“RELAXING GET AWAY IN QUAINT OLD FISHING TOWN IN HISTORIC HOTEL!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Island Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 3 Cedar Key B&B and Inns
Lucedale, Mississippi
“RELAXING GET AWAY IN QUAINT OLD FISHING TOWN IN HISTORIC HOTEL!!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We always had visited the bar in this hotel with its colorful locals and guest but had never stayed in bed and breakfast type hotel before. I can not express how much we loved the hotel and Cedar Key in general!!!! The inn was built originally in 1859 or so as a general store and has had many changes through the years!! It has wooden walls, ceilings,and floors and some rooms have clawfoot tubs. There is a room in the middle of the top of the stairs to read, get on computer, visit with other guests. It feels like home!!! Homecooked breakfast every morning--either quiche, French toast, or scrambled eggs, homemade biscuit, and two pieces of bacon with choice of six juices!!! The dining room has a wonderful menu that had local oysters, clams,and fish and their soup of day is always good!!!! You can walk anywhere you want to go in Cedar Key!!! There is an old graveyard with old graves dating in the mid 1850's. They were a long line fishing town until it was banned so now they have clam farms and oyster beds. There is a shell mound from Indian days at edge of town. There are many talented artists with all types of crafts. The hotel has a porch that you can view water and sunrise and birds in the short distance!!! Take a trip off the beaten path it is worth it. Ohhhhh I almost forgot to mention that this hotel is rumored to have over ten ghosts!!! The locals say they have seen them. Do not let this scare you away. I am going back as soon as I can.

Room Tip: We actually slept in three different rooms and all were fine!!! ENJOY!##
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Helen1950

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Looking to get-away for a special weekend, look no further. The Island Hotel is one of those rare place that offer Old Florida ambiance and hospitality. Don't expect all the up to the minute perks, but they will have everything that you need to have that perfect weekend. They do have free Wi-Fi so you can stay connected if you absolutely need to, but that is not what Cedar Key is all about.
It also has a great, rustic bar. Escape from the ordinary.

Room Tip: Reserve well in advance, request Kings for a comfortable sleep. No TV's in the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheBuckeye
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I proposed to my wife here 13 yrs ago. I thought we go back to see the place and take my folks to celebrate my wife's birthday.

The inn still has that small town charm. I think it's a bit run down on the outside and could use a fresh coat of paint. The bar is quaint and the place to be. Lots eat dinner there instead of the main dining room. We had cocktails and Cedar Key clams before heading into the dining room.

We stayed in room 29, our original room. A king bed, good lord did that bed squeak!!! Every time I rolled over. The bed was comfortable tho. The shower was built for someone short. Both of us being almost 6 foot and over it was uncomfortable. I think next time we will stay in 34, the other king room.

Breakfast was limited but still good. Quiche or French toast both with bacon. Coffee and juice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flame6883
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Historic building is so cool. Balcony is awesome. Happy I experienced it. Owners hate everyone, each other and owning this hotel. Rude. Aloof. Indifferent. Ruined our stay. $200 night. Plus bed was made of rocks. Won't return.

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank wendystpete
Picayune, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The hotel was built in the 1860s and in many ways it shows. On the other hand, everything was clean and the climate control was excellent, the bed the most comfortable I've slept in for years (including home), the linens crisp and clean and the towels very large and fluffy. The bar, though small was a delight and the food in the restaurant couldn't be better. We'd LOVE to go back for an even longer say than the two nights we had this time.

Room Tip: Every room is different, you can go to their website and select from pictures.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank PatCW42
Arizona
Reviewed 18 December 2013

When we arrived at this hotel I had reserved I was not sure I wanted to stay here because it looked a little run down and the lady (who ended up being the owner) was not very friendly but we didn't see any other place that suited us so stayed. A hired worker was on duty by the time we checked in and she was VERY friendly and the stay was really nice. Loved the wrap around deck.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Our first night in Cedar Key and we went here on recommendation from a family member. Service was not good. The server forgot to bring out my salad, did not bring out crackers or bread while waiting for our food and did not check back with us after taking our order until we were almost finished with our meal.

I had the crab bisque which was excellent and my husband had Shrimp, tile fish and scallops. His was good but the portions were kind of small for the price. The homemade crackers were EXCELLENT even though we had to ask for these. The bread was good too.

We would go here again...the crab bisque will bring me back again and again!

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable restaurant. Excellent Crab Bisque
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Island Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!