“Delicious, but different fondue experience”

Colorado Fondue Company
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Casselberry
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious, but different fondue experience”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

If you love fondue, this place is great. They have lots of pairings for you to choose from based on how hungry you are. We started with a cheese that had 4 or 5 different cheeses mixed in it. It was delicious! They had lots of cheeses to choose from, but the one we chose was a special. You have your standard dippers and you can ask for more if you run out. After the cheese we had the salad which was really fresh. Then came the strange part for me...the meat part. You don't dip them in a pot here, you cook them on a hot stone, sort of like hibachi style. They bring you a new stone if yours starts to cool down. While I appreciate the attempt to be different, I didn't particularly care for cooking the meat on the stone. I felt like it took longer and was a bit hard to flip the pieces of meat on the stone. The chocolate dessert came afterwards and again, it was amazing. The place was packed, the servers all very friendly and professional, but it was a touch slow in between the courses. I would definitely come here again and enjoy other options, but I would probably skip the meat portion and just do cheese and chocolate.

• Visited August 2013

Longwood, Florida
“Something different!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The beef was very good. I had the tenderloin, and it was well marbled and tender. Others in the party had chicken or seafood. One had the vegetarian and said it was excellent. It's a different type of fondue than it's competitor with cooking your own food on a hot tile (they call it a rock) at 700 degrees rather than hot peanut oil. Still in all very good. The dessert is excellent. We enjoyed the Chocolate Mint and the others in our party had the peanut butter cheesecake dip. A bit pricey, but we all came away full and the service is good. I would recommend it for something different. We sat in the bar area and it is reminiscent of a Colorado Ski lodge rathskeller. Complete with a moose head.

• Visited August 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“A fun time and good food”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My daughter and I visited this restaurant while I was visiting from out of town. She lives in the area and had never been so we decided to give it a try. It is not as "fancy" as the Melting Pot which was nice because I had only packed casual clothes. Our server was very nice and attentive. They have reasonable prices on their drinks. I thought the price was good for the amount of food you get. Also, I enjoyed cooking on the hot rock rather than boiling the food in broth. All in all it was a nice experience. I would come back again.

• Visited July 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Just Okay”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I'll start this review by stating that I LOVE fondue and have been to many fondue restaurants throughout the years - and it's been my choice for my personal birthday celebration for probably the past 10 years. I'm new to Orlando, so instead of going to the unnamed national chain fondue restaurant, I decided to try Colorado, since I like to support the locally owned and had heard great reviews both online and from friends. I liked the decor (kind of a mountain cabin, southwest feel) but it seems more open with your booth not being quite as private as the other places I've been. The service was VERY mediocre (maybe it was just our waitress, I don't know), but she didn't explain things well, our soup was cold by the time she brought a spoon, and we felt incredibly rushed with all the courses. Fondue is supposed to be a long, leisurely fun evening, we felt like we were being shoveled the food. At one point I even asked her to slow down (which I've never done before in a restaurant). And fondue lovers beware...the main course is NOT traditional pot fondue. I admire them for putting their own twist on things - instead of a pot of oil/broth to cook your food, they bring an incredibly hot stone and you cook your meats there, kind of like a grill. Their meat seemed to be high quality, but my objection to this is a) you don't get the added flavors of the oil and broths to your food and b) it takes longer to cook your foods (the plate has to be replaced 1-2 times because it cools off rather quickly) and c) as a result you're not really sure if the chicken and shrimps are fully cooked, which is not only irritating but also a potential health risk. I also was very unimpressed with the three selection of sauces (I didn't think they tasted very good) and did not like the pot of simmering vegetables and pasta that came along with it - 3 tiny mushrooms and some sliced zucchini. The dessert fondue was very good, and I liked their selection of sweets a lot. So bottom line is I was glad I tried it, but I likely won't be back if I'm making the plans.

• Visited July 2013
Casselberry, Florida, United States
“First time but def not last time”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We arrived about 30 minutes before they actually opened and instead of turning us away, they let us sit at the bar, and served us drinks. The food is cooked on a hot stone and not boiled in oil like the other place. I was listening to the servers at other tables and they were all very helpful and just great. We will definitely visit again!

• Visited May 2013