“Clean and Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dockside Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Dockside Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
“Clean and Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Husband and I took a motorcycle trip from Daytona Beach over to Cedar Key. We fell in love with this quaint seaside town and decided to stay the night. We stayed at the Dockside and found the staff friendly, the rooms very clean, and the views breathtaking. The manager even encouraged us to park our bikes right up front on the sidewalk. I encourage you to stay at this hotel and enjoy the sights and ambience of Cedar Key.We will be back!

Room Tip: Room on the front corner had a great view of the dock and sea.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheWilsonsinKy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rockwood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Not for you if you want a luxury hotel. But great if you want a charming, clean and comfortable room within walking distance to everything and a view to die for. We watched people fishing on the pier and dolphin swimming from the huge windows in our room. Very affordable and well kept with a pleasant manager. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: The front cornor room offers windows on two sides for cross ventilation and great view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Todd M
Anna Maria Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

After reading the horrible review from ONE guest, I was hesitant to book the Hotel. We were Very pleasantly surprised. On the large dock where most of the action is (restaurants,coffee places & bars w/ music overlooking the water) and easy walking distance to the 'downtown' (& Joe's Restaurant) The rooms were fairly spacious w/ fresh paint, crisp white bedding.Mini fridge & microwave,free wi-fi & clean!. Ice can be purchased across the street &.no coffee maker, I knew that before hand & brought my own.........but across the street is a coffee shop.The manager Lynn is a real sweetheart ready to go out of her way to accommodate any( reasonable) request .Request a corner room w/ windows on 2 sides. Also on busy weekends you may want to ask for a room off the street side (motorcycles late at night)
We had the good fortune to meet the owners up for the weekend & lot's of upgrades are planned, ,ie: window coverings & furniture .... Cedar Key is a very laid-back, old Florida town. If you require a few more amenities.......book one of the condos in town, but I will not hesitate to book this hotel again. It's kinda a well-kept secret..

Room Tip: Corner room on backside of hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lilly0802
Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We checked in early and found our room to be clean. Kate, the manager went out of her way, to make us comfortable. She took care of little extras, we needed. View of the pier was great. We caught plenty of fish off of it. Nothing fancy, but clean and afordable, with a great manager.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Georgiarae
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

The room had a broken closet door that could have fallen any time and it was heavy , no coffee pot, and all the blinds were broken everyone could see in and very noisy in the morning , it needs to be remodeled !!! The only good thing was the view !! We won't stay there ever again !

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Bossy656
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I ought to give it four stars just for the ridiculously low rate, but there are a couple of minor issues. We stayed one night (New Year's Eve) and the rate was only sixty bucks. And for that, you really can't complain (much).

We were greeted upon check-in by the manager, who was VERY friendly and welcoming; just a super nice guy. However, he was leaving the next day to move closer to his family, so I don't know what kind of management situation you'll encounter if you stay there.

We stayed in room #6, which is upstairs and faces the water on Dock Street. It was clean enough, and had a mini refrigerator and a microwave. NO EXTRAS, but what do you expect for that rate? Therefore, bring your own hair dryer, shampoo, hand lotion, etc. There are none of those little niceties here (although they do have those tiny little bars of soap). We brought our own small coffee pot and coffee with us. They have free wi-fi, and they gave us the password as soon as we got there.

The furniture is nothing special: a couple of plastic patio chairs and table, two lamps, a TV, and a dresser. The bed was okay, not great, but we didn't wake up crippled, either. And I don't want to come off like the Princess and the Pea, but the sheets are ROUGH. Really. Rough enough that it was noticeable, and every time I rolled over or adjusted the sheet, I noticed how, um, ROUGH they were. So, very low thread count? Skimping on fabric softener? Using sandpaper as sheets? Not sure, but not a deal breaker (although if we go back, I will absolutely bring my own sheets. Yes, really). And if you stay in room 6, it's a king bed in just case you decide to bring your own! :)

The other issue I had may only be with certain rooms (including ours). It was 45 degrees outside, but the room was STIFLINGLY HOT, all night. We actually had to turn on the air conditioner because it was so unbelievably hot. When we checked in, there was an open window in the room, and it was really cool and breezy outside, but since the windows are only on one side, there is no cross ventilation unless you leave your room door open. Which you're not likely to do. I can't imagine how uncomfortable this would be in the summer time. Nevertheless, it was fine after we turned on the AC. I just hate to do that when it's December and really nice outside. I think perhaps the building is just oriented in such a way that even with the windows open, you just won't get much air circulating in the room. And that's not the fault of anyone at the motel, just something you might want to know about the comfort of the room(s).

Last, the next morning I ran into the hotel's owner. He greeted me passing in the hallway (I assumed he was a guest). We wished one another a happy new year, and he asked where I was from. I told him and we chatted, and then he mentioned he was the owner. He was really pleasant, and told me they were getting ready to make a lot of improvements on the motel. I thanked him and told him we'd be back, which we will. It's a sweet little place, nothing fancy, but clean and definitely worth it. It's like a lot of establishments in Cedar Key: owned by a transplant, or a retiree, or someone who just wants out of the rat race. Cedar Key is a wonderful little place, and the Dockside Motel is typical of the character of the town. Go. You'll enjoy it!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Chris W
Maumelle, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Very nice little place, very clean, and the location is incredible. We didn't have reservations, and arrived late at night, but the owner was very gracious and welcomed us in. It's a small hotel, but the rooms are very comfortable. It's definitely "Old Florida", as is the whole town, but it has a charm to it that you don't see in the new cookie cutter Florida.

Room Tip: We had room number 9, which I'd recommend, right at the top of the stairs, and it's a corner...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Dockside Hotel? Share your experiences!