“Great Place! Didn't want to leave! Want to go back!”

The Old Carrabelle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Carrabelle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“Great Place! Didn't want to leave! Want to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am in love with The Old Carrabelle Hotel Cottage. I stayed 3 weeks! would have stayed longer. Skip and Kathy make sure that everything is comfortable and lovely. They are always available, pleasant and right there for you if you need them. They had a way of being right there while giving me all the privacy I needed. I stayed in the cottage and found it so amazingly charming, comfortable, cheerful and relaxing. The feeling was warm, cozy, clean. Kind of an "ahhhhh, this is awesome" feeling. All my friends who visited me there felt exactly the same way. I just cannot explain just how nice it was. Every thing from the shower to the porch was lovely. All the little touches and personalizations felt just "right". The decorating was warm, cheery, very Florida, and soooo comfortable. And I had everything, everything I needed. Best ammenities going.

On the practical side: the place was so very convenient to everything, the water, the store, the gas station and to every road going in and out of Carrabelle. Yet it was very quiet and private.

I just cannot say enough about The Old Carrabelle Hotel and the Cottage I stayed in.

One of the most wonderful aspects for me, was that Skip and Kathy were so very accommodating in my planning stages while I had to change dates a few times and even when I was uncertain if I could make it. I wasn't the easiest person to book and yet all the calls I had in with Skip were patient, pleasant and kind. They also were so accommodating when I wanted to stay a few more nights. I would have stayed longer, it was that nice, but other guests were booked up!

I hope to stay there each time I visit Carrabelle and my friends there. Thank you Skip and Kathy for making my stay there the most comfortable and home like I have had while I travel. And I travel a lot! :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights in the flamingo room and really enjoyed the accommodations. Kathy and Skip are great hosts and they made sure we had anything we needed, as well as keeping the rooms and common areas very clean. If you're looking to stay in Carabelle or in a 30-40 miles radius from it, I suggest you get in touch with Skip. I did and was very happy with my choice. Thanks, Juan and Laura.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Old Carrabelle Hotel is a beautifully restored, classic turn of the century (~1890 something) guest home. Nicely decorated, well maintained, environmentally controlled rooms made this stay comfortable and memorable. Kathy and Skip are well organized and prepared to manage their guests and keep everything in working order. Our room key was ready for us when we arrived along with area information and WiFi connection info. Our room was immaculately clean, all lights, faucets, and of course air conditioning, were in perfect working order. The tastefully decorated antique rooms made us feel we were living in 1890s Carrabelle with 21st century comforts. Carrabelle is a quiet fishing town with scenic Shrimp Trawlers docked at the wharfs 4-5 minutes walk from the home, a far cry from the touristy chaos in Panama City and West. They have an excellent business relationship with the “Two Als” restaurant, 5 minutes down the road (Hwy 98) where we were credited a generous value for our breakfast (more than we could eat).

Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed in many bed and breakfast and The Carrabelle Hotel is a wonderful stop in Northern Florida. We had the opportunity to meet both of the owners and they are very nice people and good host. The hotel was clean and our room was very nice. In essence we have absolutely no complaints against the hotel and if in the area would stay there again.
Now the mixed part - The Carrabelle does not offer breakfast at the hotel, instead they give you a coupon to eat at a local restaurant called: Two Al's. Avoid the place it is not worthy of being associated with this quaint Hotel. The establishment is decrepit on the outside - when walking in we say two very large spiders walking across the dirty porch. Upon entering this dark and dreary place it appeared the matt at the front door had never been cleaned. While eating breakfast we watched another sizable spider walking across the floor while the waitress just seemed to walk around it - not appetizing to watch any bugs while you are eating. I had biscuits and gravy and the biscuits were so raw they stuck to the top of my mouth. My wife had bacon which must have been on the grill about two seconds - way un-done.
So, in summary - The Carrabelle Hotel - Nice, we would stay again. The 2 Al's Restaurant I would never go back to.

1 Thank Gene A
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed for two nights in the regatta room which was really nice, clean, and comfortable.
Reservation and check -in were smooth and easy. Owners, Kathy and Skip were very friendly and accommodating. I will return next year.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Regatta room and it was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank TTL23
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just one block from the main highway--easy to find--this B & B is extremely laid back. We have felt like we were at a friend's vacation house! This place doesn't try to be grand, and that is refreshing. It's friendly and relaxed.

Room Tip: Ask for the Magnolia Room.
1 Thank Th0masDH
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Hotel for one evening in May, what a wonderful experience we had. We stayed in the Flamingo Room, it was tastefully decorated and I loved all the "little" touches. Check-in was a breeze and so easy. We had a real sense of security, peace and quiet. The breakfast at 2Al's was an added bonus, the staff so nice and friendly and the food delicious. Thanks Skip, for being such a pleasant owner to make my reservations with, my regards to your wife as well, you obviously make a great team!!

Anita and Bob Bay
Cookeville, TN

Room Tip: The Flamingo room is on the back of the hotel and seems to be a bit quieter from street noise.
Green Features: Loved the recycling interest and the "green" attention to utilities.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrabelle
St George Inn
Coombs House Inn
Coombs House Inn
#1 of 3 in Apalachicola
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,084 reviews

Been to The Old Carrabelle Hotel? Share your experiences!