I have a lot to say about the Dockside Motel (not a hotel, folks...) and it is ALL GOOD. $59 Sunday -Thursday and only $30 bucks more on weekends. I read all the reviews and after calling and leaving messages for two days, I finally got Wolfe on the phone.
He is the caretaker of the Dockside and a cool German dude. I will break it down for you and give you the info I wanted and did not find on Trip advisor.
1) Call between 9a & noon, for your reservation.
2) Even numbered rooms are on the front side of building, facing the water & pier. Odd numbered rooms face water and the bridge.
3) Room #1 has windows all around and #2 (where we stayed) had the front corner. At night, even in June, we hoisted the windows open and the cross breeze was awesome.
4) I can see that the weekends the front side rooms would be louder due to traffic & music, but dang, if you are coming to Cedar Key and going to complain about music, stay home!
5) There are no coffee makers, toiletries etc...I saw another post about this and brought our Keurig, good idea.
6) Wolfe leaves the doors open so you can see all unoccupied rooms. If you don't like your assigned room, hey he will change it .
7) While the furnishings are dated, we didn't go to Cedar Key to hang in the room, we wanted to fish, eat well and have a view.
8) Pier is open 24/7, folks were catching Black Drum, sharks, channel cats off the pier.
We loved the Dockside for the location. On the weekends it is hard to park, so park you r ride and leave it. No body should be driving around anyway, the "strip" is walkable and has everything you need. I will write about this in another review.
So, great clean place, but do not expect maid service...in fact, bring your own stuff and you will be happy. (shampoo, extra towels, coffee maker if you need java immediately upon rising)
- Also Known As:
- Dockside Hotel Cedar Key, Florida