark, NJ
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Found a cockroach in the drawer, it creeped into the drawer from the side then went out the way it came in and got away before I could get my shoe to kill it. Very gross.

I called the front desk to report it, they said they would have an exterminator come to the room the next day. When I returned to my room the next day I saw white powder behind the refrigerator. After that I slept with all the lights on because I was worried the roaches would crawl onto the bed or into my suitcase. The nights were difficult and uncomfortable.

A front desk worker named Rolando gave me garbage bags, for my clothes, so I don't take any of the hotel cockroaches home.

A couple of days later, the morning I checked out, a baby cockroach shot out from under the coffee maker on the bathroom counter. It turned around and went back under the coffee maker. Very, very gross. I reported it to the front desk and they sent a maintenance supervisor to my room, he looked around but didn't do anything. I really don't know how he was supposed to help me.

Before I left I called the front desk and asked for the managers name, I was told it was Martin Caro.

Martin Caro did not contact me, he never spoke to me. No one from management contacted me. Very unprofessional.

I paid $180.00 plus tax a night. The cost is way too expensive for an aging hotel with cockroaches and unprofessional management. Actually, it is more like a large motel. I'll never stay there again and I hope those who read this review choose another hotel.

If Holiday Inn Express representatives respond to this review, please don't address me or apologize to me. Shallow meaningless apologies won't help me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rey V
hiexcapecoral, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Rey V,
We always strive to make a guest have a wonderful stay here at the Holiday Inn Express. We wish your stay would have been more enjoyable. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments and hope we can resolve the experiences you had. We sincerely hope if you come back to Cape Coral you will give our Holiday Inn Express another chance.
French Lick, Indiana
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Hotel is fairly new, clean and what you expect from the chain. Would stay here again. Staff courteous. Entertainment within a short walk, diverse options. Specialty shopping down the street with some nice boutiques.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 5300kim
hiexcapecoral, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear 5300kim,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Of course you always have to enjoy the options in the surrounding area! Can't wait until you come back and visit again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stay at this hotel when we are in the area. Probably the best in the Cape -

What's great -
- Staff. Every single one of them super friendly and helpful. Front desk staff very efficient. The breakfast staff always has a smile on their face.
- Cleanliness. This hotel is spic and span from top to bottom. Every night when we left we returned to a very well reset room.

What's not so great -
- Breakfast. It's just so-so. Food is mediocre and very predictable. As many hotels now offer this type of breakfast it's expected.
- Age of furniture - The bed we stayed in was worn out. My back is still recovering. I was surprised by this. To be fair I never asked or complained so I'm not sure if they could've done something.

Other highlights -
- Great location (close to bridge and Cape Coral Yacht Club).
- Rooms are quiet
- Balcony lets you enjoy the sounds of live music at nearby bars (if you ask for south facing room)
- Internet worked right every day we were there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, higher numbered rooms take you further from lobby.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear bobcrane03,
Thank you for picking the Holiday Inn Express when you come to Cape Coral. We try to go above and beyond when it comes to our staff and glad you recognized that. Hopefully next time our breakfast can be improved for you and we will have upgraded our furniture. Thank you again for your kind words!
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We chose this hotel based on price and were not disappointed. The staff was very helpful and kept close tabs on the free breakfast. The drive to Sanibel Island was only 15 minutes and the route from the Holiday Inn to Sanibel is direct and easy to follow. The rooms were huge and quiet enough. The kids looked like they were having a good time in the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear bobcrane03,
Always great to hear when someone chose our hotel when they come to Cape Coral! We strive on being an extremely friendly staff and we're glad you recognize that. Out of the few problems you had we hope we can improve for the next time you stay!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The place was luxury on a virtual budget. It had comfortable beds and a tasty continental breakfast. If we weren't distracted by our outside needs, we'd be staying longer. In any case, the Holiday Inn was a true holiday from our worries.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear John S,
We are so glad to hear when guests, like you, have such an enjoyable stay! We hope to see you again sometime soon, and maybe this stay can be a little longer for you.
Dorset
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Somewhat laboured at Reception due to unenthusiastic staff. Plenty of free unsecured parking shared with a Perkins Restaurant on the same block hence generally rather full but a space was always found.

Large double Queen (5') bedroom with refrigerator, and large flat-screen TV. Small balcony off with two chairs providing a view of your own car it you have parked it appropriately. Very noisy A/C had to switch if off at night and reply on the ceiling fan. Bathroom with bath/shower, good range of toiletries.

Large heated pool with loungers, tables and chairs. We did not like the continual playing of a local radio station's choices.

Good breakfast plenty of variety. Shame that at least one of the waitresses spent most of her time trying to encourage customers to give her praise in their future reviews, a stunt.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the back away from the busy road but you hear live piano and jazz until 2...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank halilley
hiexcapecoral, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again sometime soon. It's always nice and sunny here in SouthWest Florida ;-)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront
Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers
Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers
#22 of 59 in Fort Myers

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area? Share your experiences!