“Great Pizza!”

Dining options: Lunch
Central Florida, Florida
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed at Sherton North and we asked where we can get great pizza. They told us this place, so we went however we couldnt find it for a little bit. However it was worth getting a little turned around. The pizza was very good! I would eat it again!

• Visited January 2013

Florida
“Good family restaurant”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

One of our spots for pizza, which is very good, but we always end up asking for a side of marinate sauce. The place is small, and they finally got new seats for the booths (previous ones were really uncomfortable). It can get very congested by the front door due to the limited space and high volume of carryouts. Limited alcohol selection. Tucked inside of a Publix shopping center, off Button road.

“Best New York style pizza in Orlando!!!”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is my favorite NY style pizza place in Orlando--super yummy and reminds me of pizza I used to have in the City. It's the big slices you fold to eat! Try the calzone and Stromboli too--huge and tasty!!

On The Road
“Yummy Yummy Yummy”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Pizza was perfect, service was marvelous, prices were excellent. But they don't stop at just excellent pizza - the lunch entrees are very good and reasonably priced Believe it or not they have some really good wings - go figure! We'll be back!

• Visited November 2011
Orlando, Florida
“Great service, food overrated...by far”
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Who I am: Pizza and wing lover who has lived in Florida for 5+ years but is originally from Rochester, NY, where pizza and wings are taken seriously.

More Context: I went to Anthony's with my wife as my co-workers raved about it and the website said that it had won "Best Pizza in Central Florida" several times. Thus, I was expecting the best.

The Food: I was astonished at how pedestrian the pizza was! It was far too greasy for its own good, and even worse, it had that cheap cheese that is reminiscent of bowling alley and/or roller skating rink pizza. Also, while I am used to non-NY places being weak with their wing sauce (i.e. "Hot" outside of NY usually means "Mild" in NY), I thought that Anthony's would be different. I ordered Hot wings, and sure enough, they were mild. They were very crispy and well-sauced, which was great, but the taste just wasn't there (nor was the heat).

The Service: Our waitress was one of the best I've ever had anywhere, actually - she was very nice, and when I asked for some hot sauce (to put on the pizza, naturally:) ), she brought out a big cup of wing sauce (I was thinking a bottle of Franks or something)! Also, the other servers who weren't busy were friendly and were talking to the regulars and watching TV with everyone. It was really a nice atmosphere as created by the staff.

Random: It was freezing in there. The air conditioning was on full blast even though the weather outside was about 50 degrees in December. I'd rather have it be too cold in a restaurant than too hot, but jeez!

Overall: I won't be going back, and while the food wasn't horrible, I am really devastated that Anthony's had won so many awards and has--seemingly--such a great reputation around town. Is this the best we can do in Orlando? Well, obviously not, as Italian Village Pizza down the street delivers far superior quality (and delivers, period, which Anthony's doesn't do).