“Great! ”

Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Good prices and the food was perfect. Crisp fries, huge cheeseburger, tasty sweet tea, onion rings, and chicken sandwich. Poor service though once the food was served. I would have given them 5 BUT on our first visit when we arrived there were 5 minutes left for breakfast and 20 minutes before they served lunch. They refused to go ahead and make our lunch and wanted us to wait. We left. We decided to give them another chance.

1  Thank Kathy S

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Great southern diner food. Fried okra, fried green beans, corn nuggets, and many other side options. The hush puppies were great! The burgers were very good, the fried grouper sandwich was fantastic, and the chicken fingers were well seasoned and juicy.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Annie's Cafe was okay for breakfast--eggs, grits, the usual easy-to-prepare breakfast fare.

There seems not to be much to anything in the way of very good let alone terrific food/restaurant options in Cedar Key these days. Lots of places are closed for business, it appeared.

1  Thank Fun2RvAlso
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Placed take out orders of biscuits and gravy for staff lunch. It was fantastic. Everyone was pleased and had some left for later on in the day. If you like gritts and greens this is the place to get the best in town.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Food was just okay but the waitress at this place was one of the worst I have ever dealt with. I normally will not write bad reviews unless the food is terrible but because of how awful the waitress treated our table I am writing a review to warn people. We were a family of 9 and were seated at 2 tables which is understandable since it is a smaller place. There were 2 waitresses: 1 younger girl and an older woman. The older woman was our waitress and immediately had an attitude. Tried to still say please and thanks because thought maybe she was just having a bad day but it just got worse. She kept running past our table and we tried multiple times to get her attention with no avail finally my husband raised his hand as she went by and asked for drink refills she did not respond and turned her back to us so as she went to walk off I said m'am trying to get her attention and with her back still to us she throws her hands in the air and says "yeah 2 waters, I GOT IT". She literally throws the drinks on the table spilling water out and continued walking by without apologizing or anything. I get it was busy but that was just plain rude even after we continued to try and be polite. I was a waitress at a very busy restaurant/bar so I understand her job but I also know even on bad days you do what you can to kiss people's butts since they are the one's giving you a tip (which is where most of your money is made). Since there are only 1 or 2 breakfast places we had to go back here again and we were all dreading having her again. Luckily we got the younger waitress and it was much more pleasant this time. Food was typical for a breakfast cafe but I will say the orange juice was terrible. Other than the AWFUL service the food was fine. Just hope no one gets the treatment that our family did.

Been to Annie's Cafe? Share your experiences!