“Wonderful Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Park Place in Cedar Key
Ormond Beach
“Wonderful Location”
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Great stay in a clean and wonderful room. Our room, 222, had an excellent view of the gulf and large private deck. We found the room to have everything we needed for our 3 day stay. Close to all the shops and restaurants. Best place we've found in Cedar Key.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Had to leave
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tomokamike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
orlando fl.
Reviewed 15 August 2007

worst place i ever stayed, it smells like pets in all the units it had cock roaches bad and they rip me off on my credit card, i will never stay their again

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — they rip me off on my credit card and to many cock roaches
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2007

A superior property for a moderate price. We loved the location...within walking distance to just about everything and a nice view out to the gulf without being on the busier main road.

The suites are all individually owned and the one we rented - #228 - was very nicely decorated...huge comfortable king sized bed. All the amenities - fridge, stove, microwave, fully equipped kitchen. Very roomy too. Great private balcony with chairs.

Staff was great...very friendly and helpful. Not a thing to complain about...we were very pleased with the choice.

Mikell

• Liked — Location, large suite and private balcony & moderate price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank MikellHerrick
Daytona Beach, FL
Reviewed 13 March 2007

We cannot wait for our next visit to Cedar Key and Park Place Inn. The staff was wonderful and the hotel is central to dining and the beach. If peace and quiet is what you are looking for, Cedar Key is the place. We live in a tourist area where there is something going on day and night and the relaxation of Cedar Key was just what we needed. Next time we'll ask for a second floor unit as the balconys front on the road.

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Balcony fronting on street
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank LizannDaytonaBeach
centerburg, ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2007

We arrived with no lodging booked and drove around and went in to inquire about rates and asked to look at a room. They were very helpful and accommodating and we loved the unit. It was a well appointed condo unit with beautiful up-to-date furniture, bedroom loft and sofa bed. We loved the view from the balcony and I walked all around the town in the morning.

This is a great location, at a park, oceanview, walk to all restaurants, etc. Make note that Cedar Key is very quiet during the week, when we were there, but I understand it is different on weekends.

I highly recommend this hotel: clean, friendly, modern, good location, great value. I couldn't believe how inexpensive the unit was (it was somewhat more for weekends but still not bad). Rates were much less than an oceanview in Daytona, but then the view is not quite as great as a Daytona view!

• Liked — decor/furniture
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chippsch
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 17 December 2006

Stayed at the Park Place for two nights in late November. What a nice place. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. I got a third story loft for the same rate as a first or second floor room (during the week all rooms are the same rate, at least at this time of the year). The room was more then I had expected. It had all the features of a small one bedroom condo, however it had a stovetop, but no oven. It was also very quiet there which is what I needed. But this time of the year is the slow time and not too many of the rooms were being used. I noticed that when I rode by the other motels around town also. I was told it picks up between February and May when the snowbirds and owners of the condos come down, but they say everyone just blends in so it doesn't really look like a theme park resort town. I had a very nice view of the Gulf and Dock St from the balcony. The motel is a short walk away from Dock St. I brought my own bicycle from home and biked all around town. It was very relaxing. You could also rent bicycles, scooters, golf carts and even boats for a nominal fee. I rented a kayak for the first time and had a blast. There are also boat tours (I did one of those) and fishing trips too. The restaurants there are quite good, although a little bit on the pricey side, but that's because they're all mom & pop places, no big chain (or even little chain) restaurants here, and I hope it stays that way. I would suggest bringing some food for a few meals if you plan on going there for more then one day, but do try the restaurants a few times too.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
5 Thank USFFrank
central scotland
Reviewed 13 December 2006

Spent three nights here in 330, on top floor. It exceeded our expectations. It was very well equipped and furnished, very comfortable. Beautiful sunrises from the balcony, which was well provided with tables and comfortable chairs, not plastic. The lady at reception was exceptionally helpful. Cedar key is just fabulous, though eating out was a little disappointing (we had takeout from Tony's Seafood and dinner one evening at the Island Hotel - it wasn't that it was bad, just not as good as we had expected). However, we had a fantastic dinner on our last night by buying clams, smoked fish and huge fresh shrimp from one of the many suppliers on the main road. With such wonderful produce on hand, and an excellent kitchen in the condo, you can't really go wrong, by cooking yourself.
We will certainly go back on our next trip to Florida.

• Liked — Peaceful, comfortable,relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Inglis
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Park Place in Cedar Key? Share your experiences!