“Great Cuban Food”

Rolando's Cuban Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Cuban, Deli, Latin
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food and service are very good. The restaurant is family owned and operated and they take pride in it as such. They accommodate large parties and are also great for couples. They even allowed my friend's service dog with no problem.

I have been going there for over 10 years and have always been happy with them.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

As long time patrons of Rolando's, we were curious about the transition to the new owners. It has been a couple of months, so we thought the "bugs" should be worked out. Perhaps they have, but not to the positive. The hostess was pleasant and seated us immediately. It was a Friday evening, and we were one of two occupied tables. Not a good sign. After quite a long wait a server came and introduced herself. She obviously had a cold/stuffed up head. I inquired what type of fish was used for the "filet of fish" and she did not know. She asked the chef, and returned to tell us it was "swiss". (I can only imagine the chef said swai.) She took our drink order and also our dinner order. Our drinks were served quickly and she brought bread. Previously the bread had been toasted and was served warm with a light buttering. This bread was served room temperature, no toasting and the liquid butter made it soggy. Then a long wait. When the food was served one of our orders was wrong and I can only attribute that to the stuffed up head affecting hearing. The meal was quickly returned to the kitchen, with apologies. The other order was left and it was delicious. Chicken and yellow rice with a generous serving of chicken and very flavorful. The server brought out the sides for the incorrect dinner and fairly quickly brought out the pork chunks. Again generous portion. A little dry and a spice that was unfamiliar. Great black beans and rice. Perhaps it is time for us to find another Cuban restaurant.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The traditional Cuban steak (Palomilla) encebollado or tender pork or tasty chuletas con arroz blanco, maduros, y frijoles negros o rojos all served with an excellent fresh lettuce and tomato salad sprinkled with string beans (habichuelas verdes) and seasoned with the house dressing (aderezo) along with warm Cuban bread--and topped off with delicious flan--are mouth-watering, scrumptious dinner and dessert selections the Dominican family owners pridefully serve seven days a week. Though I prefer Sunday afternoons. Other typical menu selections are popular, too. But the above mentioned are my favorites. Tough to find reliable Cuban eateries in Central Florida (outside of Kissimmee), but this is the best in the Casselberry, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary area.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Excellent food at a reasonable price. Service to match. A very nice place for both lunch and dinner. Family run and the pride shows. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

When I used to work in Casselberry I discovered this fantastic Cuban restaurant. I have eaten here at least ten times. If you just want some good 'ol Cuban food, then this is the place to go...especially considering there is not much for authentic food in the area.

1  Thank AnchoredAshley