“Rainy Tuesday morning”

Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

With it storming on our last day and most places not open yet we stopped in at this little hideaway treasure. The staff were fun and fast on the coffee and the breakfast was awesome! Cheese grits with biscuits and bacon and cheese omelet cooked just right. My group will be making this a permanent stop when we come back. Thanks for saving our breakfast and giving us a final memory on our trip.

There are newer reviews for Annie's Cafe

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was not impressed with Cedar Key and not impressed with this place. The food was OK but there were no smiles and no air conditioning and odd hours. And too many dogs!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

If you're looking for fancy food, this is not the place. If you're looking for upscale surroundings, this is not the place. If you're looking for well mannered, polite, friendly service from uber-cool waiters and waitresses, this is not the place. But if you want a really good burger or tasty seafood in a plain old fish camp setting, Annie's Café is a good spot for you. First thing that you notice when you walk in is the sound of fans running - then it hits you that the place has no air conditioning. Thank goodness our lunch visit last Saturday followed a nice rain which cooled things off enough to make it somewhat pleasant even without AC. Our waitress had what appeared to be a permanent scowl on her weathered face that reminded me of Sgt. Joe Friday from the old Dragnet TV show back in the 60's. So I decided to forego my usual witty banter and stick to "just the facts". Fried mullet dinner for me with hushpuppies, French fries and fried dill pickle slices (my cardiologists would not be happy but heck we're on vacation in Cedar Key for goodness sake). My wife opted for a cheeseburger (I chuckled at her ignorance - ordering a burger in a seafood joint). Sgt. Friday brought our ice cold beers out promptly and our food arrived a short time later. The mullet was tasty and really hot (as in right out of the pan). While I have had better mullet in a couple of other places located in the panhandle area of Florida, Annie's mullet was at least a 7 out of 10 on the scale of goodness so I was a happy camper. My wife on the other hand proclaimed Annie's burger as one of the best that she has ever had anywhere - 9.5 out of 10. I was able to get one bite of her burger and I have to agree - it was a great burger. After finishing our meal, I decided to break out my wittiness when the waitress brought our check figuring that I nothing to lose at that point. Much to my surprise, she broke into a big smile but quickly regained her composure as if she had a reputation of surliness to live up to - but I know better (wink-wink). FYI - this place has a back deck with tables overlooking the water that may be a nice place to eat when it's not raining and the dreaded "no-seeums" are dozing.

2  Thank PapaRob
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place was suggested for a good breakfast. We found nothing extra ordinary. The food and service were good.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We always look to return to Annie's on our visit to Cedar Key. We stop on our way into town for a delicious burger and on our way out of town for breakfast. The menu is typical, but the prep and presentation equals the delicious taste and value for your money. The waitress is predictable, and if you are able to wrangle a smile out of her, you're a better person than me! The cook enjoys the compliments and the surroundings are interesting. This place has been here awhile, so it is historical, as are many of the characters you see in there.